HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-02-2011, 04:43 PM   #1
TriciaV

Question What would you do?

I was diagnosed back in January 2007 with stage 3c IDC, multiple tumors largest being 7cm and 9/27 nodes +. Anyhow after all my chemo and radiation and surgeries I went NED. Well I have been having pain in my right back near my shoulder for about two months now, after trying everying to get rid of the pain I went to my Onc. He did X-rays and found a "spot" on my 6th right rib, had another set of x-rays and finding the same spot... My onc ordered a bone scan which I had yesterday and today I got the results that said it was normal. WHat should I do? What should I ask of my Onc? I know I still have this pain that has NEVER stopped hurting, the pain has never moved up or down or changed? What would you do???? ANy and all thoughts would be most appreciated!!!!
Mammo and Ultrasound found 3 seperate masses largest being 7cm. Dr was sure they were an old breast infection, gave me antibiotics and sent me on my way. after three months of 4 rounds of antibiotics and fighting with the Dr. Finally had a 2nd Dr listen to me and had surgery
1/4/07 Surgical biopsy done :-(
DX stage 3c IDC er+ pr+ Her2+++ 31 years old
2 rounds ACH 6 rounds CTH ,a little healing time and then Mastectomy w/lymph node dissection, 9/27 positive nodes, a little more healing time
5/07 started another 6 rounds of cleanup chemo of CTH- Carboplatin, Taxotere and Herceptin
started Tomoxafin 9/07, Also declared NED 9/07
2009-Lymphedema- sleeve and glove
6-26-11 X-rays show suspicious spot on right 6th rib
8-25-11 another round of X-rays ordered, which also showed same spot on right 6th rib
9-1-11 Onc had bone scan done
TriciaV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 07:09 PM   #2
BonnieR

Re: What would you do?

What DOES your onc think it is then??? It needs to be diagnosed. Could it be in your shoulder, like a torn rotator cuff or something? It sounds like you would feel better if you got another opinion. Can you see a radiologist or someone who can interpret these findings and make some conclusions? Meanwhile, please try not to worry until given more evidence. I know that is hard to do. Keep the faith.

Post menopause
May 2007 Core biopsy, Rt breast
ER+, Pr-, HER2 +++, Grade 3
Ki-67: 90%
"suspicious area" left breast
Bilateral mastectomy, (NED on left) May 2007
Sentinel Node Neg
Stage 1, DCIS with microinvasion, 3 mm, mostly removed during the biopsy....
Femara (discontinued 7/07) Resumed 10/07
OncoType score 36 (July 07)
Began THC 7/26/07 (d/c taxol and carboplatin 10/07)
Began Herceptin alone 10/07
Finished Herceptin July /08
D/C Femara 4/10 (joint pain/trigger thumb!)
5/10 mistakenly dx with lung cancer. Middle rt lobe removed!
Aromasin started 5/10
BonnieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 07:11 PM   #3
Laurel

Well, Tricia, I would inquire of my Onc. whether the bone scan is sufficient to conclusively rule out bone mets to your rib. They will usually pronounce definitively that the scan would reveal the mets, or suggest further scans or a biopsy if they feel a question remains. Press your Onc. and let her know how worried you are.

Now all the above said, I must tell you I have had a sore left hip off and on for years post cancer. I have found it is irritated by certain positions in which I sit and by some exercise. My scans have been negative. I my case I may just be old and decrepit. You on the other hand, look quite young from your photo, so I doubt that is the case, however you do take anti-hormonal therapy in the form of Tamoxifen and while it does not cause the arthralgia associated with AIs it does affect your estrogen levels. This alone may part of your problem. We seem to be a bit "creaky" without good ol'estrogen. For instance my hip just kills me when I sit with my feet propped up on the coffee table, something I always did prior to my cancer treatment.

Good luck, be persistent, and when it proves to be nothing be extra thankful!

Smile On!
Laurel

Dx'd w/multifocal DCIS/IDS 3/08
7mm invasive component
Partial mast. 5/08
Stage 1b, ER 80%, PR 90%, HER-2 6.9 on FISH
0/5 nodes
4 AC, 4 TH finished 9/08
Herceptin every 3 weeks. Finished 7/09
Tamoxifen 10/08. Switched to Femara 8/09
Bilat SPM w/reconstruction 10/08
Clinical Trial w/Clondronate 12/08
Stopped Clondronate--too hard on my gizzard!
Switched back to Tamoxifen due to tendon pain from Femara

15 Years NED
I think I just might hang around awhile....

Laurel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 07:51 PM   #4
Becky

I would ask for a Pet scan of the chest and abdomen to be sure. Also, sometimes right shoulder/back pain can be indicative of liver troubles.

Becky

Found lump via BSE
Diagnosed 8/04 at age 45
1.9cm tumor, ER+PR-, Her2 3+(rt side)
2 micromets to sentinel node
Stage 2A
left 3mm DCIS - low grade ER+PR+Her2 neg
lumpectomies 9/7/04
4DD AC followed by 4 DD taxol
Used Leukine instead of Neulasta
35 rads on right side only
4/05 started Tamoxifen
Started Herceptin 4 months after last Taxol due to
trial results and 2005 ASCO meeting & recommendations
Oophorectomy 8/05
Started Arimidex 9/05
Finished Herceptin (16 months) 9/06
Arimidex Only
Prolia every 6 months for osteopenia

NED 18 years!

Said Christopher Robin to Pooh: "You must remember this: You're braver than you believe and stronger than you seem and smarter than you think"
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:21 PM   #5
BonnieR

Becky's comment reminded me that I had right shoulder pain when having a gall bladder attack...but it was intermittent. Do you have any GI symptoms?
And Laurel, keep your feet off the coffee table! lol

Post menopause
Sentinel Node Neg
Aromasin started 5/10
Old 09-02-2011, 10:28 PM   #6
TriciaV

Hello Ladies, Thanks for the input. I was able to get the radiologists report today but didn't get a call back from my Dr. yet and of course it's Friday and a Holiday weekend at that, so I am not sure what my onc thinks of it. I know he was concerned when the radiologists phoned him with the results from the X-rays about the spot being in the 6th rib and my onc ordered a bone scan right away, He did say that the radiologists did rule out a fracture or break. I just find it funny or interesting that two sets of X-rays done over two months apart pick up this "spot" on the 6th rib and they said it is exactly where I am complaining of pain at and also the X-rays showed some arthritis in the lower back and then the bone scan done yesterday didn't show ANY of THAT!!!!! So wasn't sure if I should just demand a Pet/Ct and go with those results or if I should call this bone scan good and move on?
Mammo and Ultrasound found 3 seperate masses largest being 7cm. Dr was sure they were an old breast infection, gave me antibiotics and sent me on my way. after three months of 4 rounds of antibiotics and fighting with the Dr. Finally had a 2nd Dr listen to me and had surgery
2 rounds ACH 6 rounds CTH ,a little healing time and then Mastectomy w/lymph node dissection, 9/27 positive nodes, a little more healing time
5/07 started another 6 rounds of cleanup chemo of CTH- Carboplatin, Taxotere and Herceptin
8-25-11 another round of X-rays ordered, which also showed same spot on right 6th rib
Old 09-02-2011, 10:44 PM   #7
TriciaV

Oh and also want to add when I was first diagnosed I went to my primary care dr. complaining of pain in my right breast and found a small lump. I told him on my first visit I thought I had breast cancer, he told me I was too young 31 at the time, no family history, and breast cancer didn't hurt!!! HUH!!! he felt like it was an old breast infection since my son was nearly 2. I told him I never nursed nor ever had problems with breast infections in the past... he said oh yeah they can lay dormant and then pop up but we will do a mammogram and an ultrasound just to be sure...so that very day I went in for the mammo and ultrasound and it showed 3 masses in seperate areas of the breast, the one I could feel and two others I could not.... he said YUP just as I thought masses of infection and put me on antibiotics and sent me on my way...after two weeks of the antibiotics it was of course NO BETTER. I went back he said it was a stubborn infection and gave me another round of another kind, took those and once again not better. I return panicking a bit insisting he do a biopsy he tells me if he does he could open up my body to becoming septic and orders more antiobiotics and also talks to me about seeing a psychologist... WHAT??? I refused of course and started trying to find someone else to see. I irionically worked for our local Hospice agency and knew one of the Dr's and had her take a look at me as a friend and she told me " Tricia I can not tell you what that is, but I can tell you that is NOT an infection, You need a biopsy" she called my doctor herself as a friend of mine and told him I needed a biopsy not antibiotics and he called me right after and told me effective right away I was no longer allowed to be seen in his office again and that I would recieve written notice in the mail within the next few days. I was left in shock and scared to death, But my friend the other Dr. helped me get into a surgeon right away and got a biopsy and I was diagnosed at that time with stage 3c and 9 positive nodes and the largest tumor at that time was 7cm very large...we looked back at the first mammos and ultrasounds that the first idiot Dr did and the tumors were the size of peas grrrrrrr but because of my stats and being Her2+ and my age those tumors were growing like wild fire.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:49 PM   #8
TriciaV

My whole point to that last long message was I am a little jaded with the whole take a Dr at his word thing...or he KNOWS whats best...I feel like if I weren't persistant in the first place I wouldn't be here today!!!!
Old 09-02-2011, 11:04 PM   #9
BonnieR

After the experiene you describe I think you would not be comfortable until a complete evaluation was done, with explainations of what is causing the pain. Nor should you settle for less. They can't just tell you what it isn't. They need to tell you what it IS. You deserve that.
I think alot of here have had sketchy experiences with our cancer journey and it has made us all the more proactive.
Meanwhile, keep the faith. And keep the pressure on!

Post menopause
Sentinel Node Neg
Aromasin started 5/10
Old 09-03-2011, 02:52 AM   #10
Jackie07

Tricia,

Yours is such a familiar story. My life-long brain tumor was not diagnosed until I was 30. And even with the huge headaches I was experiencing, the diagnosis was still delayed for more than 8 months. I switched my family doctor and then 'forced' the new one to give me referrals. Still, I had to tell him what doctors I needed to see. (A library volunteer who's a retired pathologist was the one pushing me to get things checked out. She not only saved my sanity, she saved my life.)

Even after two brain surgeries and two breast cancer surgeries and chemotherpies, my family doctor still wants to send me to psychiatrist whenever I makes complaints. But my oncologist who's known me for 8 years reacts differently. He knows how tough I am.

Doctors are trained to maintain a good patient-doctor relationship. Whenever there's glitches, they will 'dump' the patient (or encourage the patient to dump them)because it hinders effective communication and can do harm to both parties.

It's a shame that we can not completely trust all the doctors. I guess that's why we have support groups where we can share information and equip us with better knowlege and support.

Sending you good vibes.

NICU 4.4 LB
Erythema Nodosum 85
Life-long Central Neurocytoma 4x5x6.5 cm 23 hrs 62090 semi-coma 10 d PT OT ST 30 d
3 Infertility tmts 99 > 3 u. fibroids > Pills
CN 3 GKRS 52301
IDC 1.2 cm Her2 +++ ER 5% R. Lmptmy SLNB+1 71703 6 FEC 33 R Tamoxifen
Recc IIB 2.5 cm Bi-L Mast 61407 2/9 nds PET
6 TCH Cellulitis - Lymphedema - compression sleeve & glove
H w x 4 MUGA 51 D, J 49 M
Diastasis recti
Tamoxifen B. scan
Irrtbl bowel 1'09
Colonoscopy 313
BRCA1 V1247I
hptc hemangioma
Vertigo
GI - > yogurt
hysterectomy/oophorectomy 011410
Exemestane 25 mg tab 102912 ~ 101016 stopped due to r. hip/l.thigh pain after long walk
DEXA 1/13
1-2016 lesions in liver largest 9mm & 1.3 cm onco. says not cancer.
3-11 Appendectomy - visually O.K., a lot of puss. Final path result - not cancer.
Start Vitamin D3 and Calcium supplement (600mg x2)
10-10 Stopped Exemestane due to r. hip/l.thigh pain OKed by Onco 11-08-2016
7-23-2018 9 mm groundglass nodule within the right lower lobe with indolent behavior. Due to possible adenocarcinoma, Recommend annual surveilence.
7-10-2019 CT to check lung nodule.
1-10-2020 8mm stable nodule on R Lung, two 6mm new ones on L Lung, a possible lymph node involvement in inter fissule.
"I WANT TO BE AN OUTRAGEOUS OLD WOMAN WHO NEVER GETS CALLED AN OLD LADY. I WANT TO GET SHARP EDGED & EARTH COLORED, TILL I FADE AWAY FROM PURE JOY." Irene from Tampa

Advocacy is a passion .. not a pastime - Joe
Jackie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 05:10 AM   #11
sarah

What about having another radiologist from a different hospital look over the tests and let him tell you what he thinks it is/was.
also i think shoulder pain can indicate a lung problem sometimes.
if you're not happy or confident, check things out until you are.
health and happiness
sarah
Old 09-03-2011, 06:58 AM   #12
pibikay

Please ask you Onc for a PET scan.That will clear the air.All the best
Left breast cauliflower 25x20cm
ossousmetstatis in vertbrae secondaries L4=L5secondary
nodules in both liver lobes secondary
Diagnosed 10th March 2010
ER/PR-ve
Her 2 neu +++
Taxotrne Zylotec started 16th March
Herceptin added 5th April.9th Herceptin over on 20th Sep '10.Started on Tykerb and Xeloda on 22nd Oct2010TYKERB 4 TAB A DAY XELODA 4 TAB A DAY ONE WEEK ON ONE WEEK OFFZoletrust infusion every 4 months.Lesion in Brain 3D CRT Radiation started on 1st Feb'12 for 20 days ,5 days a week for 4 weeks.Devloped a small lump in breast.Xeloda stopped from 11th April '12.On Taxol.After 3 cycles of Taxol Taxol stopped.Back to Xeloda regime from 3rd July
Herceptin started again on 27th Dec 2012.Xeloda stopped Navelbin added on 7th February 2013.Now on Tykerb Herceptin and Navelbin
pibikay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 01:43 PM   #13
tricia keegan

I agree and would request a pet/ct, I had a troublesome bone scan last year and followed up with an mri and pet/ct and thankfully it was nothing sinister but worth it for peace of mind.
Rads x 36 ..oophorectomy August '06
Currently taking Arimidex..
June 2011 osteopenia/ zometa x1 yearly- stopped Zometa 2015 as Dexa show normal bone density.
Stopped Arimidex July 2014- Restarted Arimidex 2015 for a further two years on the advice of my Onc.
2014 Normal Dexa scan
2018 Mammo all clear, still NED!
tricia keegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 07:38 AM   #14
Lori R

Tricia,
Your description of how you had to be your own advocate reminded me that we can NEVER stop being our best advocate.

I encourage you to demand the PET scan. (not a Dr. so any other testing technique)

Take EVERY step possible to rule out (or detect) a cancer met.

Why would you not? Save time? I would bet that you would agree that a couple hours is a nominal investment. Hassle for Drs? Oh my....that's their job. Concern of overreacting? Ah yea....it's my life we are talking about here.

Go for it!!! Push to the point that you know in your heart you explored every test possible.

I was encouraged by a sister on this board to do so and I an convinced we found my liver met much sooner than if I had been passive.

I hope it is treatment related aches and pains but you have already proven you are one tough fighter and will manage regardless of outcome.

Please keep us posted....Lori
Node + 2/14 - Single Liver Met
Double Mastectomy
Nov - Begin T+H
Feb-Complete 6 cycles- T&H- NED
March - Continue - Herceptin Only
April - Rads for 6 weeks
Continue Herceptin - Continue NED
April - Recurrance- 3 cm. Liver Met
May - Cryosurgery
June - November - Abraxane + Herceptin
Aug - PET/CT - CTC = 0 Back to NED
January - Continue NED
July - Recurrance - 3 cm Liver Met CTC=1
August - Cryosurgery #2
August - November Navelbine
November - Back to NED - End Navelbine
Feb - Recur - 4 cm Liver Met - Same Left Lobe
March Surgery it is -Couldn't get a clean margin
July - Confirmed continued liver involvement
August - Begin Herceptin + Tykerb
October - Mixed results from H+T
Add Abraxane + H + T - Nov - April
January PET Scan - It's working!!
April - Back to NED
July - Recurrance
August - Begin TDM-1 Trial (Taxol + TDM-1)
Lori R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:33 AM   #15
Ellie F

Can I agree with all that's been said by my wise sisters.
I was also a misdiagnosis for 18 months by which time I was stage 3c.My own doctor told me I was neurotic and as my 4.5 cm bc didn't show at all on mammograms this confirmed his resolve that I was imagining it!!
Ellie
Ellie F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 04:15 PM   #16
BonnieR

Ellie, I hope you got a different doctor! How dare he call a patient neurotic.
I have a fairly young gyn. He is the one whom I told I wanted to have a second opinion when my mammo came back as a "check again in 6 months". I told him it made me uneasy. He said "I may be young but I have learned to trust my patient's instincts". He sent me off to a breast specialist and she found the cancer. God bless him for listening.

Post menopause
Sentinel Node Neg
Aromasin started 5/10
Old 09-05-2011, 11:13 AM   #17
Mtngrl

Oh, my. What a story.

Just to weigh in on the other side, I noticed some fairly subtle changes in my breast last February. I saw a primary care provider in March and told her I was concerned. Neither she nor I could feel a lump, but she ordered a diagnostic mammogram. When that showed a mass and a lymph node that was "a little too fat" on the left side and calcifications on the right I was scheduled for biopsies three days later. Then when the CT scan showed suspicious (but small) lesions on my liver and lungs the liver was biopsied and cancer cells were found. All along the way, my health care people were very careful to get an accurate diagnosis. Of course I'm the "right" age for breast cancer, so that makes a difference. I'm not grateful to have breast cancer, but I am thankful that so much care and skill went into the staging process.
4/29/11 CT scan shows suspicious lesions on liver and lungs
5/17/11 liver biopsy
5/24/11 liver met confirmed--Stage IV at diagnosis
5/27/11 Begin weekly Taxol & Herceptin for 3 months (standard of care at the time of my DX)
7/18/11 Switch to weekly Abraxane & Herceptin due to Taxol allergy
8/29/11 CT scan shows no new lesions & old lesions shrinking
9/27/11 Finish Abraxane. Start Herceptin every 3 weeks. Begin taking Arimidex
10/17/11--Brain MRI--No Brain mets
12/5/11 PET scan--Almost NED
5/15/12 PET scan shows progression-breast/chest/spine (one vertebra)
5/22/12 Stop taking Arimidex; stay on Herceptin
6/11/12 Started Tykerb and Herceptin on clinical trial (w/no chemo)
9/24/12 CT scan--No new mets. Everything stable.
3/11/13 CT Scan--two small new possible mets and odd looking area in left lung getting larger.
4/2/13--Biopsy of suspicious area in lower left lung. Mets to lung confirmed.
4/30/13 Begin Kadcyla/TDM-1
8/16/13 PET scan "mixed," with some areas of increased uptake, but also some definite improvement, so I'll stay on TDM-1/Kadcyla.
11/11/13 Finally get hormone receptor results from lung biopsy of 4/2/13. My cancer is no longer ER positive.
11/13/13 PET scan mixed results again. We're calling it "stable." Problems breathing on exertion.
2/18/14 PET scan shows a new lesion and newly active lymph node in chest, other progression. Bye bye TDM-1.
2/28/14 Begin Herceptin/Perjeta every 3 weeks.
6/8/14 PET "mixed," with no new lesions, and everything but lower lungs improving. My breathing is better.
8/18/14 PET "mixed" again. Upper lungs & one spine met stable, lower lungs less FDG avid, original tumor more avid, one lymph node in mediastinum more avid.
9/1/14 Begin taking Xeloda one week on, one week off. Will also stay on Herceptin and Perjeta every three weeks.
12/11/14 PET Scan--no new lesions, and everything looks better than it did.
3/20/15 PET Scan--no new lesions, but lower lung lesions larger and a bit more avid.
4/13/15 Increasing Xeloda dose to 10 days on, one week off.
7/1/15 Scan "mixed" again, but suggests continuing progression. Stop Xeloda. Substitute Abraxane every 3 weeks starting 7/13.
10/28/15 PET scan shows dramatic improvement everywhere. All lesions except lower lungs have resolved; lower lungs noticeably improved.
12/18/15 Last Abraxane. Continue on Herceptin and Perjeta alone beginning 1/8/16.
1/27/16 PET scan shows cancer is stable.
5/11/16 PET scan shows uptake in some areas that were resolved on the last two scans.
6/3/16 Begin Kadcyla and Tykerb combination
6/5 - 6/23 Horrible diarrhea from K&T together. Got pneumonia.
7/15/16 Begin Kadcyla only every 3 weeks.
9/6/16 Begin radiation therapy on right lung lesion that caused the pneumonia.
10/3/16 Last of 12 radiation treatments to right lung.
11/4/16 Huffing and puffing, low O2, high heart rate, on tiniest bit of exertion. Diagnosed as radiation pneumonitis. Treated with Prednisone.
11/11/16 PET scan shows significant improvement to radiated part of right lung BUT a bunch of new lung lesions, and the bone met is getting worse.
11/22/16 Begin Eribulin and Herceptin. H every 3 weeks. E two weeks on, one week off.
3/6/17 Scan shows progression in lungs. Bone met a little better.
3/23/17 Lung biopsy. Tumor sampled is ER-, PR+ (5%), HER2+++. Getting Herceptin and Perjeta as a maintenance treatment.
5/31/17 Port placement
6/1/17 Start Navelbine & Tykerb
Mtngrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 01:23 PM   #18
caroline96

Hi Tricia,
This is the first time I post something here though I've been lurking here for months. Your story is very similar with mine in regards to normal bone scan. I hope my story will give you some directions for your next move.

My annual chest X-ray came back fuzzy in the left lung last year. So was my follow-up chest CT. Then, I had PET scan done in November 2010 and it showed a mass, multiple nodules in my left lung, and suspicious area in my sacrum. I took the bone scan and it came back normal (no bone involvements)! Then I took the biopsy of the mass in the lung and it confirmed my stage 4 status with mets to the lung (and bone?). The lung met was confirmed but the bone met landed on the gray area. Surprisingly, my onc was sure enough to rule out the bone met due to the normal bone scan. I was given only Xeloda. He also turned down my request to retest my HER2 status. I never looked back and moved on to MD Anderson.

My new oncologist retested my HER2 and redid all the diagnostic tests. The PET/CT (full body scan of combined PET and CT) showed a mass in the left lung, a dozen nodules, bone mets in sternum, rib, L1, and sacrum !!!!!!!!). HER2 retesting also confirmed that the tumor now is HER2+. My course of treatments has since changed dramatically with the addition of Herceptin and Zometa. My scan last June showed that the bones are clear! (although the tumor in the lung increased in size).

I can't help sharing what I have experienced with you in the hope that my story might help you reach a decision.

Love and blessings,
Caroline
Treatments: Lumpectomy, 4 cycles of Adriamycin and Cytoxan, followed by 33x radiation. Tamoxifen for 5 years. 7 years NED.

Recurrence: diagnosed on 12/2/2010 as stage 4 BC. No breast involvement.
Mets: lung (one tumor and 12 intrapulmonary nodes), bones.
Tumor biology: ER+, PR ?, HER2 + through FISH ratio.
Treatments:
12/2010: Xeloda.

12/2010: Changed Dr (he refused to retest for HER2)
01/2011: Added Zometa, crashed @ ER due to severe reactions to Zometa but continue on Zometa. Informed of HER2+ status when in hospital.
02/2011: Added Herceptin.
06/2011: Bones clear! But progression in lung....Changed tx to Taxol. Now on Taxol, Herceptin, Zometa combo.
02/2012: Stopped Taxol due to lymphedema.
06/2012: Oopherectomy, started Femara.
02/2013: NED.

caroline96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 02:51 PM   #19
ElaineM

Wink Re: What would you do?

Being assertive is a good thing. Second opinions are good. If you can't get a medical professional to agree to a Pet/Ct you can ask for an MRI of the area. Keep bringing up the subject until you get reliable and complete answers and help in resolving the pain.
http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48247
Lucky 13 !! I hope so !!!!!!
http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52807
14 Year Survivor
http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=57053
"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have." author unknown
Shared by a multiple myeloma survivor.
ElaineM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 01:45 PM   #20
TriciaV

Hello Ladies, Just wanted to say thank you ALL as I have been checking back all weekend reading and Rereading your replies as to what I should do and along with those I also found lots of info on Pet/ct vs bone scans and the accuracy. Anyway my Onc called me today with the results of the bone scan and this is what he told me.... He said the bone scan "appears" to be normal but those two sets of x-rays taken two months apart definitely show a spot on your rib, but I think it maybe some kind of trauma..... (grrrr) let's just watch the spot closely.....(another grrrrr) I said you know Dr. I just want a Pet scan!! I expected him to argue it out because that is what he does.... he said okay, I just don't want to go chasing it ( WHAT???) isn't that his job????? I think he some how believes if I don't have this palpable mass then let's not mess with it. Anyway I got my way for now, and my Pet scan is being scheduled and I will surely keep you all posted. Again I thank you all :-) if not for these boards I would have been lost this last few days. Hugs <3