HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-07-2005, 10:57 AM   #1
*_anne_*

Hi everyone,
I have good news. My mom's onc called and told her it is probably not a recurrence. But he wants to have an MRI. I have mixed feelings. Do you trust the docs words or request a biopsy to confirm. We are going to meet with him tomm. I was considering asking him to put her on Zometa anyway to prevent any reccurences but I read that there is a slight increase in the risk of progression if you have a ER/PR - cancer if biophosphonates are given in the adjuvant setting. That sounds scary. Thanks, Anne
Old 03-07-2005, 01:11 PM   #2
Lisa

Anne,
The question is do YOU trust the onc? If so, discuss your concerns. Then trust him to make the right decision. The MRI should tell him what he needs. If she does have bone mets, Zometa might well be the way to go. But it won't prevent them. If we knew what prevented mets, we would all be rushing to our local pharmacy.

My best advice to you is to get educated the best you can, trust your doc (or if not get another one) and relax a bit. Your anxiety will certainly affect your Mom if she sees/feels it.

Speaking of her, how does she feel about all this?

Love and light,

Lisa