HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Profiles In Courage
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2006, 10:55 AM   #1
Dace

Cool My profile...scary...frustrating

I was diagnosed on 1/31/2005 with invasive ductctal carcinoma er/pr- and her2+. I had a lumpectomy, 10 of 17 nodes were positive, followed by 4 ac and 4 taxol. Then at my 6 month post surgery mammo, they saw calcifications, so i had another biopsy which did show cancer, so I had another lumpectomy on 10/11/05 (3 days after my 34th birthday), no clear margins. Had another lumpectomy on 10/31/05 and then started radiation 12/5/05. Finished rads on January 06. In April I started herceptin. Also in April, I found a red spot on the lumpecotmy breast, which after 11 days of antibiotics and no response, turned out to be Inflammatory Breast Cancer. Had a mastectomy on May 18, 2006. two weeks after my surgery I saw a spot just above the scar that did not get better after a week, so I went back to see my Dr. and guess What? still have IBC! Still doing herceptin although it does not seem to be working. My current onc does not seem to agree. I finally got a referral to City of Hope (here in Southern California) and the onc there wants to start Gemzar/Carboplatin to see if we can get it to respond to something and then maybe eventually a clinical trial for DD chemo followed by a stem cell transplant. I am beyond frustrated and scared. I am 34, my children are 6 and 8 and I want to see them grow up, so i am willing to do anything to make that happen, I just need hope that this could still be ok.
Thanks...
Dace is offline   Reply With Quote