HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-24-2004, 01:27 AM   #1
jojo

Hello there,

I've had a constantly dull ache in my abdomen. Clinic ruled this as heartburn. Took aciphex and it seemed to be gone. Every now & then I feel the slight dull ache, mostly at night around bedtime. Sometimes I get bloated. Haven't taken aciphex for a few weeks, since I ran out of them and my insurance no longer covers this.

Anyone experience similar symptoms???

Thanks. Hugs :-)
Old 02-24-2004, 04:35 AM   #2
Lisa

Only from Navelbine.

Love and light,

Lisa
Old 02-24-2004, 07:38 AM   #3
Lolly

Jojo,
You didn't say what side your pain is on; I have an intermittent pain just under my right ribcage which is thought to be my gallbladder, possibly inflamed, many scans and ultrasounds later. I also have heartburn, they call it acid reflux, and was on Aciphex, but am now trying Pepcid AC, which is OTC. It isn't as effective as Aciphex so am thinking of trying Prilosec which is also OTC, after I check with my doctor. I found that even on Aciphex I still had some pain unless I watched the fats and oils.
Hugs,
Lolly
Old 02-24-2004, 11:38 AM   #4
Lyn

Hi Lolly, I out grew all the heart burn remidies so I take Losec, 1 tablet daily and no problem what so ever. After my first round of chemo I was in agony and when I told my onc she just gave me a script for Zantac, she said it was a common side effect, so I asked her why she didn't write out a script, and she just said, I can't remember everything, I bet if it were her stomach she would remember, don't see her any more she moved onto greener pastures, but I started eating them like lollies so my GP gave me another drug, Losec and it is the best for me.

Big hugs Lyn
Old 02-24-2004, 01:34 PM   #5
Cathy

in answer to your heartburn question, I have it fairly often along with occasionally severe acid reflux and am taking Prevacid as needed. So far it has helped so you might ask your onc about it. Good luck!