HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Clinical Trials
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-02-2007, 06:54 PM   #1
Robyn

Off Omnitarg/Herceptin Trial...darn!

Progressed on this trial, minimally, but enough within the parameters. Darn, it was such an easy regime! I had a good 6 cycles and still have good QOL. Waiting patiently to see if Canada (specifically Ontario) is going to get the Tykerb/Xeloda trial....and if I qualify for it! If the above trial that I was on opens up to anyone, consider it for sure, I was stable on it for a good while and felt great, no side effects for me!

Just wanted to let you all know! Still praying for lots MORE targeted therapies to come on the horizon!

Robyn
xx
Robyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 07:31 AM   #2
caya

Robyn,

I certainly hope Ontario will get the Tykerb/Xeloda trial and that you will qualify. I will put this down on the list of questions when I go down for chemo this Thursday at Mt. Sinai Hospital in Toronto. My onc. participates in many clinical trials often in conjunction with Princess Margaret Hospital (PMH) which is right next door. - 20% of PMH patients are on some sort of clinical trial.

I'll try to post again after my chemo, but you know with chemo brain I may forget - so you may have to post again to remind me.

All the best
Caya
caya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 09:16 PM   #3
Robyn

Thank you, I appreciate that!

Robyn
xx
Robyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 09:43 PM   #4
betlen5

Robin,
I start Tykerb/Xeloda next week. After 4 reacurrances I hope this one works for me better than the Taxol/Herceptin.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Betty
8/2004 DX Local Reacurrance; er/pr+ her2 3+ positive; dbl mas reconstructive surgery w/tran flap; no chemo or drugs
11/2005 DX Local Reacurrance; er/pr+ her2 3+ positive; Taxol/Herceptin 1x weekly for 12 weeks; Herceptin for 9 months 1x 21 days
12/2006 DX Local Reacurrance; er/pr- her2 3+ positive; Her 2 rechecked with FISH her2+++ er/pr-
3/9/07 Started Tykerb (Lapatinib) 1250 mg/once daily
Xeloda (Capecitabine 2000 mg/m2/daily 1-14 every 21 days
betlen5 is offline   Reply With Quote