HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-05-2006, 04:17 PM   #1
KathyA

What's Next?

Hi
I’ve been on various Chemo treatments for the past 14 months. Everything has been relatively stable until this past week. Had
Taxotere, Carboplaten, Herceptin.
Allergic reaction to Carbo after15 weeks.
Conjestive heart failure from taxotere some time later.
Herceptin and Navelbene
Stopped because of unbearable bone pain
Herceptin and Gemzar
Stopped one week ago progression in all areas bone, liver, lungs

What’s next?

We are going to try navelbene again at a lower dose and try to work up to the prescribed dose. We chose this because when I was on Navelbene it was the only time that there was a reduction in the tumors. But now I’m having second thoughts. Maybe the bone pain was from an allergic reaction.
Anyone have bone pain from Navelbene???
Any other suggestions? I’m kind of stressed.
Thanks for the help and I'll also ask for your prayers.

Last edited by KathyA; 08-05-2006 at 04:19 PM.. Reason: spacing
KathyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 04:49 PM   #2
Chelee

KathyA, I am sure I won't be any help to you but wanted you to know I really feel for you. This sure isn't a easy road we are all on. I was on the Herceptin, taxotere & carbpotin. What kind of allergic reactions did you have from the Carbo? I know it wrecked havoic on my liver levels. Plus I needed a Iron IV infusion. Taxotere was pretty nasty too as I am sure you know all to well.

I am so sorry that chemo regimen caused you so many serious problems. Its bad enough when your trying to fight this beast...then the drugs your on cause problems and have to be switched. Very frustrating to say the least. I had no idea taxotere could cause congestive heart failure...but I guess it should NOT surprise me since all these drugs can have serious side affects.

I haven't been on any of the other drugs you mentioned yet. But there are MANY women here that have and can answer your questions. You probably already know this...but did you have Neulasta by any chance when you started that Navelbene? Because Neulasta can sure cause some SERIOUS bone pain. I was just trying to think of anything for you so that it would ease your mind since that Navelbene was working for you.

At least they are going to try some smaller doses of it. That might do the trick. And many times the body does adjust to these drugs after a few times. I learned that the HARD way.

Hang in there!

I hope this works out for you. Wishing you all the best.

Sending you all my thoughts and prayers.

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 04:52 PM   #3
Barbara H.

I am on Zometa, Navelbine, and Herceptin. The Zometa makes me feel achey as if I have the flu. I also ache from the Navelbine, and it bothers me especially at night. I feel better when I take Advil, although I try take as little as possible. Navelbine is working against my bone mets according to my tumor markers. Good luck. Navelbine can be effective.
Barbara H.
Barbara H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 10:10 PM   #4
Karen t

Hi Kathy A,

I was on weekly Herceptin and Navelbine for 6 mos, took a break, and have been back on weekly H & N now continuously for a year. The only time I notice any pain, e.g. in the area of my tumors, is on the first of the 3 weekly Navelbine treatments after the one-week break.

For everyone who mentioned diarrhea or nausea while on Herceptin, I get diarrhea the day of Herceptin if I exercise too much and especially if I have any milk products - slight lactose intolerance that usually doesn't "get" me unless it's a Herceptin day.

Karen
Karen t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 09:34 AM   #5
Patty H

I had some results with the carbo, taxotere and herceptin, for awhile, then I developed a reaction to the carbo too. That's when we went to xeloda. I noticed you had mentioned that one. Patty H
Patty H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 01:35 PM   #6
KathyA

Wink

Thank you all for responding. I started navelbene, today. The protocal is, I think, is 50 ? and I'm starting on 31 (ml?) on a pump for 24 hours. This is to try to see if it is less toxic to me and we will try to build up to 51 whatever. Everything you all wrote was so positive. I'm looking forward to a deduction in the tumors. Thanks so much.
KathyA is offline   Reply With Quote