HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-21-2012, 05:20 PM   #1
Renee L

HELP! Cannot tolerate Hormonal Therapy...ADVICE appreciated!

I need some advice. I am 49, diagnosed with Her2+, ER+ PR+ Stage 2B (found in nodes, PET scan clear) March 2010. So relieved to say I made it through 3 surgeries, 6 months of chemo, 10 weeks of radiation, and a year of Herceptin. BUT I am very scared because but I cannot tolerate ANY of the AIs. Arimidex, Femara made me incredibly sick, I cant even tolerate Tamoxifen, had to stop after 3 months. While on AI's I developed Osteoporosis and lost so much weight I couldn't function, sleep or eat. Tried meds to treat side effects, then meds to treat THOSE side effects. Quality of life became more important than quantity and my Onc took me off all hormonal therapy and I am trying to prevent recurrence with lifestyle changes and holistic treatments. I had a total hysterectomy with ovaries removed at age 45. My Onc knows traditional medicine but unfortunately lacking alternative medicine knowledge and unable to give me direction. ANY advice on diet, supplements, antioxidants, etc. would be greatly appreciated! Anyone HER2+, ER+, PR+ not doing hormonal therapy please share. Greatly appreciated!!!
Renee L is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alternative, holistic, hormonal therapy, recurrence prevention