HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-25-2007, 10:22 PM   #1
cheekiepie

Location: Just outside Charlotte N.C. My mom and dad and sister and brother live close
Fuel To Fight

HEY ALL
I HAVE POSTED SPARINGLY OR THE LAST FOUR YEARS BUT THIS GROUP HAS ENLIGHTENED MY PATH AND GIVES ME STRENGHT JUST BY READING AND OBSERVING MOSTLY .YOU ALL ARE A GREAT RESOURES SO THANKS ALOT. I'M SLOW WITH KNOW TRAINING ON THIS COMPUTER SO IT TAKES ME A LONG TIME TO WRITE AND PUNCH THE WRITE BUTTONS, KIND OF LIKE THE DOCTOR THAT HELP US BATTLE THIS DIESEASE.
ROBEN MY WIFE AND MOTHER OF TWO HAS BEEN BATTELING THIS FOR 5 1/2 YEARS KNOW . 2001/NOV LUMPECTOMY DEC 2001 MASTECTOMY NO NODES BUT MARGIANS ? ADERAMICEN CYTOXEN 6 CYCLES. RADS. THEN TOMXIPHEN
RECONSTRUTION /TRAM FLAP. CANCER RETURNED JAN 2003.HIP SPINE AND RIB INVOLEMENT BONE ONLY.HERCPTIN WILL BE GIVEN FROM HERE ONLA FEMARA AND OOMPHARECTOMY SURGEORY. SPREAD AGAIN JUNE 2003 STILL IN BONE.NAVELBINE FOR 3 MONTHS SPRED AGAIN STILL IN BONE. NOV 2003TOXIL (anoter hair loss) but toxil lasted 1 1/2 years .
JAN 2005 FEB CANCER TO BRAIN .STEREOTACTIC BRAIN SURGERY AND WHOLE BR RADS. BLOOD COUNTS STATING TO DROP COULD'NT QUALIFY FOR CLINICAL TRAIL. SO TREATMENT WAS GIVEN OF GEMCITIBINE / XELODA
BLOOD COUNT BOTTOMED OUT ESP. PLATLETS 6000. DOCTOR WAS ABLE TO
GET LAPATINIB BUT ROBENS COUNTS WOULDNT COOPERATE SO SHE COULDN'T STAY ONTHE TRAIL. ARIMIDEX ANOTHER HORMONAL TREATMET WAS TRIED AND ROBEN WAS ABLE TO WORK WITH IT FOR ABOUT 5 MONTHS .
2007 LIVER METS DOCS WANT TO GIVE ABBREXAINE /AVSTIN . ABBREXAINE OK BUT INSUREANCE SAYS NO TO AVSTIN. THE DOC SAY DONT WORRY AND HOPES TO GET HER ON ANOTHER CLINICAL TRAIL BUT I' M WORRIED AND WOULD LIKE SOME OF YA'LL TO GIVE ME SOME IDEALS OF MEDICINES OR TRIALS MABEY THE DOC IS GOING TO OVER LOOK SO WHEN WE SEE HER IN THREE WEEKS I MIGHT HAVE A LITTLE MORE KNOWLEDGE TO DISCUSS OPTIONS WITH HER . I'M SURE SHE WILL CHAGE MEDS THEN AND I FEEL MY CHANCES ARE GETTING SMALLER. I LOVE HER VERY MUCH , IKNOW THAT DIDN'T NEED TO BE SAID TO YA'LL BUT IT'S A FACT.
GOB BLESS YOU ALL AND KEEP YOUR
CHINS UP WOMEN YOUR MEN
ARE BEHIND YOU
CHEEKIEPIE
cheekiepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 11:21 AM   #2
TriciaK

Your wife is a fortunate girl to have a good man like you on her side! I don't have any definite answers for you but it sounds like your oncologist is pretty savvy. You can go back in the files here to read up on any topic you want, and maybe you will get some ideas. You are your wife's best advocate. Just knowing you are loving and supporting her has to be a major plus in her fight against BC. You can get a crash course on the topic by reading back posts and comments here. Knowing the questions to ask your oncologist is half the battle. Let him know you are here for your wife and want to learn all you can to help her. Most oncologists today appreciate an informed patient or patient advocate who wants to know all they can. Be persistant! You will find a lot of answers, caring and support here. Bless you both! Hugs, Tricia
TriciaK is offline   Reply With Quote