HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-11-2004, 12:29 AM   #1
Sheila

I had my first treatment with Herceptin 10/29 for mets to the lymph nodes. Originally diagnosed in 2002 with no pos.nodes and 0.7cm tumor. Mastectomy but no other treatment. Then in Sept, while going through reconstruction, I noticed an enlarged lymph node in my neck...biopsy revealed mets from BC. All scans and tests were neg, so Herceptin every 3 weeks for 5-7 years. So far no problems except for being tired and somewhat achey after the treatment. It shrunk the lymph nodes after 1 treatment...I am a positive thinker..Good luck with yours, you'll do fine.
Old 01-11-2004, 03:51 AM   #2
Lolly

Hi Sheila,
Hope you don't mind me jumping in here, but you're dx was so similar to mine, except that I had more advanced disease, positive nodes etc. so did have treatment after mast. Recurred 6 months later to lymphs and skin and now on Herceptin every 3 weeks indefinitely. Have been NED since August 2001. The first 6 months had Navelbine/Herceptin combo weekly, then Herceptin weekly, then every 3 weeks starting in April 2002.
I am so interested to learn that you've had such a good response with mono therapy, it's very encouraging! My onc and I have discussed suspending Herceptin someday if I continue to do well and data supports it, but I'm not in any hurry! I have experienced fewer side effects as time goes by, less tiredness etc., so hopefully that will be the case for you also. Glad to share any experiences with you, feel free to ask!
Hugs,
Lolly