Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-13-2005, 06:22 PM   #1
Christine
Founder - HER2 Support Group

Thumbs up New Forum Started Today for Newcomers

We have launched a new message forum today called the
Newcomers Club / Welcome Wagon

This new forum is for all of the newly diagnosed and earlier stage HER2/neu patients that visit our website.

Feel free to answer any posts, but if you are one of the many experienced "old timers" on this website, please do not start any new threads there.

Hugs
Christine
Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 01:57 PM   #2
panicked911

Question newcomers /early stages

what a great idea ! It would also be very usefull if someone could give quick instructions on hopw to navigate and post on this site propelry - I have yet to figure it out.

I am one of the "trailblzer guinea pigs" who will be tarting herceptain in 4 days w/out doing chemo for newly diagnosied stage 1. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to handle the side effects when first beginning -

Also, does anyone have any thoughts on tomaxifen vs. armidex ? My main onc said do arimidex once the shots pu me into menapaus- the other onc said to saty on tamoxifen since i have had such a good reaction to it - I am strogly er and pr + plus her2+ .

thanks
panicked911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 07:02 PM   #3
shulland

This is my first post. Finished 6 months of AC+T chemo in May '05. Grade and stage 3.4cm/HER2+3 early breast cancer.Am 6 months from last chemo and looking to start Herceptin. Just 'found' Aus$70,000 to fund 1 yr treatment.Understand there must be thousands of women wth early breast cancer without access to herceptin. Here in Australia it is only for women with late breast cancer.
shulland is offline   Reply With Quote