HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-07-2009, 11:19 PM   #1
charlotte

twiching in the legs?

Hello all: Sorry I haven't posted in weeks... I have been having chest pains.. My Onc Dr. sent me to a cardioligist, and he did a cardiac catherization.. I have 2 blockages in my arteries of my heart.. One is in a "bad"(Dr's words) place and the other one not so bad.. He informed me that he did not recommend any more aggressive approach.. He says that both blockages are 70-80%.. I will go back to see him in a few weeks.. He says "he is going " to treat the blockages medically, instead of surgery. He showed me the blockages on a screen..I have a lot of questions to ask him when I see him again.

On another note, I have been having twisting? jerking? spasms in my legs.. I want to blame this of course on the tykerb.. I thought maybe its restless leg syndrome?NO matter how hard I press m y legs to the mattress, the twich or jerk of my legs continues. very annoying.. It will start on one side and travel to the next side..
I haven't posted in a while, but I hope to be able to post more often.. It seems like I have a lot of things , which depresses me and I hesitate to post..

I have finished my radiation treatments !!! My Onc. said he was going to start me on xeloda soon.. any thoughts or comments from the great people here would be appreciated..

thanks for listening to me.. I appreciate the comments so much...
charlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 11:35 PM   #2
BonnieR

Hi Charolette. Sorry to hear the new issues you have to deal with. But on the other hand, you have finished radiation and that is a milestone! Keep the faith

Post menopause
May 2007 Core biopsy, Rt breast
ER+, Pr-, HER2 +++, Grade 3
Ki-67: 90%
"suspicious area" left breast
Bilateral mastectomy, (NED on left) May 2007
Sentinel Node Neg
Stage 1, DCIS with microinvasion, 3 mm, mostly removed during the biopsy....
Femara (discontinued 7/07) Resumed 10/07
OncoType score 36 (July 07)
Began THC 7/26/07 (d/c taxol and carboplatin 10/07)
Began Herceptin alone 10/07
Finished Herceptin July /08
D/C Femara 4/10 (joint pain/trigger thumb!)
5/10 mistakenly dx with lung cancer. Middle rt lobe removed!
Aromasin started 5/10
BonnieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 08:05 AM   #3
Gerri

Hi Charlotte,

I am so sorry to hear about your heart problems. I hope your cardiologist will be successful in treating you.

I also had twitching/jerking in my legs. It started when I was on Herceptin. My legs would jerk or spasm constantly. For me it was all day long, not just at night. At the time I thought it was a side effect of Herceptin. My onc could not figure it out. I had pretty extensive peripheral neuropathy from Taxol so I have since come to believe (my own theory) that it is residual nerve damage. I still have slight tingling in my toes and my legs still twitch (very slightly), especially when they are tired. If yours only occurs when you are in bed it just may be Restless Leg Sydrome. My symptoms didn't quite match those of RLS (I didn't have the creepy-crawly feelings) so I was able to rule that out.

I'm sorry you have so much to deal with right now. Please don't hesitate to post because you are feeling down - that is exactly when you should be reaching out to everyone here for support.

Take good care and keep us posted.
ER+ (30%) /PR+ (50%), HER2+++
AC X 4 dose dense, Taxol X 4 dose dense
Herceptin started with 2nd Taxol, given weekly until chemo done
then given every 3 weeks for one year ending on March 16, 2007
Radiation 30 treatments
Tamoxifen - 2 yrs (pre-menopausal)
May 2008 - Feb 2012 Femara
Aug 2008 - Feb 2012 Zometa every 6 months
March 2012 - Stop Femara, now Evista for bone strengthening
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look
back and realize they were the big things.
- Robert Brault

Last edited by Gerri; 02-08-2009 at 06:25 PM.. Reason: spelling
Gerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 04:45 PM   #4
Unregistered

I had twitching during the last 3-4 months of my herceptin treatment and for a few months following completion (finished March 2008). I had switched to a mostly vegetarian diet and doctors said to take a B vitamin which I did but didn't help; I noticed if I ate a lot of potatoes, the twitching seemed to be better for a day (potassium?) but came back quickly. It has over time gone away (don't have any more) and haven't changed diet, so I think it had something to do with herceptin, but exactly what, who knows. I had some neuropathy during taxol but it also eventually cleared up.
Old 02-13-2009, 05:12 PM   #5
juanita

wow, i wish mine would go away. it's been almost 4 years since i finished herceptin and mine still twitch like crazy. never had this problem before i did treatments.
1 yr herceptin,
juanita is offline   Reply With Quote