HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2009, 06:16 AM   #1
KymAustralia

Anyone else remember Mary from Tierrasanta in San Diego?

Hi Joe, Christine and everyone,

Happy New Year and may 2009 bring peace harmony and most importantly good health to all my sisters in the Her2 family!!

I was having a little look at the deceased members list and sending out a prayer and yes, shedding a little tear thinking of the wonderful warm hearted women we have lost over the years. So many truely inspirational ladies, who are terribly missed by many of us who have spent time here. I noticed Mary from Tierrasanta in San Diego wasn't listed and wondered if someone might add her to the list.

For those of you who didnt know Mary, she was a truely inspirational woman who took in and housed many many abandoned and stray dogs whom she lavished with much needed love and attention. She truely loved her canine "family" and they clearly adored her also.

I remember when she passed, about 4 or 5 years back, there was an article about her wonderful work with the dogs in the local newspaper for her area which someone posted for us all to see.

She was incredibly optomistic, bright, bubbly and always reached out to those newly diagnosed and offered words of support and her warm gentle sense of humor.

I have somewhere on a disk some pictures she sent me of her and her many well kept and happy looking dogs........ Mary was one of the many heroes I grew to know, admire and love during my time of need when I came here looking for support.

Who could ever forget women like her and dearest Lolly and characters like my fellow country woman Lyn and the many, many others who inspired us all with their warmth and courage in the face of such adversity.

I am glad to see so many others still going strong!!

Mary Ann if you see this I posted about the BCIRG 006 trial as I was one of the participants.

Love and Light to all

Kym
xxx
Her2 +++ Er pos
1 x Pos Node of 14
Entered BCIRG 006 Trial Jan '03
4 x AC 4 x Taxotere 30 Rads
1 year Herceptin
5 years Arimadex
Total hysterectomy (came out of chemopause) March '04
2012 - Still NED
KymAustralia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 05:09 PM   #2
Joe
Webmaster

Kym,

Mary passed shortly before we switched to a new message board system. Unfortunately we were not able to transfer the member list and everyone had to reregister.

Christine spoke at Mary's Memorial which was held in the park where she walked her dogs. I was a very rainy and gloomy day, which was unusual for San Diego but appropriate for the occasion.

I have added Mary's name to our member list.

Kym, Are you not a graphic artist?

Regards
Joe

Illegitimi non carborundum

My Album
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 06:27 PM   #3
KymAustralia

Hi Joe,
thank you so much. As you know she was a wonderful lady and it will be really nice to have her listed there with the other angels.

Joe I am qualified in multimedia which includes graphics but not quite the same as a graphic artist. These days I teach software but I still love to create things in my graphics programs so if there is anything at all I can do please let me know!!

Hugs

Kym
Her2 +++ Er pos
1 x Pos Node of 14
1 year Herceptin
5 years Arimadex
2012 - Still NED
KymAustralia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 07:06 PM   #4
Audrey

Kym, I remember Mary--she was the first person to reach out to me after I posted here 7 years ago, full of fear and apprehension over my her2+ status and "poor prognosis"--she was so wonderful and I do remember her love of dogs, which I share completely. I also remember when she was in hospice care and was allowed to have her precious dogs on the bed with her and I thought, that's what I want, too--they add such comfort with their presence and unconditional love. I'm glad her name is added to our list of angels

diagnosed July 2001, at age 36
large tumor, 11+ nodes
Stage IIIb, er/pr-, Her2+
treated with A/C, weekly Taxol
radiation, + year of Herceptin
on clinical trial. double mastectomy
followed by reconstruction
NED!!
Audrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 01:18 AM   #5
KymAustralia

Hi Audrey!! Wasn't that typical of Mary!! She emailed me too with words of advice and comfort when I first posted at the site.
She was quite something!!

So glad to see you are doing so well!!

Hugs

Kym
Her2 +++ Er pos
1 x Pos Node of 14
1 year Herceptin
5 years Arimadex
2012 - Still NED