HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-20-2006, 03:25 PM   #1
Chelee

Fish...

I was told they did a FISH test on me when this all started. I have requested this report more times then I can count. I want to know HOW positive I am on Er & Pr? I have one paper that says my FISH is ampfied 4.4. But I don't see any where on this sheet that says how positive I am? Did my oncologist KEEP this part of it from me? It seems everyone here knows how positive they are on their FISH test except me...and its not for my lack of trying.

I just went through ALL my records I have gotten from them and I can't find any where that gives me an actually number of how positive I am? Isn't there suppose to be a number for both the Er & Pr....not just a report saying positive for both..right?

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 06:59 PM   #2
PatS

Hi Chelee -I believe the FISH test indicates your HER2 status, I think IHC is the ER/PR Test. I don't think anyone is trying to keep anything from you. Pathology reports just don't all show results the same way. Some give you an actual number and others just say positive or negative. Mine was like yours and just said positive. Have you tried calling your onc or the lab that actually did the test and specifically asking from your number?

Pat
PatS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 08:12 PM   #3
Bev

Hi, IHC is also for HER 2, but must not be as accurate as they confirm IHC with FISH. I got percentages for ER/PR. I'm guessing even if you have a low percent positive, they'll treat you with the hormonals. Hey, why not? You might want to know these numbers for the future. It may have some relevance for evaluating studies as they come out.

What happened with your rad situation? I read somewhere that taxanes make tumor cells more susceptible to radiation. I guess that's where the 3 to 5 week window comes in. That's not to say rads don't benefit on their own later. BB
Bev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 03:42 PM   #4
Maggie

Hi Chelee,

Before they could start herceptin on me, my onco told me they would have to test my tumor using the FISH test. They used a slice of my tumor for this. Here's a link that I did a quick search for. I hope it comes out. I haven't dropped a link on this board yet.
FISH Test Better than IHC Test

Maggie
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote