HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-29-2004, 11:17 AM   #1
Ruth S

Hi JoJo....well, lets see when I got the news I cried myself silly on our couch and basically passed out on it. I literally hiccuped (sp.?) until I couldn't anymore. I was 36, nursing my new little baby daughter and in the process of selling our home and building a new one. Sleep - HA - I had a hard time finding it! I took tylenol PM a few times but hated the after affects of it in the morning. Nowadays I take Melatonin and it really has helped with the sleeping...but not every night. I have pain in my shouldler from the surgery/scarring still so sometimes it wakes me up. I was truly sleepless for the first two weeks after diagnosis. But then I gradually started getting myself together and then it was much better.

Maybe Lance was sleeping because his body shut itself down mentally to deal with it. I am sure it has happened to others. Think about what new born babies do when they get over stimulated...they fall asleep everywhere and often. Men in general fall asleep easier. If they had to condition themselves to listen for little babies at night they may not be sleeping as well as they do. I am convinced since I had my three kids my sleeping has suffered. I programmed myself to wake up to nurse and listen for every little sound. My sweet hubby sleeps through a tornado!
It would be interesting to know how many people on this board sleep lightly! Doesn't it seem that there are an awful lot of us in our 30's & 40's?
Take care and hope you get a good night sleep!
Ruth
Old 06-29-2004, 11:41 AM   #2
Annemarie

A lot of people sleep when they are depressed. I just lied in bed and stared at a wall in disbelief. There is no script.