HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Herceptin / Tykerb
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Herceptin / Tykerb Share your experiences or ask questions about Herceptin or Tykerb

Old 04-17-2007, 05:54 PM   #1
Karen t

Red face

Hello Skye,

I have been on Herceptin for nearly three years and have lots of annoying symptoms but perhaps not the ones you mentioned. More things like runny and crusty nose, splitting nails, some aches and pains. It does not seem like the symptoms have worsened over time; in fact, my nose has improved - still runny but not crusty and no more weird smell. It would be convenient to attribute weight gain to Herceptin but I have started being more careful about my diet and exercise and am actually starting to drop a pound or two. I think my earlier weight gain (eight pounds) on Herceptin and continuous chemo was possibly tied more to my not feeling like exercising and my tendency to indulge in food "treats" when I was feeling stressed out. Others may have a different experience.

Best wishes,
Karen
Karen t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 06:21 PM   #2
Grace

Karen--you're the first person to mention the "weird smell." I wondered if I was the only one reluctant to mention that very definite side effect of Herceptin. Glad in a way that someone has finally mentioned it, so I know I'm not imagining it.

One recent change, perhaps side effect of herceptin,is a strange taste in my mouth. Also, certain foods and wine taste unpleasant.