HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-27-2006, 05:02 PM   #1
Liz J.

Question Echo results

Has anyone ever heard of an echo result being 77% for the LVEF? Have been on Herceptin for 6-7 months and this was my latest result. My last one was 66% and that was 3 months ago. My onc. said he doesn't believe the number. I thought it didn't go past 70%, so I don't believe the number either. Don't get me wrong, I would be very happy with this, but I know I am not becoming the bionic woman. Has anyone else had a reading like this? My curiousity is getting the better of me.

Sincerely,

Liz J.

Last edited by Liz J.; 08-27-2006 at 05:03 PM.. Reason: typos
Liz J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 07:18 PM   #2
Becky

Since a cardiologist has to read an Echo, the test must be able to go up that high, otherwise your score would just be >than 70%. Regardless, it is at least the 66% its always been. So, good show. Your heart is working with you on this one.

Becky
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 07:18 PM   #3
Bev

Hi, I had a 70 at the last one. I remember someone, athletic, posting that they had a higher than 70 a few months ago. Congrats on getting good news. Even if the score is off, I'm sure not by much. BB
Bev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 07:34 PM   #4
karenann

I thought it went up to 80... not sure though.

Karen
karenann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 11:08 PM   #5
jhandley

Smile Muga

Hi
I had a gated blood pool scan last week and my LVEF was 63%; the same as it was 10 months ago before I started herceptin. While i was waiting around i asked the tech about the range of values; she said the highest values are usually in the 80's and are invariably were people of asian descent.
jackie
jhandley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 07:12 AM   #6
Annlyn

Congrats.
The tech told me they seldom get anyone above 70.
Are you exercising? Mine went down to 54 when I was on chemo in 1999 and has stayed there for the 4 1/2 years I've been on Herceptin. When I went for an echo last week the tech did it twice not believing the first reading of 66. It was the same the second time around - a big jump in 6 months which couldn't be explained by a 10% error margin. I will be really interested to get the next results in 6 months to see if I have maintained the upper level. I did increase my exercise program about 9 months ago and I am wondering whether this is having an effect.
Annlyn
Annlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 08:57 AM   #7
Lolly

I read somewhere that most people are in the mid 60% range, although athletic people are higher (Lance Armstrong is at 85%, but then he IS bionic!). Your reading may be accurate, and at any rate it's good even if it's less. Keep up the good work!

<3 Lolly
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 06:39 PM   #8
sadie

My Muga prior to chemo came back at 71%.
My 2nd Muga came back at 55%, so they did an echo to compare.
The echo came back at 58%. They told me that the average is 75% for someone in perfect health. My next echo came back at 60-65% range.
Seems that the Adriamyacin did more damage than the Herceptin is doing.
Sentinel node neg
Her2+++
ER+ / PR weakly+
sadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 06:47 PM   #9
Montana

My MUGA prior to dose dense A/C was 55. Do you think it would be prudent to get another test? I finished chemo in March 05.
Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 07:46 PM   #10
sadie

Your dr should order another test after your A/C regimen to compare it to your original score.
The reason I had an echo done after my Muga score of 55% was because of the big drop from 71% on my original score. The tech wrote in the report that the drop could possibly be from a technical malfunction.
Well, it turned out that the Muga was pretty accurate, because the echo score was 58%. My onc tests me every 3 months.
BUT......My onc did tell me that if my score went below 55%, she would not continue with Herceptin because Herceptin could bring the score down even lower.
I have seen other women post saying that their dr told them that if their score went below 50% they would take a break from Herceptin.
By the way, anything above 50% is considered normal.
Sentinel node neg
Her2+++
ER+ / PR weakly+
sadie is offline   Reply With Quote