HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Keeping Your Mind Off of BC
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Keeping Your Mind Off of BC Fun things and posts that do not apply to BC

Old 10-11-2007, 07:54 AM   #1
PinkGirl

Talking me again

Andi, I keep thinking about whether or not Tiptoe can swim.... more negative thoughts...... Have you had any luck with the flotation device? I was also thinking of a teeny tiny inflatable raft so she can float in your pool. I don't know if hamsters like to get wet.

Dx Aug/05 at age 51
2cm. Stage 2A, Grade 3
ER+/PR-
Her2 +++

Sept 7/05 Mastectomy
4 FAC, 4 Taxol, no radiation
1 year of Herceptin
Tamoxifen for approx. 4 months,
Arimidex for 5 years
Prophylactic mastectomy June 22/09

" I yam what I yam." - Popeye

My Photo Album
PinkGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 11:42 AM   #2
PinkGirl

technical difficulties...

Name:  10-12-2007%2001%3B38%3B49PM.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  19.2 KBare being worked on. Please do not adjust your television set.......

Here goes, straight from Florida to Canada and back to where ever this is... Attachment 132

Dx Aug/05 at age 51
2cm. Stage 2A, Grade 3
ER+/PR-
Her2 +++

Sept 7/05 Mastectomy
1 year of Herceptin
Arimidex for 5 years

My Photo Album

Last edited by PinkGirl; 03-30-2008 at 10:59 AM..
Old 10-12-2007, 12:05 PM   #3
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Talking Like Magic!

Does that not look like a happy hamster or what?? By my front door on Day 1 (see above posts w/o pics describing pic)...

I too am sooo happy! I bow to the genius of The Pink One and her computer skills. I'M ELATED WITH YOUR GENEROSITY OF SPIRIT! THANK YOU, THANK YOU...

I'm waiting for Paul to get home tonight to help me get more pics on this site without bothering Canada for help. Lots more pix to come. Maybe. Definitely in the Journal anyway. That's easy. Working w/pixels however is a dead end zone for me. Paul, w/Pink's instructions in his hand (again thanks for the detailed email for the technically challenged) is my only hope right now. Not that I've given up trying myself. But, let's just say my time would be better spent printing out Journal entries...

We ALL thank you, Pinkie, from adopting Tiptoe in the first place -- to caring for her -- to outfitting her and sharing with us all! Your fun energy is glowing from all the way up there, down to southern Florida, w/prospects all over the place... You're spreading sunshine everywhere! Look what you created? With the seed of an idea and a sense of humor that is dearly cherished by us all! Thanks for being you, Pinkie!!

LOVE YOU, AND ALL MY SISTERS AND BROS...

Andi
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 01:08 PM   #4
PinkGirl

Talking Tiptoe's whiskers

I forgot to mention about her whiskers that easily flatten and stick to her cheek. I think a bit of hair gel or maybe hair spray may help. It's an ongoing thing - I wasn't able to fix it for her.

Dx Aug/05 at age 51
2cm. Stage 2A, Grade 3
ER+/PR-
Her2 +++

Sept 7/05 Mastectomy
1 year of Herceptin
Arimidex for 5 years

My Photo Album
Old 10-12-2007, 01:59 PM   #5
PinkGirl

Smile more Florida pictures

Andi will have to supply the narration...

Attachment 133

Attachment 134

Attachment 135

Attachment 136

Dx Aug/05 at age 51
2cm. Stage 2A, Grade 3
ER+/PR-
Her2 +++

Sept 7/05 Mastectomy
1 year of Herceptin
Arimidex for 5 years

My Photo Album

Last edited by PinkGirl; 03-29-2008 at 07:33 AM..
Old 10-12-2007, 02:12 PM   #6
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Talking I'm Right Behind You!

How do you spell AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH (scream). So excited...

Okay. Tip favorite activity is foraging. Take her to the Morikami Orchid Gardens for special Tea Ceremony and she's off burrowing happily. She has a bit of a time running in my house, slipping on the marble floors with those tiny feet and nails. But she's a good climber and gets into my house plants, even the ones up on the tea cart.

As you know -- she's a great BELIEVER. So I showed her my BELIEVE rock and my BELIEVE sign (which Paul keeps promising to put above my office door).

Isn't she precious? I feel like a proud grandma. She's very precocious. Good-natured. Curious. Open minded. Amenable. Adaptable. And smart!

I'm 3/4 of the way to posting my own pictures. But will never give up, I promise you. (I'm really counting on Paul's help later tonight.) But Pinkie's been wonderful taking my emails to her and doing her magic thing (which involves a scanner, which we own, but is in its original 2 yr old box). We don't know how to hook it up. And then, we'd have to figure out how to actually use it. So we're a bit hamstrung. I can reduce pix and I can email them but I can't get the reduced pix to go to the web. YET. NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER GIVE IN. That's my motto...

LOVE AND HUGS TO ALL (and kisses for our Pinkie! on both cheeks),
Andi
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Old 10-12-2007, 05:43 PM   #7
PinkGirl

Smile Too cute......

Attachment 137

Attachment 138

These aren't very clear - they are traveling a lot of miles before you get to see them. The sign Tip is reading is about "not feeding the gators". She is wearing her pink "hope" necklace. Very sweet puppies Andi........

Dx Aug/05 at age 51
2cm. Stage 2A, Grade 3
ER+/PR-
Her2 +++

Sept 7/05 Mastectomy
1 year of Herceptin
Arimidex for 5 years

My Photo Album

Old 10-12-2007, 05:51 PM   #8
Andrea Barnett Budin

Exclamation Tiptoe Sends You All Her Love...

Pinkie has a heart of gold! I am incapable of posting my own pics, but Pink is doing the job -- for all of us to share and enjoy. A round of applause please. I cannot say THANK YOU enough...

Old 10-12-2007, 07:24 PM   #9
PinkGirl

Smile more Florida pics

Andi will have to explain these later.............

Attachment 139

Attachment 140

Attachment 141

Dx Aug/05 at age 51
2cm. Stage 2A, Grade 3
ER+/PR-
Her2 +++

Sept 7/05 Mastectomy
1 year of Herceptin
Arimidex for 5 years

My Photo Album

Old 10-13-2007, 10:20 AM   #10
Andrea Barnett Budin

Cool Our Little One Brings Huge Joy...

Tip loves palm fronds. Leaves of any kind. She went near my little red pepper plant and I told her not to nibble. Hot red peppers can't be good for her. She sweetly just sniffed and admired its fabulous color!

This half moon table represents my MEDITATION SPACE. Pictures of my children and my children's children abound, along w/a healing candle (purple = healing) from a friend that I refuse to burn and need to SAVE -- and Tiptoe, who joins me for my meditations. I soak up the energy of each person I hold closest to my heart. I sit on the little bench (it faces East, where the sun rises each day) and I go deep within and connect w/my Spirit, at my core. I emerge full of bliss and serenity and Empowerment!!! It's just a tiny space in a hallway outside my bedroom, but it's mine. Of course, I shared it with Tiptoe. Can you see her? She's really teeny...

Also, there's the pic of a miniature bottle of scotch that Tip found in my liquor stash. See Pinkie's little round green container with nuts for Tip that were included in her package? I gave Tipsy a small bowl to drink from. She finished the scotch and fell in! Then, we went to sleep...

The Pink One has sacrificed at least one costly ink jet to print out not only her pictures but mine, as I am incapable of scanning. (Our scanner is in its original box on the floor in Paul's office for several yrs now.) We all owe Pinkie eternal gratitude. Her generosity of Spirit is extraordinary. It can only be matched by her tenacity, cutting and scanning and whatever she does to magically make the pics appear on the web! We're both so proud of our TIPTOE. I know Marie and Ed will watch over her next. I have slated Monday as Journal day and will get it all together for mailing...and passing on...
Andi

Old 10-16-2007, 03:19 PM   #11
PinkGirl

Smile more Florida pics

Andi told me I didn't have to post these, so I took that to mean that she wanted me to post them.

Here goes...the pictures are of Tiptoe in her Barbie accessories, in a Barbie house, in a race car, with Andi's three beautiful grand babies, and with Andi and one of the grand babies. Hope you enjoy........

Attachment 142

Attachment 143

Attachment 144

Attachment 145

Attachment 146

Dx Aug/05 at age 51
2cm. Stage 2A, Grade 3
ER+/PR-
Her2 +++

Sept 7/05 Mastectomy
1 year of Herceptin
Arimidex for 5 years

My Photo Album

Old 10-16-2007, 05:07 PM   #12
Andrea Barnett Budin

Talking On Bended Knees, Thank You Pinkgirl...

God bless you Pinkie! You are a sweetheart beyond description! I emailed these to you for you in order to share with you some of what I *Journalled* as it would be a long time till you ever saw them. AND, I (admittedly) prayed I'd appeal to your generous Spirit. THANK YOU for printing and cutting and scanning and posting and draining your ink supply...!!!!!

You are a true angel. I love you Pink One!

Andi

Old 10-16-2010, 08:25 AM   #13
Sheila

Re: Tiptoe the Chinese hamster

Look who showed up unexpectedly at my house.....TipToe must want to check out the TDM-1...so she will be going with me to get some in another week!
She is empty handed, didn't bring a suitcase or anything, so we might be going shopping today!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3283.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	215.9 KB
ID:	786  

Hugs & Blessings
Sheila
Diagnosed at age 49.99999 2/21/2002 via Mammography (Calcifications)
Core Biopsy 2/22/02
L. Mastectomy 2/25/2002
Stage 1, 0.7cm IDC, Node Neg from 19 nodes Her2+++ ER PR Neg
6/2003 Reconstruction W/ Tissue Expander, Silicone Implant
9/2003 Stage IV with Mets to Supraclavicular nodes
9/2003 Began Herceptin every 3 weeks
3/2006 Xeloda 2500mg/Herceptin for recurrence to neck nodes
3/2007 Added back the Xeloda with Herceptin for continued mets to nodes
5/2007 Taken Off Xeloda, no longer working
6/14/07 Taxol/Herceptin/Avastin
3/26 - 5/28/08 Taxol Holiday Whopeeeeeeeee
5/29 2008 Back on Taxol w Herceptin q 2 weeks
4/2009 Progression on Taxol & Paralyzed L Vocal Cord from Nodes Pressing on Nerve
5/2009 Begin Rx with Navelbine/Herceptin
11/09 Progression on Navelbine
Fought for and started Tykerb/Herceptin...nodes are melting!!!!!
2/2010 Back to Avastin/Herceptin
5/2010 Switched to Metronomic Chemo with Herceptin...Cytoxan and Methotrexate
Pericardial Window Surgery to Drain Pericardial Effusion
7/2010 Back to walking a mile a day...YEAH!!!!
9/2010 Nodes are back with a vengence in neck
Qualified for TDM-1 EAP
10/6/10 Begin my miracle drug, TDM-1
Mixed response, shrinking internal nodes, progression skin mets after 3 treatments
12/6/10 Started Halaven (Eribulen) /Herceptin excellent results in 2 treatments
2/2011 I CELEBRATE my 9 YEAR MARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/5/11 begin Gemzar /Herceptin for node progression
2/8/2012 Gemzar stopped, Continue Herceptin
2/20/2012 Begin Tomo Radiation to Neck Nodes
2/21/2012 I CELEBRATE 10 YEARS
5/12/2012 BeganTaxotere/ Herceptin is my next miracle for new node progression
6/28/12 Stopped Taxotere due to pregression, Started Perjeta/Herceptin
Sheila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 11:01 PM   #14
Marlys

Pink Girl & Andi,
Thanks so much for the pictures. I have started a folder of all the pictures of Tip Toe and shared the drinking ones with my A.A. Buddies. They are so looking forward to meeting her. The same goes for my oncology nurses.
This thread has been a real delight for me.
Love & Hugs,
Marlys

Last edited by Marlys; 10-16-2007 at 11:15 PM.. Reason: to add picture
Marlys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 04:52 PM   #15
StillHere

Andi, your grandchildren are adorable. I am soooo jealous!

You gotta luv the pic of Tip in the red convertible. Too Precious for words.
05/05 Cytoxan & Adriamycin every 3wk x4
08/05 Taxol every 2wk x 4, Herceptin every wk x1yr
10/05 Bilat Mast - my Choice
10/05 3/19 lymph nodes Pos, Stage IIIa
11/05 Rad x 37 Rx, R Brst & Axcilla
02/06 Herceptin stopped (L vent HF 40)
03/06 Started & Stoped Arimidex after 2 mos.-QOL side effects
05/06 Started Tamoxafin
06/06 Bilat Free Flap Reconstruction
12/06 Cardiomyopathy reversed-HF normal
01/07 Bilat Saline Implants
07/07 CA 27-29 steadily rising from 28 in 12/06 to 46 in 7/07
07/07 PET Scan NED, but inflamation at prev surg site.
09/07 Started Femara
10/07 CA 27-29 down to 39
06/08 CA 27-29 down to 32
09/08 Lg joint pain & QOL side effects from Femara, will live w/ to keep CA markers within normal range.
StillHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 05:44 PM   #16
AbbyDawg

I've been in a bit of a Tykerb Fog for a couple weeks and just tonight got caught up on The Adventures of One Miss TipToe! This is the funniest thing ... and most heartwarming ... that I've seen in months. And above all, now I KNOW there are great benefits of being forced into the Cancer Club. An exclusive guest ... and the chance to be a part of her journey.

I would be so honored to host Ms. Tipster here in Minnesota. I do feel her life could be enriched by a venture into the lifestyle of Lake Wobegon and the Land of Prairie Home Companion. Perhaps a meeting could be arranged with the great Garrison Keillor him-seff! You all DO know about the Norwegian Sense of Humor, right? We are one of the few cultures that still invites jokes about themselves ... the secret being that WE actually laugh the hardest at them.

If perhaps Mizz Tip T. arrives in the winter, she could be invited to a Lutefisk Supper in the Church Basement. Here's a new Norski Mantra we could teach her:

Lutefisk, Lefse -
Copenhagen Snoose -
St. John's Lutheran
Has A Prayer Tip Can Use ! (Use = Yew-ssse ... Prounounced the Norski way to rhyme with 'snoose')

MN Twins baseball is a favorite here. Depending on timing, she could likely meet Harmon Killebrew or a few other baseball friends of mine. I already have a wooden bat her size. And funny enough, it is an advertisement for Bud Lite, I believe. Perhaps that won't affect her the way Coors did.

So, Mizz Pink, the AbbyDawg would be very honored to be added in TipToe's Travels!

AbbyDawg

PS Should I also mention that Minnesota is home to the Mall of America?!?
AbbyDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 10:09 PM   #17
Sherryg683

Tiptoe needs to come to Baton Rouge and eat some good cajun food and watch LSU win the national championship..lol. She'd get along great with my ferret and guinea pigs...sherryg

Diagnosed: December , 2005 at age 44
13+ positive lymph nodes
Stage IV , Her2+, 2 small mets to lungsChemo Started: Jan, 2006
4 months Taxotere, Xeloda, Hercepin
NED since April 2006!!
36 Rads to follow with weekly Herceptin indefinately
8 years NED now
Scans every year

Life is not about avoiding the thunderstorms, it's about learning to dance in the rain!
Sherryg683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 07:26 AM   #18
Marlys

Bringing this forward just in case some of us may have missed it.
Love & hugs,
Marlys
Old 02-16-2008, 11:13 AM   #19
PinkGirl

Smile

Good idea Marlys,
I go back and read this thread sometimes - it
is so funny. Maybe some of the newbies don't
even know how Tippy and Tex came about.

Dx Aug/05 at age 51
2cm. Stage 2A, Grade 3
ER+/PR-
Her2 +++

Sept 7/05 Mastectomy
1 year of Herceptin
Arimidex for 5 years

My Photo Album
Old 11-06-2009, 02:35 PM   #20
Marlys

Re: Tiptoe the Chinese hamster

Bringing this forward for our newbies who have not had the joy of knowing Tiptoe & Tex.
Love & hugs,
Marlys