HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-27-2006, 05:11 AM   #1
Lyn
A Living Legend

Cool Is this just a coincidence?

About 2 months back I started using a pressure pack under arm deoderant and now I have suspicious lumps under my arm pit. I can remember years ago a lady told me it causes cancer because of the aluminium in it, I usually use roll on but my daughter bought one and didn't like it so I inherited it, having cancer already may have paved the way for the spray to erupt the tissue into cancer cells?

Love & Hugs Lyn
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 05:24 AM   #2
Joe
Webmaster

Lyn,

You may be having an allergic reaction to some of ingredient(s).

Regards
Joe
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 11:38 AM   #3
StephN

What kind of rash?

And what is a "pressure pak"??
I use something called "crystal" if I want a deodorant.
It is a solid and I have to get it a little wet to smooth it on.
No aluminum in it. Used to have to get it at the health food/supplements store, but now see this brand in a few other pharmacies.

Are you putting anything on the rash to calm it down??
StephN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 04:32 PM   #4
Lyn
A Living Legend

Smile

Hi Steph, I should have said spray can not pump type. I have one of those crystals and it lookes lovely sitting on my vanity unit, typical I better start using it. Hi Joe, the scan result said suspicious of being subcutaneous metastases. I showed them the biopsy report when they did the mammo and ultra sound so hopefully they are being over anxious, not mention of biopsies either, so I will wait until Tuesday when I see my Onc, I guess I will have to tell him what I want, he doesn't play the game lately, on what to do next, he always asks me what I want to do, except for referring me to the Trial doc for the drug to stop blood supply to the cancer cells, I bummed out their with my biopsy report not mention of lump or mass so I didn't have anything to keep check on, except now I do have a couple of lumps which aren't identified yet as being BC, I might just fax the results to him anyway and he can make up his own mind, at least he might know what to do about them, he was happy for me to stay on Herceptin as quote, "it is obviously doing the job". Well in the meantime I am waiting, waiting, and of course gettingh together some ammunition for my visit with the onc.

Love & Hugs Lyn
Old 01-28-2006, 12:30 PM   #5
Unregistered

Lyn,

Those lumps very well could be from the deodorant you are using. After years of dealing with painful lumps under his arms, my husband switched to just plain deodorant (not anti-perspirant) and he has not had anymore problems with lumps. I think the aluminum compound in the anti-perspirant was the culprit. He can use any brand of deodorant now, just as long as it doesn't have the aluminum what-ever-it-is chemical in it!

I hope that is all it is for you too. Love Kim (in CA)
Old 01-28-2006, 01:49 PM   #6
karenann

About 4 years ago, pre bc, I was using a deoderant called, Tom's of Maine. All natural, etc. Well, long story short, I got a rash and after that went away, I got a huge lump under my arm. After 2 months (doctor watching) it went away and it was determined that I had an allergic reation to the deoderant.

Maybe that is what has happened to you, Lyn.

Karen
karenann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 04:40 PM   #7
chrislmelb

Hi Lyn

I have used in the past a deoderant called Body Choice that comes from the supermarkets. It has no aluminium and is a roll on. It has no anti perspirant properties, just deoderant. Good luck
Christine
chrislmelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 05:01 PM   #8
michele u

Lyn, it sounds like Folliculitis. That's inflammation of the little hair follicules. Do you shave at all there? If you do, don't. And if you did and then used the deoderant, that's the culprit. Let me know if you have more questions. They usually give an antibiotic for it, avoid heat,and don't put any thing on it.
michele u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 05:40 PM   #9
Lyn
A Living Legend

Smile

You might be right Michelle about the shaving bit, I rarely do shave, mainly because I can't see under there anyway with my stiff neck and shoulders, but I figured when I could feel what we Aussie's call our arm pits, "Furry Wombats", I'd better do something about it before my daughter picks up on it, so I will stop the spraying and the shaving and try out my lovely bit of Salt Rock that I bought for that purpose but used it as an ornament instead, just like the pretty soaps I collect as well, they seem too nice to use, but as they say don't save things for special occassions for us every day is a special occassion.

Lo e & Hugs Lyn