HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-30-2003, 11:31 PM   #1
Eleanor

Hi Elaine,
I was diagnosed with mets in April 2002 to the bones. I had numerous tumors in my spine, hips and skull. I went on a weekly combo of taxotere, carboplatin and herceptin and stayed pretty stable. I did have to have more radiation to my spine and ribs because of tumor growth and pain.
I was fortunate that the disease did not progress to any organs while on these drugs. I am one of the lucky ones.
In terms of diet or alternative meds/vitamins/herbs - I'm not sure I believe any of it. There is so much hype out there and so many of these manufacturers and diet gurus seem to be blaming us for causing this cancer due to us not folllowing their advice. PHOOEY. We come from too many walks of life to be told we caused this horrible disease due to poor eating habits.
I try to eat a balanced diet and I don't take any supplements for fear that it would interfere with chemo. I drink alot of water and have quit drinking diet coke. I don't eat alot of junk food or sugar, and I also gave up beer (maybe an occasional one here and there).
Other than that, I just keep putting my faith in GOD and I just pray that he is going to keep me on this earth with my family for many years to come.
El
Old 12-01-2003, 02:28 AM   #2
Elaine, UK

Thanks Eleanor. Keep up the good work :>)

Elaine