HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Herceptin / Tykerb
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Herceptin / Tykerb Share your experiences or ask questions about Herceptin or Tykerb

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-17-2007, 04:07 PM   #1
Joy

drugs should arrive tomorrow

well $2,876.23 later I have the drugs coming to my house tomorrow. I was awarded $7500 from the Patient Access Network Foundation for which I'm very grateful. But a little math and you find this is only good for 3ish months. So I have a little time to strategize. I have a lists of things to do. I am writing a complaint to the insurance company and the Colorado Division of Insurance. I will talk to a medical director after the 23rd about the options and I will also have a letter ready for the GSK rep that comes to the onc office. I will also apply to Healthwell for more assistance. Unless of course the drugs don't work and none of this is worth it.

I'm feeling so overwhelmed right now. Finances are a mess, my other dog Jasmine was diagnosed with cancer today (we lost her companion to melanoma 11/2 years ago). She is about 13 and I know it is to be expected-still really sucks. My last minute CT showed progression in the liver in less than a month, my daughter's big birthday party is tomorrow night at her dad's house and we are trying to organize a treasure hunt (I have to type of 8 treasure maps in "Pirate"...aaargh), I teach my parent/child class on Saturday morning while a huge school benefit garage sale will be happening at my house. I'm filled to the gills with furniture, baby things, tools-REALLY scary tee shirts with semi-trucks and eagles on them and other typical garage sale items. All of which I have to price between today and tomorrow. And I wonder if I should even take the drugs before my class and the garage sale or just wait until Saturday night?-kinda sounds like conversations I used to have in college only the drugs were different.

I'm overwhelmed and worried AGAIN that this treatment will not work and it is the end of the line and I'm freakin' TIRED of it. I'm so sad about my dog.

dx stage I 2/2000*er/pr+; her- per IHC*lumpectomy*4 rounds A/C*30 rads*tamoxifen*dx stage 4 5/2002*huge mets to liver*tiny mets to lungs*stopped tamoxifen*5/02 taxotere/xeloda*her 2 checked with FiSH-her2+++herceptin *2/03 stopped chemo femara w/herceptin*zolodex*04 switched to aromasin w/herceptin*05 high estrogen tx*11/05taxol/carbo*7/06 stopped chemo; megace/herceptin*9/06navelbine/herceptin*5/07tykerb/xeloda great response*4/08 progression in liver; ooph/ faslodex /herceptin
6/08 began Herceptin DM-1
9/08 progression
Joy is offline   Reply With Quote