Jean

Herceptin /and/Arimidex

http://www.therapeuticsdaily.com/new...e&channelID=28

Jean
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 11:13 AM   #2
Becky

Jean

There were some highlights at ASCO in regard to this and I direct some of this to you, because, like me, you are also ER+ but PR neg. This is a very unique pathology (more than I assumed). Arimidex and Herceptin is a very good choice for this pathology and apparently works better if you are PR neg.

I was able to have a good talk with some of the investigators of this and this pathology at ASCO (just got home now). Dr. Linden told me to get my estradiol levels checked after 6-9 months on Arimidex (oddly - my onc is doing this during my next Herceptin on 6/17 (along with the quarterly CA 27/29)). Her rationale is that she feels that it takes that long for AIs to really start trucking along good and if they don't then Tamoxifen or Faslodex should be employed. What does not working mean? 30pg/ml or less. She said 20pg/ml or less is better. I told her what if you are ER+ and PR neg but Her 2 +++? We should not take tamoxifen (at least that is what we have been told). She said, tamoxifen works great if you are also on Herceptin (she does most of her work with people with mets so they stay on Herceptin). She said we would have to have a really open dialogue with our oncs on getting Faslodex (only on label for metastatic disease) if AIs aren't working and you need Faslodex since we will not be on Herceptin indefinitely for early stage.

Just thought I would pass this along as this mixture is touted (by many papers, posters and presentations) to be very good.

Kindest regards

Becky

Last edited by Becky; 06-06-2006 at 11:15 AM..
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 06:24 PM   #3
Jean

Your Great!

Becky,

Thank you ever so much for the details! Since I have now started the chemo/
herceptin trt. I am off the Arimidex but should be going back on when complete with chemo.....I had in the past asked to have those levels checked to see if the Arimidex was doing it's job...but the onc. I was going to said to me "that he did not believe those test would prove levels since they change" I did not buy it then...I totally agree and I have always thought the levels should be followed to ensure that Arimidex is the best choice. I will run all this past Dr.Slamon after chemo and the onc. out here....will share what I hear...interesting to discover we are a rare sub-type...hope your feeling well...please stay in touch!

Sending Hugs,
Jean
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote