HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-28-2007, 11:16 PM   #1
sassy

Triple Positives on Lupron?

I have been on Lupron since 11/05, first on every 3 month shots, then had to switch to monthly last December due to rise in estradiol.

Things have been difficult since. I feel like I'm on a menopausal roller coaster. And my emotions are not faring well. (My poor husband!) My rib soreness has increased and is pretty much constant now. No pains, just sore like I have been squeezed hard, and it seems to move around to different points.

I will see my onc Friday--but has anyone else had anything similar?

Is anyone else on Lupron and an AI? I only know of one other on this board.

Just when I thought things would be getting better, they seem to be getting worse.

Appreciate any thoughts.
________
LIVE SEX WEBSHOWS

Last edited by sassy; 08-22-2011 at 09:12 AM..
sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 06:07 AM   #2
Lisa1962

I was on Lupron and Femara until December '06, I had the same type of pain - joint/muscle aches everywhere - the hormone rollercoaster slowed down a bit - but I was still getting hot flashes.

I decided to get my ovaries out in December - I figured I was never turning them back on , so I might as well have them removed - one less needle for me - and two fewer things to worry about becomming cancerous...

The aches haven't changed - so I don't think it was the Lupron - but rather the dramatic drop into menopause and the AI. But it's keeping me alive...
Lisa1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 12:30 PM   #3
DianaK

I am triple positive and have been getting monthly Lupron shots since 2/05.I am also on Femara.I was doing Herceptin until5/06-I had terrible rib pain-and I know it was from the Herceptin.It slowly subsided over a couple of months-as did all of its side effects.Could it be the Herceptin in conjunction with the monthly shots?All I know is that after all this time my onc has finally brought up the possibility of having my ovaries removed.I am totally against it.I know-silly but that is how I feel and after having bi-lat masts and recon I am really not inclined to remove any more body parts.I really don't have any problems anymore with the monthly shots,maybe it just takes awhile for your body to adjust-all theories I guessfrom my own experience-Diana
DianaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 09:06 PM   #4
sassy

I saw my onc today and discussed the problems I am having with the Lurpon and hormonal "struggles". My body is strongly fighting this induced menopause, keeping me on a hormonal rollercoaster.

He had told me previously that he was not inclined to remove my ovaries because he had learned of studies showing a benefit for non-recurrence in HER2+ using Lurpon. I asked him to explain this to me today.

My laymans translation is basically that the steriod hormone androgen appears to be over-expressed "within" the nucleus of the her2 cell and Lurpon suppresses this, which is beneficial in terms of recurrence.

So I continue with the Lupron (really don't want another surgery now either) and he has prescribed neurontin to see if it will help with hot flashes, mood swings, etc.

Hopefully this will help me "even out" until my body quits fighing to be "productive".
________
ShadowAngel

Last edited by sassy; 08-22-2011 at 09:12 AM..
sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 12:28 PM   #5
DianaK

Thanks so much for this info-I will bring this up to my onc next visit!Diana
DianaK is offline   Reply With Quote