HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-10-2005, 06:56 AM   #1
Christine

Joe and I are in Sacramento this weekend attending the Calif. Breast Cancer Research Program Symposium. This program has awarded over $164 million in grants to 73 California research and community organizations since 1994.

California Breast Cancer Research Program

ALL members of The HER2 Support Group must be congratulated as our reputation as an important resource for bc patients is growing. While here, we received many positive comments about our organization.

We also extended invitations to two "legends" in breast cancer research and treatment to join our Board of Advisors. Appointments were accepted by:

Dr. Mark Pegram of the Jonnson Cancer Center
Dr. Mark Pegram

and Dr. M. Ellen Mahoney, a co-founder of the 10-year-old Community Breast Health Project in Palo Alto

Dr. Ellen Mahoney

Hugs and well wishes,
Christine
Old 09-10-2005, 09:31 AM   #2
vpfeiffer

hi Christine--
I have two posts about an article I'm writing, one from yesterday and one from a few minutes ago. Could you tell me more about what was said about this website at the California Breast Cancer Research Program Symposium? I don't need an exact quote, but I would like to mention this in my story, because, as Al said, it's important to mention that while there are many places on the internet where one can get bad information, there are also places where excellent resources and support can be found.

thanks!
Val
Old 09-10-2005, 12:37 PM   #3
StephN

WOW!
We already had some very influential and important people on the HER2support Board, but these are GREAT additions.

Way to go - and don't be shy!

Group round of back-pats for all.
StephN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 02:46 PM   #4
AlaskaAngel

Your time and efforts are very much appreciated, with such wonderful results. Thanks for such good news.

AlaskaAngel
Old 09-10-2005, 06:22 PM   #5
Sandy H.

Great news! This board keeps getting better and better thanks to the efforts from you both Joe and Christine. I don't know what we would do with out this valuable information and great support of so many from around the world. Sandy