HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2018, 07:33 AM   #41
Cathya

Re: almost 14 years NED breast cancer and apparently it's back in my lungs

Carol Ann;

FYI my nodes were negative too but being that her2+ cancers love to travel, a 1 cm tumour was found by my oncologist on physical exam in my supraclavicular node. This staged me at 3c and allowed me to have chemotherapy. At that time her2+'s weren't automatically given chemo if no spread was seen to the nodes. I was lucky he found it but it also made me realize that you can never be too careful with this type of cancer. Also, my daughter tells me that hormone positive cancers tend to be the ones that recur after many years. Obviously this doesn't apply to everyone (thank god).

Diagnosed Oct. 2004 3 cm ductal, lumpectomy Nov. 2004
Diagnosed Jan. 2005 tumor in supraclavicular node
Stage 3c, Grade 3, ER/PR+, Her2++
4 AC, 4 Taxol, Radiation, Arimidex, Actonel
Herceptin for 9 months until Muga dropped and heart enlarged
Restarting herceptin weekly after 4 months off
Stopped herceptin after four weekly treatments....score dropped to 41
Finished 6 years Arimidex
May 2015 diagnosed with ovarian cancer
Stage 1C
started 6 treatments of carboplatin/taxol
Genetic testing show BRCA1 VUS
Nice! My hair came back really curly. Hope it lasts lol. Well it didn't but I liked it so I'm now a perm lady
29 March 2018 Lung biopsy following chest CT showing tumours in pleura of left lung, waiting for results to the question bc or ovarian
April 20, 2018 BC mets confirmed, ER/PR+ now Her2-
Questions about the possibility of ovarian spread and mets to bones so will be tested and monitored for these.
To begin new drug Palbociclib (Ibrance) along with Letrozole May, 2018.
Genetic testing of ovarian tumour and this new lung met will take months.
To see geneticist to be retested for BRCA this week....still BRCA VUS
CA125 has declined from 359 to 12 as of Aug.23/18

Cathya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 08:04 AM   #42
Carol Ann

Hi Cathy,

Of course you are absolutely right, and one of my big dilemmas is I had 2 tumors, both ER+, one lobular, in each breast. How does this affect things? It certainly all factors in, especially as you say the risk for ER+ coming back doesn't go away and they can and do recur after many years. As unfortunately you know all too well.

It all totally sucks!!!! I am so sorry again you are having to go through this.

However ... if staying on Arimidex past the 5 year point is barely going to make any appreciable difference anyway in the risk of either cancer recurring/mets, even given the fact I've had 2 tumors vs 1, etc, well then why subject my bones, etc to the other risks associated with Arimidex itself?

If it doesn't lower my risk in the end, why stay on it? The article Laurel posted a few posts back here gave some new stats about how going past the 5 year point is working/not working.

And I need the hard stats to ultimately make this decision. The real numbers.

I apologize for hijacking your thread by bringing all of this up!

Carol Ann
July 24, 2013: "Infected" Right Nipple and benign cyst removed, pathology report revealed Paget's, DCIS, and ILC 1.25 cm, ER+/Pro+/HER2 equivocal, Grade 2 under benign cyst, previous diagnostic mammo/ultrasound said I was perfectly healthy in both breasts.

Aug 18, 2013: MRI report says Left breast is perfectly healthy "consistent with previous studies".

Sept 2013: I insist on a bilateral mastectomy anyway. Too nervewracking to let left breast remain with higher risk after 3 cancers in right, nipple in right is already gone anyhow.

Sept 18, 2013: Bilateral mastectomy, 11 right nodes removed, ALL negative BUT -- ER+/PRO+/HER2+ tumor, 1.0 cm, Grade 2 found in a piece of "grossly unremarkable" breast tissue from prophylactic mastectomy of left breast, no nodes removed.

Oct 25, 2013: 13 left side nodes removed, ALL negative, Stage 1 across the board, NO RADS needed, YAAAAY! Port also installed.

Nov 25, 2013 Begin 6 rounds TCH.

March 10, 2014 Just finished 6th and LAST Chemo today, YAAAAAY!

March 24, 2014 Echocardiogram to make sure I'm still good for Herceptin every 3 weeks.

March 31, 2014 Echo results NORMAL, first Herceptin all by itself. Now if only my eyes would stop streaming from the Taxotere ... :)

April 21, 2014 Started Arimidex and therapy for "mild" lymphedema in left hand and arm

May 2014 Therapy completed, I have sleeves and gloves for both arms, a Flexi touch lymph pump to hook up to for an hour every day, and I've become an arm bandaging expert. :)

June 2014 Begin Fosamax to prevent osteoporosis; bone scan revealed osteopenia

Nov 17, 2014 FINAL Herceptin!

Dec 4, 2014 My right thigh muscle has been extra achy for days ... I discover a blister rash cluster on the side of my right thigh while taking a shower. Port appointment cancelled until Dec 17, my doc is working me in tomorrow afternoon to see me and the rash. My muscle at least feels less achy.

Dec 5, 2014 Yep, I have shingles. Boo! I start acyclovir and also have a prescription for a painkiller just in case for over the weekend.

Dec 17, 2014 Port is OUT!

January 2016 Shingles again and this time it started where my left breast (where the hidden HER2+++ tumor was!) used to be. My onc nurse got me a same day appointment to see my doc when I called and told her I had a rash on the site. The antiviral meds are working once again, though, so that is good news. :)

Last edited by Carol Ann; 04-18-2018 at 08:09 AM.. Reason: added other info
Carol Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 09:49 AM   #43
Cathya

Carol Ann;

I really appreciate these discussions as they are helping me get back into the swing (OMG) of research again. I originally had a grade 3 tumour which with the her2+, ER+PR+ would have it as a luminal B which has a slightly worse prognosis than luminal A's. I was on arimidex for six years which at that time was pushing it as it was 5 years standard. I had a hard time with herceptin and had to go off of it a few times for the heart impact. I really wanted to be on arimidex immediately after I found out about the ovarian cancer and in my heart of hearts I believe it would have had a positive effect. This is because it's a target and having an aggressive cancer (both the breast cancer and ovarian cancer were grade 3 so both aggressive) I felt I needed to be protective at that point. I guess we have to each individually look at the pathologies and decide which is best. I do have osteopenia in my back but it doesn't bother me. I'll find out what happens going forward on Friday.

Cathy

Stage 1C
Nice! My hair came back really curly. Hope it lasts lol. Well it didn't but I liked it so I'm now a perm lady
29 March 2018 Lung biopsy following chest CT showing tumours in pleura of left lung, waiting for results to the question bc or ovarian
Questions about the possibility of ovarian spread and mets to bones so will be tested and monitored for these.

Old 04-18-2018, 10:21 AM   #44
Carol Ann

Cathy,

I am so sorry you weren't able to get the Arimidex when you wanted it.

Praying you have a clear plan in place going forward on Friday.

Yes, each individual pathology makes so much difference.

Please know we are all rooting for you!!

Carol Ann
July 24, 2013: "Infected" Right Nipple and benign cyst removed, pathology report revealed Paget's, DCIS, and ILC 1.25 cm, ER+/Pro+/HER2 equivocal, Grade 2 under benign cyst, previous diagnostic mammo/ultrasound said I was perfectly healthy in both breasts.

Aug 18, 2013: MRI report says Left breast is perfectly healthy "consistent with previous studies".

Sept 2013: I insist on a bilateral mastectomy anyway. Too nervewracking to let left breast remain with higher risk after 3 cancers in right, nipple in right is already gone anyhow.

Sept 18, 2013: Bilateral mastectomy, 11 right nodes removed, ALL negative BUT -- ER+/PRO+/HER2+ tumor, 1.0 cm, Grade 2 found in a piece of "grossly unremarkable" breast tissue from prophylactic mastectomy of left breast, no nodes removed.

Oct 25, 2013: 13 left side nodes removed, ALL negative, Stage 1 across the board, NO RADS needed, YAAAAY! Port also installed.

March 24, 2014 Echocardiogram to make sure I'm still good for Herceptin every 3 weeks.

March 31, 2014 Echo results NORMAL, first Herceptin all by itself. Now if only my eyes would stop streaming from the Taxotere ... :)

April 21, 2014 Started Arimidex and therapy for "mild" lymphedema in left hand and arm

May 2014 Therapy completed, I have sleeves and gloves for both arms, a Flexi touch lymph pump to hook up to for an hour every day, and I've become an arm bandaging expert. :)

Dec 4, 2014 My right thigh muscle has been extra achy for days ... I discover a blister rash cluster on the side of my right thigh while taking a shower. Port appointment cancelled until Dec 17, my doc is working me in tomorrow afternoon to see me and the rash. My muscle at least feels less achy.

Dec 5, 2014 Yep, I have shingles. Boo! I start acyclovir and also have a prescription for a painkiller just in case for over the weekend.

January 2016 Shingles again and this time it started where my left breast (where the hidden HER2+++ tumor was!) used to be. My onc nurse got me a same day appointment to see my doc when I called and told her I had a rash on the site. The antiviral meds are working once again, though, so that is good news. :)
Old 04-21-2018, 08:22 AM   #45
Cathya

I have had a meeting with my new oncologist. I really liked him and felt confident in him which is important. My tumour is now Her2-. I asked him why this was and he said that all tumours hold a variety of cells and the herceptin I took got rid of the her2+ cells. It is still ER/PR+. I haven't looked at the other pathology but am going to register for mychart online which will allow me to look at my entire file, including pathology, scans, comments etc. online at home. He believes there is definitely some weird mutation going on and is having both my ovarian tumour and this one genetically tested. I was so happy to hear this and it is free. I am not starting with chemo but rather a new drug called palbociclib (apparently very effective for hormone positive advanced cancers which are her2 negative) along with letrozole. This new drug palbociclib has only been available in Canada for two months and is $10,000 a month. He is arranging for it's payment so it will be free. I will not have to pay for the genetic testing or the drugs and am very happy with that. I am also seeing a geneticist at the hospital on the 27th who will be testing me so I seem to be covered all round. He thinks that given that my cancer didn't come back quickly I could respond very well to this new drug and will be on it as long as it works. He thinks eventually I will need maintenance chemo.

A couple of other things came up as well. My ca125 continues to raise and there remains fear that I might be having a recurrence of my ovarian cancer. He, along with a OBGYN oncologist will be monitoring this as he said that would require some creative treatment. Palbociclib is a pill. A side effect is that it stops the growth of your blood cells so is taken for 3 weeks every day then you take a week off so your blood can recover. Ovarian recurrences call for chemo apparently and another side effect of the drug is that it interferes with chemo causing it to not be effective. So we'll see. I do have confidence that my life is in good hands though. They are also concerned that the breast cancer might have spread to my bones and will be running a bone scan. I hope not. I am so grateful that I have had the backup of the her2support site as I have known so many women with these types of complications and am not as frightened as I might otherwise be.

As I find out more I will post here. He did tell me that I will never feel as good as I feel right now and that if I have a bucket list I should address it sooner rather than later. Even with this he was enthusiastic about my treatment and the possibility that I might extend the bell curve beyond the 5 year normal life expectancy. That was good to hear but I am starting to make holiday plans lol.

My best to you all

Cathy

Stage 1C

Old 04-21-2018, 02:01 PM   #46
Laurel

Cathy,

This is good news, if we may call it that, but really in light of things it is positive overall. I will pray it has not spread to your bones, so that you may begin this new oral treatment. I am triple positive, so will follow your story with interest, especially regarding this new med. Your new Onc. seems straight forward which I think helps us to see through the fear. I am glad you had a good initial interaction with him.

Your signature does not indicate that you were ever brca tested, not even when you had the ovarian ca pop up. It sounds as thought they will be looking into that now among other things. Really, they seem to be aggressively positioning you to battle this beast again. My money is on you!

Smile On!
Laurel

Dx'd w/multifocal DCIS/IDS 3/08
7mm invasive component
Partial mast. 5/08
Stage 1b, ER 80%, PR 90%, HER-2 6.9 on FISH
0/5 nodes
4 AC, 4 TH finished 9/08
Herceptin every 3 weeks. Finished 7/09
Tamoxifen 10/08. Switched to Femara 8/09
Bilat SPM w/reconstruction 10/08
Clinical Trial w/Clondronate 12/08
Stopped Clondronate--too hard on my gizzard!
Switched back to Tamoxifen due to tendon pain from Femara

15 Years NED
I think I just might hang around awhile....

Laurel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 06:58 PM   #47
Cathya

Laurel;

I updated my signature. Yes I was genetically tested after my ovarian diagnosis and they found a VUS (variation of unknown significance) on the BRCA1. This was basically a negative BRCA. I have been referred back to be retested and will meet with the doctor on the 27th of April. Apparently they have better testing now. I am also grateful that my ovarian and lung met tumour will both be tested genetically. We'll see what results all this offers. I am hopeful. I have told my daughter that I believe the trick to cancer is just to live. Eventually there will be something positive.

Cathy

Stage 1C

Old 04-22-2018, 01:33 PM   #48
Laurel

Cathy,

I agree with you and have the same mantra, just live, stay in the fight b/c new things do come along! I have all the fighters on this forum to thank for that attitude. The whole BRCA thing is still a bit of a mystery to me. Cancer has so many facets, like a many headed hydra, I amazes me that researchers discover and address as much as they do! Such smart, young people! Thank God for them!

Heading up to the great, white north this coming week to Toronto. I have not been in Canada for decades and my first time to Toronto. My son loves the city and tells me to be sure to go to a Tim Horton's (do I have that right?) for some coffee. I will be sure to say a pray for you when I do.

In your corner!

Smile On!
Laurel

Dx'd w/multifocal DCIS/IDS 3/08
7mm invasive component
Partial mast. 5/08
Stage 1b, ER 80%, PR 90%, HER-2 6.9 on FISH
0/5 nodes
4 AC, 4 TH finished 9/08
Herceptin every 3 weeks. Finished 7/09
Tamoxifen 10/08. Switched to Femara 8/09
Bilat SPM w/reconstruction 10/08
Clinical Trial w/Clondronate 12/08
Stopped Clondronate--too hard on my gizzard!
Switched back to Tamoxifen due to tendon pain from Femara

15 Years NED
I think I just might hang around awhile....

Laurel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 02:58 PM   #49
caya

Cathya, sounds like your onc. has a great plan for you. And it's terrific he can arrange for the new drug to be paid for.

Keep us posted and best of luck.

all the best
caya
MRM Dec.18/06
3 x FEC, 3 x Taxotere
Herceptin - every 3 weeks for a year, finished May 8/08

Tamoxifen - 2 1/2 years
Femara - Jan. 1, 2010 - July 18, 2012
BRCA1/BRCA2 Negative
Dignosed 10/16/06, age 48 , premenopausal
Mild lymphedema diagnosed June 2009 - breast surgeon and lymph. therapist think it's completely reversible - hope so.
Reclast infusion January 2012
Oopherectomy October 2013
15 Years NED!!
caya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 04:24 PM   #50
Carol Ann

Cathy,

Your new onc sounds like just the doctor you need to help you deal with all of this, so glad he can get the testing etc for you! That is fantastic!

Praying things continue to be as positive as they can be for you.

Carol Ann

Old 04-23-2018, 08:42 AM   #51
Donna H

Plan to live! Have fun! Be joyful! And eat dessert first if you want to!
Donna H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 05:52 AM   #52
Melissa

Cathy,
Sounds like your doctor plans to get
the best treatment for you!
I'm thinking about you and sending hugs...

04/06, (42), 2cm tumor, 7/13 nodes, one positive node under clavicle
mastectomy/reconstruction
grade 3, stage lllb, er-65+, pr-90+, her2+++(80%)
4/AC, 12wks TH then 6wks rads
40 wks herceptin, and tamoxifen.
onc test tamoxifen resistance = poor metabilizer
04/07 ooph & on arimidex
08/07 completed herceptin

04/2022 - 16 year survivor!
Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 07:21 AM   #53
Cathya

Laurel; What a week to go to Toronto! My son lives there too in the downtown so I was quick to call when I heard about the attack van. Horrible!!

Maya, Carol Ann, Donna and Melissa, thank you so much. Earlier I posted about the three things I wanted to ask my new oncologist about and one of them is a genetic clinical trial called OCTANE. Well it turns out he is the principal investigator for that study. So glad. I thought it was very interesting that my tumour is her2- and his explanation for it that herceptin had taken care of the her2+. I'm going to be very interested in the updated genetic analysis and will post here.

Thank you so much for your thoughts and prays. I will keep updating here anything new I learn.

my best to all,

Cathy

Stage 1C

Old 04-25-2018, 01:27 PM   #54
Carol Ann

Cathy,

That is even MORE good news abut your new onc!! YAY!!!

Praying for you every day!

Carol Ann

Old 04-28-2018, 11:25 AM   #55
Cathya

Hi;

I saw the geneticist yesterday. My oncologist is getting my tumours (ovarian and lung) genetically tested and he said that will take 2 months. In the meantime the geneticist yesterday is excited as there are many more tests to be run on my DNA than the last time I saw her. Because these tests are not available yet in Ontario she is sending my DNA to the US to be tested at the governments expense (can't remember where but if I do I'll post it). It is a 17 panel test of actionable mutations. It will take 3 months she thought. I'll be curious to compare the tumours with my own DNA to see if there's any overlap...or even if there's any mutations from this group. She doesn't think the VUS on my BRCA1 will be identified.

Talk soon, take care everyone and thank you,

Cathy

Stage 1C

Old 04-28-2018, 11:40 AM   #56
Carol Ann

Hi Cathy,

This is great that you are able to have so many more tests done ... praying this leads to an even more individualized, harder hitting treatments for you to knock the mets out!!

Carol Ann

Old 04-28-2018, 03:24 PM   #57
SoCalGal

I’m curious as to why so long for results? I thought it takes them a couple weeks - but 3 months seems excessive. Even if your samples have to go thru customs that’s a long time to wait for vital life saving info. Just ranting on your behalf?! Sending big hugs :-))
‘03 latisimus dorsi flap to remove skin mets. CLEAN MARGINS. Continue single agent Herceptin thru 4/04. NED.
‘04 '05 & 06 tiny recurrences - scar line. surgery to cut out. NED each time.
1/2006 Rads again, to scar line. NED.

3/07 Heartbreaking news - mets! lungs.sternum. Try Tykerb/Xeloda. Tykerb/Carbo/Gemzar. Switch Oncs.
12/07 Herceptin.Tykerb. Markers go stable.
2/8/08 gamma knife 13mm stupid brain met.
3/08 Herceptin/tykerb/avastin/zometa.
3/09 brain NED. Lungs STABLE.
4/09 attack sternum (10 daysPHOTONS.5 days ELECTRONS)
9/09 MARKERS normal!
3/10 PET/CT=manubrium intensely metabolically active but stable. NEDhead.
Wash out 5/10 for tdm1 but 6/10 CT STABLE, PET improving. Markers normal. Brain NED. Resume just Herceptin plus ZOMETA
Dec 2010 Brain NED, lungs/sternum stable. markers normal.
MAR 2011 stop Herceptin/allergy! Go back on Tykerb and switch to Xgeva.
May-Aug 2011 Tykerb Herceptin Xgeva.
Sept 2011 Tykerb, Herceptin, Zometa, Avastin.
April 2012 sketchy drug trial in NYC. 6 weeks later I’m NED!
OCT 2012 PET/CT shows a bunch of freakin’ progression. Back to LA and Herceptin.avastin.zometa.
12/20/12 add in PERJETA!
March 2013 – 5 YEARS POST continue HAPZ
APRIL 2013 - 6 yrs stage 4. "FAILED" PETscan on 4/2/13
May 2013: rePetted - improvement in lungs, left adrenal stable, right 6th rib inactive, (must be PERJETA avastin) sternum and L1 fruckin'worsen. Drop zometa. ADD Xgeva. Doc says get rads consultant for L1 and possible biopsy of L1. I say, no thanks, doc. Lets see what xgeva brings to the table first. It's summer.
June-August 2013HAPX Herceptin Avastin Perjeta xgeva.
Sept - now - on chemo hold for calming tummy we hope. Markers stable for 2 months.
Nov 2013 - Herceptin-Perjeta-Avastin-Xgeva (collageneous colitis, which explains tummy probs, added Entocort)
December '13 BRAIN MRI ned in da head.
Jan 2014: CONTINUING on HAPX…
FEB 2014 PetCT clinical “impression”: 1. newbie nodule - SUV 1.5 right apical nodule, mildly hypermetabolic “suggestive” of worsening neoplastic lesion. 2. moderate worsening of the sternum – SUV 5.6 from 3.8
3. increasing sclerosis & decreasing activity of L1 met “suggests” mild healing. (SUV 9.4 v 12.1 in May ‘13)
4. scattered lung nodules, up to 5mm in size = stable, no increased activity
5. other small scattered sclerotic lesions, one in right iliac and one in thoracic vertebral body similar in appearance to L1 without PET activity and not clearly pathologic
APRIL 2014 - 6 YRS POST GAMMA ZAP, 7 YRS MBC & 18 YEARS FROM ORIGINAL DX!
October 2014: hold avastin, continue HPX
Feb 2015 Cancer you lost. NEDHEAD 7 years post gamma zap miracle, 8 years ST4, +19 yrs original diagnosis.
Continue HPX. Adding back Avastin
Nov 2015 pet/ct is mixed result. L1 SUV is worse. Continue Herceptin/avastin/xgeva. Might revisit Perjeta for L1. Meantime going for rads consult for L1
December 2015 - brain stable. Continue Herceptin, Perjeta, Avastin and xgeva.
Jan 2016: 5 days, 20 grays, Rads to L1 and continue on HAPX. I’m trying to "save" TDM1 for next line. Hope the rads work to quiet L1. Sciatic pain extraordinaire :((
Markers drop post rads.
2/24/16 HAP plus X - markers are down
SCIATIC PAIN DEAL BREAKER.
3/23/16 Laminectomy w/coflex implant L4/5. NO MORE SCIATIC PAIN!!! Healing.
APRIL 2016 - 9 YRS MBC
July 2016 - continue HAP plus Xgeva.
DEC 2016 - PETCT: mets to sternum, lungs, L1 still about the same in size and PET activity. Markers not bad. Not making changes if I don't need to. Herceptin/Perjeta/Avastin/Xgeva
APRIL 2017 10 YEARS MBC
December 2017 - Progression - gonna switch it up
FEB 2018 - Kadcyla 3 cycles ---->progression :(
MAY30th - bronchoscopy, w/foundation1 - her2 enriched
Aug 27, 2018 - start clinical trial ZW25
JAN 2019 - ZW25 seems to be keeping me stable
APRIL 2019 - ONE DOZEN YEARS LIVING METASTATIC
MAY 2019 - progression back on herceptin add xeloda
JUNE 2019 - "6 mos average survival" LMD & CNS new single brain met - one zap during 5 days true beam SBRT to cord met
10/30/19 - stable brain and cord. progression lungs and bones. washing out. applying for ds8201a w nivolumab. hope they take me.
12/27/19 - begin ds8401a w nivolumab. after 2nd cycle nodes melt away. after 3rd cycle chest scan shows Improvement, brain MRI shows improvement, resolved areas & nothing new. switch to plain ENHERTU. after 4th cycle, PETscan shows mostly resolved or improved results. Markers near normal. I'm stunned but grateful.
10/26/20 - June 2021 Tucatinib/xeloda/herceptin - stable ish.
SoCalGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 07:10 PM   #58
Becky

I recently got my genetics redone and it took 9 weeks for the results. I had had brca 1&2 done but they were redone along with about 20 other genes. I have a VUS on a gene called RAD 51 D. So it can take awhile

Becky

Found lump via BSE
Diagnosed 8/04 at age 45
1.9cm tumor, ER+PR-, Her2 3+(rt side)
2 micromets to sentinel node
Stage 2A
left 3mm DCIS - low grade ER+PR+Her2 neg
lumpectomies 9/7/04
4DD AC followed by 4 DD taxol
Used Leukine instead of Neulasta
35 rads on right side only
4/05 started Tamoxifen
Started Herceptin 4 months after last Taxol due to
trial results and 2005 ASCO meeting & recommendations
Oophorectomy 8/05
Started Arimidex 9/05
Finished Herceptin (16 months) 9/06
Arimidex Only
Prolia every 6 months for osteopenia

NED 18 years!

Said Christopher Robin to Pooh: "You must remember this: You're braver than you believe and stronger than you seem and smarter than you think"
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 07:21 PM   #59
SoCalGal

I guess I imagined it would be fast. Good to know, I’m considering a new biopsy. Better get on it, I suck at waiting. <3
‘03 latisimus dorsi flap to remove skin mets. CLEAN MARGINS. Continue single agent Herceptin thru 4/04. NED.
‘04 '05 & 06 tiny recurrences - scar line. surgery to cut out. NED each time.
1/2006 Rads again, to scar line. NED.

3/07 Heartbreaking news - mets! lungs.sternum. Try Tykerb/Xeloda. Tykerb/Carbo/Gemzar. Switch Oncs.
12/07 Herceptin.Tykerb. Markers go stable.
2/8/08 gamma knife 13mm stupid brain met.
3/08 Herceptin/tykerb/avastin/zometa.
3/09 brain NED. Lungs STABLE.
4/09 attack sternum (10 daysPHOTONS.5 days ELECTRONS)
9/09 MARKERS normal!
3/10 PET/CT=manubrium intensely metabolically active but stable. NEDhead.
Wash out 5/10 for tdm1 but 6/10 CT STABLE, PET improving. Markers normal. Brain NED. Resume just Herceptin plus ZOMETA
Dec 2010 Brain NED, lungs/sternum stable. markers normal.
MAR 2011 stop Herceptin/allergy! Go back on Tykerb and switch to Xgeva.
May-Aug 2011 Tykerb Herceptin Xgeva.
Sept 2011 Tykerb, Herceptin, Zometa, Avastin.
April 2012 sketchy drug trial in NYC. 6 weeks later I’m NED!
OCT 2012 PET/CT shows a bunch of freakin’ progression. Back to LA and Herceptin.avastin.zometa.
12/20/12 add in PERJETA!
March 2013 – 5 YEARS POST continue HAPZ
APRIL 2013 - 6 yrs stage 4. "FAILED" PETscan on 4/2/13
May 2013: rePetted - improvement in lungs, left adrenal stable, right 6th rib inactive, (must be PERJETA avastin) sternum and L1 fruckin'worsen. Drop zometa. ADD Xgeva. Doc says get rads consultant for L1 and possible biopsy of L1. I say, no thanks, doc. Lets see what xgeva brings to the table first. It's summer.
June-August 2013HAPX Herceptin Avastin Perjeta xgeva.
Sept - now - on chemo hold for calming tummy we hope. Markers stable for 2 months.
Nov 2013 - Herceptin-Perjeta-Avastin-Xgeva (collageneous colitis, which explains tummy probs, added Entocort)
December '13 BRAIN MRI ned in da head.
Jan 2014: CONTINUING on HAPX…
FEB 2014 PetCT clinical “impression”: 1. newbie nodule - SUV 1.5 right apical nodule, mildly hypermetabolic “suggestive” of worsening neoplastic lesion. 2. moderate worsening of the sternum – SUV 5.6 from 3.8
3. increasing sclerosis & decreasing activity of L1 met “suggests” mild healing. (SUV 9.4 v 12.1 in May ‘13)
4. scattered lung nodules, up to 5mm in size = stable, no increased activity
5. other small scattered sclerotic lesions, one in right iliac and one in thoracic vertebral body similar in appearance to L1 without PET activity and not clearly pathologic
APRIL 2014 - 6 YRS POST GAMMA ZAP, 7 YRS MBC & 18 YEARS FROM ORIGINAL DX!
October 2014: hold avastin, continue HPX
Feb 2015 Cancer you lost. NEDHEAD 7 years post gamma zap miracle, 8 years ST4, +19 yrs original diagnosis.
Continue HPX. Adding back Avastin
Nov 2015 pet/ct is mixed result. L1 SUV is worse. Continue Herceptin/avastin/xgeva. Might revisit Perjeta for L1. Meantime going for rads consult for L1
December 2015 - brain stable. Continue Herceptin, Perjeta, Avastin and xgeva.
Jan 2016: 5 days, 20 grays, Rads to L1 and continue on HAPX. I’m trying to "save" TDM1 for next line. Hope the rads work to quiet L1. Sciatic pain extraordinaire :((
Markers drop post rads.
2/24/16 HAP plus X - markers are down
SCIATIC PAIN DEAL BREAKER.
3/23/16 Laminectomy w/coflex implant L4/5. NO MORE SCIATIC PAIN!!! Healing.
APRIL 2016 - 9 YRS MBC
July 2016 - continue HAP plus Xgeva.
DEC 2016 - PETCT: mets to sternum, lungs, L1 still about the same in size and PET activity. Markers not bad. Not making changes if I don't need to. Herceptin/Perjeta/Avastin/Xgeva
APRIL 2017 10 YEARS MBC
December 2017 - Progression - gonna switch it up
FEB 2018 - Kadcyla 3 cycles ---->progression :(
MAY30th - bronchoscopy, w/foundation1 - her2 enriched
Aug 27, 2018 - start clinical trial ZW25
JAN 2019 - ZW25 seems to be keeping me stable
APRIL 2019 - ONE DOZEN YEARS LIVING METASTATIC
MAY 2019 - progression back on herceptin add xeloda
JUNE 2019 - "6 mos average survival" LMD & CNS new single brain met - one zap during 5 days true beam SBRT to cord met
10/30/19 - stable brain and cord. progression lungs and bones. washing out. applying for ds8201a w nivolumab. hope they take me.
12/27/19 - begin ds8401a w nivolumab. after 2nd cycle nodes melt away. after 3rd cycle chest scan shows Improvement, brain MRI shows improvement, resolved areas & nothing new. switch to plain ENHERTU. after 4th cycle, PETscan shows mostly resolved or improved results. Markers near normal. I'm stunned but grateful.
10/26/20 - June 2021 Tucatinib/xeloda/herceptin - stable ish.
SoCalGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 08:42 AM   #60
Cathya

Thinking of you SoCalGal. The biopsy results wouldn't take 3 months. The pathology report would only be likely 10 days. Then they send the specimen on for genetic testing. You could learn important things from both.

Take care and so appreciate everyone's comments and opinions, bless you,

Cathy

Stage 1C