HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-06-2006, 07:37 PM   #1
lu ann

Talking Good News

Doc called early this evening with good news. My scans are improved. There isn't NED yet but I'll take stable. I will be seeing her Friday to discuss further treatment. What is even better is I had minimal anxiety waiting for the results. My nurse told me to call her the day after my scan, which I was to busy too call. I was out to lunch and shopping with my daughter for her 15th birthday. I could have called Friday, but was too busy. I figured they would surely call me if it was serious. I finally called my nurses' voice mail today and asked her to call me, or my husband if I could not be reached. I don't have a cell phone and I don't like to be tied down waiting for a call. My point of all this is....I'm not trying to blow my own horn about not being scared of finding out bad results. It has taken me many months to get to where I am emotionally about this dreaded disease. I used to get so worked up about test results that I felt I was jumping out of my skin. It's a place I don't want to be. I just want to let the newbies know that they don't have to feel this terror forever. Thanks for all of your support. And God Bless Everone. Lu Ann.
lu ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 08:20 PM   #2
Yorkiegirl

Lu Ann, glad to hear scans have improved, and that you are still stable.

I hope one day to get to the point of not being stressed about waiting on results. March will be my 1 year anniversary of being DX'd.

Vicki
Yorkiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 08:29 PM   #3
Unregistered

That is wonderful new! Enjoy! hugs, Sandy
Old 02-06-2006, 09:05 PM   #4
julierene

I was restaged at 4 in December, and I do feel like I am waiting on pins and needles about whether or not this combo is working. My back hurts, oh it must be growing, my rib hurts, oh it must be a new tumor, what if I have wasted 3 months on a combo that's not working?, what if Herceptin doesn't work for me?, why won't he do the tumor marker tests?, etc etc etc. I can't imagine getting to the point of not being worried about the results. I just keep assuming it's because I have 3 small children and I'm only 30 years old. Maybe not, I can't imagine when that day will be for me. But if it comes, I will make sure I tell you all too ))
julierene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 09:06 PM   #5
Lolly

Reall good news Lu Ann! Especially the part about not being stressed waiting for the report, that is a HUGE milestone.

<3 Lolly
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 10:18 AM   #6
RhondaH

Thumbs up Awesome News!!!

LuAnn,

You go ahead and TOOT away and 1 yr after dx, I TOO am finally getting to "that place". Take care and God bless.

Rhonda
RhondaH is offline   Reply With Quote