HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-17-2006, 06:51 PM   #1
Carol.hope

Taxol vs Herceptin side effects?

Hi. I'm Carol. I joined the BC club in June and have appreciated the opportunity to learn from this site. I finished 3 months of A/C in November, and one week ago I got the last of 12 weekly Taxol + Herceptin. Now I'll have Herceptin every three weeks through November.

Here's my question - when do I start getting my energy back?! And my nose, and my fingers and my taste? I THINK these are taxol-related and not from Herceptin. I would like to hear from those of you who had the weekly T+ H and then Herceptin only. Right now, I feel so exhausted. Thanks for sharing your stories with me. It's good to know we're all here, in this together, at whatever level. - Carol
Carol.hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 07:20 PM   #2
Sherryg683

Well from what a lot of us are saying your nose problem may remain because of the Herceptin. Seems sinus infections are a side effect that we seem to be having..sherryg683
Sherryg683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 03:54 PM   #3
snoopy

Side effects

My fingers/toes are recovering from the taxol (finished this in June 05) - not back to normal but much better than they were. Have read it can take upto 2 years return to normal (and normality isn't always restored). If they get no better from how they are now it will not cause me too many problems (as well as still being numb on the tips, they are very sensitive to changes in temperature so I have to be careful taking things out ot the oven/freezer etc).

Energy levels have come back - now I do what I want most of the time. Taste also is no longer a problem (that came back rapidly).

I don't have any problems with Herceptin (year almost complete).

Good luck
snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 04:24 PM   #4
sherri

Hi Carol,
The taste is back in no time, your energy level in few weeks and you feel normal very soon except the runny nose; you get used to it. Try to start doing some walking and exercise that will help you to become better faster.
sherri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 11:12 AM   #5
Carol.hope

Smile

Thank you, Sherri, Snoopy and Sherry. I know we don't all respond the same, but it's useful to hear how others responded. I especially like hearing that for some people, the energy level and taste come back soon! I exercise every day and take a horde of supplements and acupuncture, etc, so I'm hoping to be one of the quicker-to-recover ones.

My fingers are not numb. They feel like I hit each one really hard with a hammer - they're really sore! It's amazing how many things you use your fingers for, without being grateful for them, until something like this happens. I felt the same way about eyelashes. Who knew what a role they play in keeping stuff out of your eyes and shading them from the bright sun (which there's plenty of here in Colorado! I am staying with my sister for a while, living normally in the rainy but beautiful northwest).

Glad you're there! - Carol
Carol.hope is offline   Reply With Quote