HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-22-2006, 01:40 PM   #1
Becky

Brain MRI Results Clear

My brain MRI results were clear. This was my first one ever so when you insist on a test and are symptom free, you sometimes find incidental results that need to be defined. The report said there was small vessel atherosclerosis so naturally I was concerned. Especially when my onc said to take it up with my primary care physician to make sure my cholesterol, sugar and blood pressure stay in a normal range (all are extra good and like all of you, I maintain a great diet that is good for any disease). So, I asked my onc to investigate if the amount of atherosclerosis was normal or abnormal for a woman in my age group. Thankfully, he called the radiologist who read the reports and this was an absolutely normal reading with a normal finding for someone in my age group. The email to me said that this radiologist has no concerns at all with this finding and there is no build up in the large vessels whatsoever. So… I just wanted you all to know because as we all push for tests (like brain MRIs) most of us will find that we have other things going on and you (like me) may have to further investigate to see if you are in a normal or abnormal range for other “incidental” findings.

Warm regards

Becky
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 02:24 PM   #2
Unregistered

Good news, and I would guess a relief.

Please forgive me if you have already thought about your omega three and six intake as part of your dietary considerations.

It is often suggested it is essential to balance your omega threes and sixes, and from all I am reading as well as potentially playing a role in BC it impacts heavily in atherosclerosis, and brain health.

RB
Old 02-22-2006, 02:32 PM   #3
Becky

Agreed RB and I do. I believe the 3/6 ratio is key to reducing inflammation and the Cox 2 pathway. I am sure this change will help with my bc as well as athero/cardio/brain potential events (not!!)

Becky
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote