HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-18-2004, 03:43 PM   #1
Jessica

Just wanted to comment on my use of IP6 & other complimentary alternative meds.
I felt completely comfortable & confident soliciting the help,advice & direction of a traditional chinese medicine doc to guide me, develop & customize a regimen appropriate for my dx, tx history & tx regimen.His recommendations are based upon the standard of care of Chinese medicine in treating cancer & all diseases-that is complimenting conventional,western, allopathic treatment(chemo, radiation and all) with a variety of supplements,herbs, vitamins, etc.The FDA does not have proof of efficacy, and therefore few western MD's will support or recommend using complimentary meds-including my own doc.(She admits that she does believe there there must be "something to it" but can't endorse it since there's no solid (FDA) evidence.
But this has been the standard of care in China for many years, with a survival rate greater than ours.
We are faced with so many difficult decisions and I would only encourage others to use complimentary meds if you've done your homework and feel confident about your guidance.
I'm happy to share my information & regimen, but please contact me directly if you feel the information will be helpful.
Keeping the faith!!!
Jessica
Old 02-19-2004, 05:37 AM   #2
Anonymous

But this has been the standard of care in China for many years, with a survival rate greater than ours.

Is this true? I thought it was less.