HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Profiles In Courage
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2006, 06:42 PM   #1
Unregistered

Looking for a similar story

I am wondering if there is anyone out there who has had an experience similar to mine and if so how are they doing?

I was diagnosed with advanced BC two years ago..my treatment consisted of 12 wks of chemo..masectomy..7 wks of radiation. Four months later I was diagnosed with mets in liver,lungs and bones. I went back on chemo..Herceptin, Gemzar, and Taxol for four months. I had a CT scan and everything looked good so they put me on a maintenance plan of Herceptin and Zometa. The really weird part of my story..in July I had what turned out to be herpes zoster blisters on my chest wall where I had the masectomy that was mixed with cancer. The biopsy showed cancer cells in the tissue under my skin. We added Gemzar back in and the blister went away.

This fall I did 3 weeks of radiation on my spine. I stopped chemo to do the radiation and the blisters came back again. The maintenance didn't work so I'm back to Taxol, Gemzar, and Herceptin. I am wondering if anyone else had a recurrence in only 4 months and also has anyone had a similar experience with Herpes and cancer in the skin? I also have alot of shoulder problems on both arms. I would look forward to hearing from anyone!
Old 01-10-2006, 09:49 AM   #2
Amy

Hi....sorry, I can't relate to your particular experience but try posting this message in the HER2Group section. You may get more feedback because more people view that on a regular basis. God Bless.....Amy
Amy is offline   Reply With Quote