HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-20-2009, 07:54 AM   #1
Missyw

Unhappy Feeling so desperate - Liver mets back

Hi everyone,

My head is still reeling. After almost three years NED my liver met is back. Can anyone with liver met experience give me advice? I want to explore resection. Has anyone done Cyberknife? Dr. is recommending navelbine. Is this enough? How well does it work? Is it well tolerated? We have to tell our kids (13 and 17) this weekend and I just have to find a way to feel some sense of hope. Right now I am lost and overwhelmed with grief.

Thank you so much. Missy
Missyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:14 AM   #2
Believe51

Location: RHODE ISLAND (Ed getting me a latte on 2nd Cancerversary Cruise 2008) 'BELIEVE': To accept as true or real, To have faith in, To presume ALWAYS BELIEVE
Oh Missy, I am so sorry to hear of this news. I wish I had the answers for you but I do not. I do however, always have time to add another prayer to my list. I will have you on my mind and deep within my heart as you search for the answers. There are many members here that have encountered liver mets that I am sure will come to your rescue. Just remember that I am right here in your corner.>>Believe51
9/7/06Husband 50yrs=StageIV IBC/HER2+,BoneMets10/06TaxotereX10,'H'1X wk,Zometa,Tamoxifen4/12/07Last Tax5/18/07Pet=Rapid Cell Activity,No Organ Mets,Lytic Lesions,Degeneration,Some Bone Repair5/07ChemoFail6/01/07Pleural Thoracentisis=Effusions,NoMalignantCells6/19/07+7/2/07DFCI
6/25/07BrainMRI=BrainMets,Many<9mm7/10/07WBR/PelvisRad37.5Gx15&Nutritionist8/19/07T/X9/20/07BrainMRI=2<2mm10/6/07Pet=BoneProgression
10/24/07ChemoFail11/9/07A/Cx10,EndTam12/7/07Faslodex12/10/07Muga7512/13/07BlasticLesions1/7/08BrainMRI=Clear4/1/08Pet=BoneImprovement,
NoProgression,Stable4/7/08BrainPerfect5/16/08Last A/C8/26/08BrainMets=10(<9mm)9/10/08Gamma10/30/08Met=5mm12/19/08Gamma5mets5
12/22/08SpinalMets1/14/09SpinalRads2/17/09BrainMRI=NoNewMets4/20/09BoneScan5/14/09Ixempra6/1/09BrainMRI=NumerousMets6/24/09DFCIw/DrBurstein6/26/09Continue
Ixempra/Faslodex/Zometa~TM now lower7/17/09Stop Ixempra By Choice9/21/09HOSPICE10/16/09Earned His Deserved Wings And Halo=37 Month Fight w/Stage 4 IBC, Her2+++,My Hero!!
Believe51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 09:11 AM   #3
lexigirl

Sending you a hug and prayers right now. I hope that your tx will kick the heck out of the pesky liver met.

Hugs and Prayers,
Lexi
lexigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 09:43 AM   #4
Shobha

Missy, I am praying for you to get the right combination of drugs and make the liver mets disappear. I know many brave ladies in this group have done it. May you have similarly great result!
BRCA 1 and 2 - Negative
Jan 2008 - Bilateral mastectomy, prophylactic Rt. side.
Radiation for 5 weeks
Completed my yr of herceptin on 07-14-2008
Brain MRI - 3/2/09 Clean
Shobha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:14 AM   #5
jones7676

Location: I live in Christmas, MI - located on the shores of Lake Superior.
So sorry to hear your news. I hope they can match you with a good treatment that is very effective and works well. I will be thinking of you.

10/03 Radical Mastectomy 3 cm tumor - 1/17 Nodes Stage II B, Her 2 +++ ER-/PR- 11/03 4 AC 4 Taxol 12/05 Stage IV - Lung met , Bone mets - Carbo, Taxotere, Herceptin 9/06 - 2 cm brain tumor 10/06 - Tumor removal surgery - Herceptin Halted 12/06 gamma knife tumor base.1/07 Navelbine/Herceptin 4/07 Rads to R femur 5/07 Stereotactic - new 2 cm brain tumor 4/07 Start Xeloda 5/07 Tykerb added 7/07 Brain MRI clean 10/07 .055 cm brain met found. 12/07 Stereotactic -1 cm brain tumor Start Tykerb 11/07 Abraxane/Herceptin 5/08 Cisplatin, Gemcitabine/Herceptin 6/08 Stereotactic to 1cm 9/08 Stereotactic repeat (growth). 11/08 Pet Scan Good but new tiny met on L lung/dead Brain surgery (no cancer cells found/scar tissue) 1/09 Chemo restarted 2/09 Pet Scan Bad - R larger very active/active L active lymph nodes both sides of chest MRI- mets slight increase 2/09 Start Doxil/Tykerb Treatment
jones7676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:18 AM   #6
schoolteacher

Missy,

I am sorry to hear your news. I will be praying for you. I don't know anything about the medicine they are wanting to give you.

God Bless You.

Amelia
schoolteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:54 AM   #7
vickie h

Missy,
Please don't be too frightened, though I know that is easier said than done. I am on Navelbine and have been on it before. It was the first time I was ever NED, so it is a great treatment and very easily tolerated. There was a bit of hair loss, but I kept most of my hair and never had any nausea, etc. My energy levels were quite good, also. I think it is an excellent choice for you and would also research whether a resection is a possiblity for you. I have not had liver mets, but I have been in chemo for over 5 years now, non-stop except for a couple of 6 week breaks. I was only NED once (On Navelbine) but there continues to be more options added all the time.
I know how fear takes over when this happens. Breath deep and keep up the fight, you're going to be just fine. I am praying for you, sweet sister, and we are all here compassionately reaching out to form a protective blanket of love around you. We love you very much, Vickie

Life's not about waiting for the storm to pass,
It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Feb 04 IBC IIIC/IV er-/pr- her2+++
3/04 TCH X4
7/ 04 MRM 9/04 Taxol/herceptin wkly 1 yr 33X rads
11/04 skin mets 33x rads,10/05 Avast/Herc. 11 mos.
8/ 06 PET mets lymphs, neck
9/ 06 Navelbine/herceptin
11/ 06 PET NED
2/ 07 skin mets, 4/07 Xeloda, 5/07 add Tykerb
2/ 08 Tykerb failed. Doxil /Herceptin 6 months
8/08 PET skin mets, 8/08 Abraxane/Avastin
11/ 08 PET prog., skin mets
1/09 PET/CT progress, 1/09 Ixempra, 2/09 add Xeloda and low dose Naltrexone
2/09 off Ixempra/Xeloda
3/09 navelbine/herc/cytoxin 4/09 PET shows regress.7/09 start Topotecan. Failed.
8/09 extensive mets rgt brst, back and torso. starting Pazopanib clinical trial.
vickie h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 11:03 AM   #8
norwegian

Dear Missy!
Yes, I've posted this poem before,- but how can I not give it to you now that you feel so miserable. I wish you all the best!!

IT'S THE DREAM
It's the dream we carry in secret
that something miraculos will happen
that it must happen-
that time will open
that the heart will open
that doors will open,
that the rockface will open
that springs will gush-
that the dream will open,
that one morning we will glide into
some little harbour we didn't know was there.

Diagnosed Dec 06, tumor 1.3cm. 1/10 node. PR/ER-, Her2+, DCIS, Mascetomy right side. FEC100 x4, Taxol x4, 25 Radiations, Herceptin finished in June 08. Lymphedema right arm
norwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 11:20 AM   #9
Lori R

Missy,
I am so sorry to hear the bad news. I too am a liver met SURVIVOR and so I can completely relate. I even have a 16 year old daughter.
I believe I am a year behind you, but I do participate on this site daily as there are other Liver met survivors that provide A LOT of hope in terms of their successful battles against this X#@! disease.
Chrisy has been on the TDM1 trial and it has kicked those mets to the moon.!!! I believe there is a trial that is open as a 2nd line treatment. I mention this because I hope it provides encouragement that while it must be horribly frightening to have the mets back, there is more than one option available. (always looking for those back up plans)
Please mention this trial to your Onc and they can help you decide if the Navelbine (which is also good news as MA said is very manageable and worked for quite a while!!) or the TDM1 would be in your best interest. Also, I believe Kim-CA has a liver resection a long time ago. I haven't seen her post on the site lately but I "think" I have the right person. Her picture was of her on a beautiful horse!

Would it be helpful that prior to sharing the news with your children that you have a game plan in mind? That way, you can be more upbeat and confident? The discussion you refer to is the one that makes me lose sleep at night. The hardest part HAS to be the impact the news has on our families.

I am sending you a warm, comforting hug. If you want to call someone and cry (or cuss), let me know, I'd be more than willing to listen.
Love and Hugs....Lori
Node + 2/14 - Single Liver Met
Double Mastectomy
Nov - Begin T+H
Feb-Complete 6 cycles- T&H- NED
March - Continue - Herceptin Only
April - Rads for 6 weeks
Continue Herceptin - Continue NED
April - Recurrance- 3 cm. Liver Met
May - Cryosurgery
June - November - Abraxane + Herceptin
Aug - PET/CT - CTC = 0 Back to NED
January - Continue NED
July - Recurrance - 3 cm Liver Met CTC=1
August - Cryosurgery #2
August - November Navelbine
November - Back to NED - End Navelbine
Feb - Recur - 4 cm Liver Met - Same Left Lobe
March Surgery it is -Couldn't get a clean margin
July - Confirmed continued liver involvement
August - Begin Herceptin + Tykerb
October - Mixed results from H+T
Add Abraxane + H + T - Nov - April
January PET Scan - It's working!!
April - Back to NED
July - Recurrance
August - Begin TDM-1 Trial (Taxol + TDM-1)
Lori R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 11:25 AM   #10
hermiracles

So very sorry to hear this news Missy - love hope and prayers to you Sister.
May the Force be with you.
Blessings
Hermiracles
09/07 Stage 2 bilat. mastectomy R/ b. clear extens DCIS/IDC Paget’s 8 nodes clear ER(<5%) HER2+++ CT clear
11/07 Portacath - FEC
15/11/07 Stage 4 Emerg op - hip replacemt #NOF bone mets H/Taxotere
12/07 Rx to 'spots' on spine/R/hip/femur 3wkly H
2008 H+T mets to rib/sternum? Aredia CT clear! Cont. H + Aredia 07/08 1 wk Palliative Care - mets to lungs + ?1 to brain
09/08 Stop H complete Epirubicin 1wk PC new brain mets
10/08 2wks WBR 1wk PC 22/10/08 Tykerb/Xeloda 12/08 6 CEREBRAL METS COMPLETELY GONE! Rib mets down to <1cm.
01/09 Tumour markers normal! Rx to L/arm
03/09 LUNGS CLEAR (ALL NODULES GONE!), brain clear, liver clear. Bones stable! ~ THANK YOU GOD
07/09 Repeat CT Scan ~ ALL organs clear apart from bones which remain stable. I walk in gratitude.
hermiracles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 11:32 AM   #11
StephN

Thumbs up

Dear Missy -
Sorry to hear the stubborn bugger is deviling you again. We have had members here use resection or ablation for single tumors with good success.

My liver was "shot through" plus I had a couple of large tumors. Chemos were the only choice in that case. Check my signature below. I have not had ANY sign of liver tumors or any other problems in 7 years after that one BIG fight. Navelbine was part of my drug routine - on a weekly basis.

Tell your children there is a lot of hope - you just need to go after the cancer again while it is small.

MY STORY SO FAR ~~~~
Found suspicious lump 9/2000
Lumpectomy, then node dissection and port placement
Stage IIB, 8 pos nodes of 18, Grade 3, ER & PR -
Adriamycin 12 weekly, taxotere 4 rounds
36 rads - very little burning
3 mos after rads liver full of tumors, Stage IV Jan 2002, one spot on sternum
Weekly Taxol, Navelbine, Herceptin for 27 rounds to NED!
2003 & 2004 no active disease - 3 weekly Herceptin + Zometa
Jan 2005 two mets to brain - Gamma Knife on Jan 18
All clear until treated cerebellum spot showing activity on Jan 2006 brain MRI & brain PET
Brain surgery on Feb 9, 2006 - no cancer, 100% radiation necrosis - tumor was still dying
Continue as NED while on Herceptin & quarterly Zometa
Fall-2006 - off Zometa - watching one small brain spot (scar?)
2007 - spot/scar in brain stable - finished anticoagulation therapy for clot along my port-a-catheter - 3 angioplasties to unblock vena cava
2008 - Brain and body still NED! Port removed and scans in Dec.
Dec 2008 - stop Herceptin - Vaccine Trial at U of W begun in Oct. of 2011
STILL NED everywhere in Feb 2014 - on wing & prayer
7/14 - Started twice yearly Zometa for my bones
Jan. 2015 checkup still shows NED
2015 Neuropathy in feet - otherwise all OK - still NED.
Same news for 2016 and all of 2017.
Nov of 2017 - had small skin cancer removed from my face. Will have Zometa end of Jan. 2018.
StephN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 05:04 PM   #12
chrisy

Hi Missy,

Well, I know that feeling...and it sucks. For me, having it recur stole my dream that maybe I had been "cured"... I really just want to give you a big hug right now and wrap you in love.

Still, there is MUCH hope and many options for you. You've fought it before, and you will again. I can tell you are not ready to give up; please also try not to lose heart.

There are many folks here living with liver mets, some who have been lucky enough to slap it down once for the long term, others who have had to slap it again...and again...and again.

As my oncologist puts it "because you have such little disease" you have time to consider other options. It's hard for us to view anything shy of NED as "little" but the point is, if you are healthy you have more options and more time to make your decision.

If it were me, and a single liver met, I would definitely explore "local" options: RFA, Cyberknife, or resection. Get it while it's small. But I would back it up with systemic treatment, too. Resection is a pretty big deal; the others are, I understand, much more tolerable.

Lots of people have had liver mets RFA'd (Irene from Tampa is a vet), I know of one who had Cyberknife (Esther/luv2ski), and Kim in Ca had a resection (which turned out to be necrotic tissue left over after chemo). I'm sure any of them would share their experience.

I've been in a T-DM1 trial for just over a year, and have had really good results. In fact, I think I've been NED since about October but I don't want to jinx it!

This might be something you'd want to consider. T-DM1 is a conjugate with a really potent toxin linked to herceptin. It works like a "smart bomb", using the herceptin to deliver the toxin directly to the cancer cells. There is currently a Phase III trial recruiting for 2nd line therapy - if you've had a taxane+herceptin you may qualify. It's a randomized trial, the other arm is Tykerb/Xeloda which would also be a valid option. And either of those options are pretty well tolerated (except by the cancer which doesn't like 'em one bit).

Here's a link to the trial; don't believe the list of trial locations, they add new ones constantly.
http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/sh...mcc-dm1&rank=3

All that said, the standard options (systemic treatments) are also very good options. I don't know about Navelbine, except that lots of people do well with it; there's also all the others...just be sure you have a Her2 targeted agent in the mix, either Herceptin or Tyerkb. Even if your cancer progressed while on Herceptin, you still get synergy by adding it to chemo.

I know this is a scary and difficult time. Since I can't do anything more than a cyber hug, be sure you collect real ones from your hubby and 2 kids and let them totally wrap their love around you, and each other.

Then get back in the race...

Much love
Chris
10/04-3/05 Weekly Taxol/Carboplatin/Herceptin , complete response!
04/05 - 4/07 Herception every 3 wks, Continue NED
04/07 - recurrence to liver - 2 spots, starting tykerb/avastin trial
06/07 8/07 10/07 Scans show stable, continue on Tykerb/Avastin
01/08 Progression in liver
02/08 Begin (TDM1) trial
08/08 NED! It's Working! Continue on TDM1
02/09 Continue NED
02/10 Continue NED. 5/10 9/10 Scans NED 10/10 Scans NED
12/10 Scans not clear....4/11 Scans suggest progression 6/11 progression confirmed in liver
07/11 - 11/11 Herceptin/Xeloda -not working:(
12/11 Begin MM302 Phase I trial - bust:(
03/12 3rd times the charm? AKT trial

5/12 Scan shows reduction! 7/12 More reduction!!!!
8/12 Whoops...progression...trying for Perjeta/Herceptin (plus some more nasty chemo!)
9/12 Start Perjeta/Herceptin, chemo on hold due to infection/wound in leg, added on cycle 2 &3
11/12 Poops! progression in liver, Stop Perjeta/Taxo/Herc
11/12 Navelbine/Herce[ptin - try for a 3 cycles, no go.
2/13 Gemzar/Carbo/Herceptin - no go.
3/13 TACE procedure
chrisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 09:12 AM   #13
WomanofSteel

Hang in there, this is just a minor setback and I am sure it can be zapped out quickly. I too am battling multiple liver mets, the largest which is 10 cm. I am still going strong. We are "Women of Steel" after all! Sending you a long distance prayer and a hug.
bcs 8/4/03
bcs 8/21/03 0/16 nodes
tx 4x ca 36 rad tam
postmenopausal 06 aromasin
sept 07 biopsy node in neck
muga/pet/cat/bone mets to lungs nodes and liver stage iv
tx hki-272
tx not working switched to taxol herceptin
Taxol not working switched to navelbine
navelbine is causing bad neuropathy
starting gemzar
gemzar quit on me now on Ixempra due to increasing number and size of liver mets
another progression starting tykerb/xeloda
WomanofSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 09:59 AM   #14
kk1

Hi Missy;

Don't despair, as Chrisy said the fact that you went 3 years NED and now only have one met is very promising. As you can see from the responses there are lots of options out there and many of us are living great lives in spite of liver mets. I've had two liver resections for single mets. Resection is not right for everyone but I prefer the surgery option when possible. It's a bit tough the first two weeks after, due to the incision, but each time 5-6 weeks later I was completely back to normal doing sports, gardening and even down hill skiing. Plus I have the piece of mind that at least for the time being the beast has been expelled from my body and I am not wondering if the chemo is working or not. I tend to be an impatient patient. I also have children of the same age, to my amazement they always manage to deal with my relapsed better than I ever would have thought.

Hang in there, the worst feeling is the period before you have your battle plan. Send me a PM if you want to ask any questions.

Sept 2004 NED-3 herceptin, zoladex,aromasin
Dec 2006 recurrence in liver
Feb. 2007 liver resection left lobe removed-herceptin, zoladex, switch to Arimidex
NED 16 months added zometa
May 2008 new lesion in liver 15mm Tykerb/Xeloda/Herceptin
July 2008 stable...yeah!
Sept 2008 NED again !!!
Jan 2009 fell off the wagon again spot back in the liver and fell out of menopause.
Feb 2009 RFA and 2nd liver resection to remove spot ---back on the NED wagon again continue Tykerb, Herceptin.
March 2009- oophrectomy added Femara and bi-annual Zometa
May 2009- scans clear but suspect lung nodule
June 2009- Lung VAT wedge resection to remove nodule---fungus ball not cancer!! phew
Aug 2009- NED
Nov 2009-scans again clear YAHOO!
March 2010- scans clear continue Tykerb, Herceptin, Femara, Zometa Q6mo
Nov 2009-Nov 2019 scans clear done every 6 months

Feb 2020 - Fell out of the NED wagon hard! single liver lesions and large infect cyst. 3 weeks in ICU.
March 2021- 5 cycles perjeta, herceptin, navelbine. lesion stable.
June 2021 - 3rd liver resection to remove single liver lesion. Continued perjeta, herceptin.
Nov. 2021- PET scan show 5 hot nodes near liver. 9 cycles Kadcyla
June 2021- PET scan shows progression. nodes size unchanged but even more SUV uptake.

July 2021- start ENHERTU
kk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 01:21 PM   #15
ElaineM

Wink Feeling so desperate - Liver mets back

I am sorry to hear your news. Navelbine might be one of the best types of chemo to tolerate. You can probably get a list of possible side effects from your doctor or www.navelbine.com might work. Most drug companies have a website for each major drug they produce.
I took Navelbine in the past. It did not cause hair loss. I did get pretty tired for a day or so afterwards. My blood counts went down slightly, but never down to dangerously low levels. I took supplements for that. Whatever you decide to do please do it soon to prevent more mets. Some of us take Milk Thistle and drink beet juice for the liver. I started taking Milk Thistle when I was first diagnosed 10 years ago and never had a liver met. I still take Milk Thistle every day. I eat beets or drink beet juice occassionally. I just had an ultra sound of my abdomen. My liver is perfect.
Good luck. Take care.
http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48247
Lucky 13 !! I hope so !!!!!!
http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52807
14 Year Survivor
http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=57053
"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have." author unknown
Shared by a multiple myeloma survivor.
ElaineM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 05:27 PM   #16
chrisy

KK1 you are my hero!

WOS - you are my hero, too! "We are, after, Women of Steel"!
10/04-3/05 Weekly Taxol/Carboplatin/Herceptin , complete response!
04/05 - 4/07 Herception every 3 wks, Continue NED
04/07 - recurrence to liver - 2 spots, starting tykerb/avastin trial
06/07 8/07 10/07 Scans show stable, continue on Tykerb/Avastin
01/08 Progression in liver
02/08 Begin (TDM1) trial
08/08 NED! It's Working! Continue on TDM1
02/09 Continue NED
02/10 Continue NED. 5/10 9/10 Scans NED 10/10 Scans NED
12/10 Scans not clear....4/11 Scans suggest progression 6/11 progression confirmed in liver
07/11 - 11/11 Herceptin/Xeloda -not working:(
12/11 Begin MM302 Phase I trial - bust:(
03/12 3rd times the charm? AKT trial

5/12 Scan shows reduction! 7/12 More reduction!!!!
8/12 Whoops...progression...trying for Perjeta/Herceptin (plus some more nasty chemo!)
9/12 Start Perjeta/Herceptin, chemo on hold due to infection/wound in leg, added on cycle 2 &3
11/12 Poops! progression in liver, Stop Perjeta/Taxo/Herc
11/12 Navelbine/Herce[ptin - try for a 3 cycles, no go.
2/13 Gemzar/Carbo/Herceptin - no go.
3/13 TACE procedure

Last edited by chrisy; 03-22-2009 at 10:33 AM..
chrisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 06:26 AM   #17
Joan M

Missy,

Don't lose hope. There's a lot more you can do. Even before a resection you could look into radiofrequency ablation of the met in the liver, for example. It's a fairly common procedure and not as invasive as a liver resection. And it can work well for you since you went for three years w/o mets in the liver.

I think a few women on this board have had liver RFAs, and can give you more information. Ask your doctor.

Hang in there,

Joan
Diagnosed stage 2b in July 2003 (2.3 cm, HER2+, ER-/PR-, 7+ nodes). Treated with mastectomy (with immediate DIEP flap reconstruction), AC + T/Herceptin (off label). Cancer advanced to lung in Jan. 2007 (1 cm nodule). Started Herceptin every 3 weeks. Lung wedge resection April 2007. Cancer recurred in lung April 2008. RFA of lung in August 2008. 2nd annual brain MRI in Oct. 2008 discovered 2.6 cm cystic tumor in left frontal lobe. Craniotomy Oct. 2008 (ER-/PR-/HER2-) followed by targeted radiation (IMRT). Coughing up blood Feb. 2009. Thoractomy July 2009 to cut out fungal ball of common soil fungus (aspergillus) that grew in the RFA cavity (most likely inhaled while gardening). No cancer, only fungus. Removal of tiny melanoma from upper left arm, plus sentinel lymph node biopsy in Feb. 2016. Guardant Health liquid biopsy in Feb. 2016 showed mutations in 4 subtypes of TP53. Repeat of Guardant Health biopsy in Jana. 2021 showed 3 TP53 mutations, BRCA1 mutation and CHEK2 mutation. Invitae genetic testing showed negative for all of these. Living with MBC since 2007. Stopped Herceptin Hylecta (injection) treatment in March 2020. Recent 2021 annual CT of chest, abdomen and pelvis and annual brain MRI showed NED. Praying for NED forever!!
Joan M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:06 PM   #18
Jackie07

Missy,

Sorry to hear about your mets coming back. If you use the search button on the top of the board, you will find all the postings about 'liver mets' by using the keywords. And remember this is a group full of strong prayer warriors. You will not be in this battle alone.

NICU 4.4 LB
Erythema Nodosum 85
Life-long Central Neurocytoma 4x5x6.5 cm 23 hrs 62090 semi-coma 10 d PT OT ST 30 d
3 Infertility tmts 99 > 3 u. fibroids > Pills
CN 3 GKRS 52301
IDC 1.2 cm Her2 +++ ER 5% R. Lmptmy SLNB+1 71703 6 FEC 33 R Tamoxifen
Recc IIB 2.5 cm Bi-L Mast 61407 2/9 nds PET
6 TCH Cellulitis - Lymphedema - compression sleeve & glove
H w x 4 MUGA 51 D, J 49 M
Diastasis recti
Tamoxifen B. scan
Irrtbl bowel 1'09
Colonoscopy 313
BRCA1 V1247I
hptc hemangioma
Vertigo
GI - > yogurt
hysterectomy/oophorectomy 011410
Exemestane 25 mg tab 102912 ~ 101016 stopped due to r. hip/l.thigh pain after long walk
DEXA 1/13
1-2016 lesions in liver largest 9mm & 1.3 cm onco. says not cancer.
3-11 Appendectomy - visually O.K., a lot of puss. Final path result - not cancer.
Start Vitamin D3 and Calcium supplement (600mg x2)
10-10 Stopped Exemestane due to r. hip/l.thigh pain OKed by Onco 11-08-2016
7-23-2018 9 mm groundglass nodule within the right lower lobe with indolent behavior. Due to possible adenocarcinoma, Recommend annual surveilence.
7-10-2019 CT to check lung nodule.
1-10-2020 8mm stable nodule on R Lung, two 6mm new ones on L Lung, a possible lymph node involvement in inter fissule.
"I WANT TO BE AN OUTRAGEOUS OLD WOMAN WHO NEVER GETS CALLED AN OLD LADY. I WANT TO GET SHARP EDGED & EARTH COLORED, TILL I FADE AWAY FROM PURE JOY." Irene from Tampa

Advocacy is a passion .. not a pastime - Joe
Jackie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 09:04 AM   #19
Believe51

Location: RHODE ISLAND (Ed getting me a latte on 2nd Cancerversary Cruise 2008) 'BELIEVE': To accept as true or real, To have faith in, To presume ALWAYS BELIEVE
Smile

Missy, just wanted to tell you that I thought of you all weekend on and off. I had a candle burning after saying a prayer for you. Sending refreshing healing prayers and positive thoughts as you move forward. We are all right here for you.>>Believe51
9/7/06Husband 50yrs=StageIV IBC/HER2+,BoneMets10/06TaxotereX10,'H'1X wk,Zometa,Tamoxifen4/12/07Last Tax5/18/07Pet=Rapid Cell Activity,No Organ Mets,Lytic Lesions,Degeneration,Some Bone Repair5/07ChemoFail6/01/07Pleural Thoracentisis=Effusions,NoMalignantCells6/19/07+7/2/07DFCI
6/25/07BrainMRI=BrainMets,Many<9mm7/10/07WBR/PelvisRad37.5Gx15&Nutritionist8/19/07T/X9/20/07BrainMRI=2<2mm10/6/07Pet=BoneProgression
10/24/07ChemoFail11/9/07A/Cx10,EndTam12/7/07Faslodex12/10/07Muga7512/13/07BlasticLesions1/7/08BrainMRI=Clear4/1/08Pet=BoneImprovement,
NoProgression,Stable4/7/08BrainPerfect5/16/08Last A/C8/26/08BrainMets=10(<9mm)9/10/08Gamma10/30/08Met=5mm12/19/08Gamma5mets5
12/22/08SpinalMets1/14/09SpinalRads2/17/09BrainMRI=NoNewMets4/20/09BoneScan5/14/09Ixempra6/1/09BrainMRI=NumerousMets6/24/09DFCIw/DrBurstein6/26/09Continue
Ixempra/Faslodex/Zometa~TM now lower7/17/09Stop Ixempra By Choice9/21/09HOSPICE10/16/09Earned His Deserved Wings And Halo=37 Month Fight w/Stage 4 IBC, Her2+++,My Hero!!
Believe51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 04:02 PM   #20
juanita

saying a prayer for you and sending lots of positive thoughts and energy your way!
1 yr herceptin,
juanita is offline   Reply With Quote