HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2003, 08:41 AM   #1
Lisa

Hello friends. I am trying to find out how many injections of Navelbine/Herceptin any of you have had. I've been doing weekly (almost) since mid-Sept. and am feeling weaker and weaker, yet my tumor markers are down. Next week, I do CT scans for a visual. If you have done this combo, please let me know how many you have had before you stopped. Thanks.
Love and light to all,
Lisa
Old 12-04-2003, 09:46 AM   #2
Patty H

The first time I took that combo, my doctor just set a 4 to 6 month time. I didn't have any problems with it so we did the 6 months. Patty H
Old 12-04-2003, 09:52 AM   #3
Kathie in New Jersey

I was on that combo for 6 rounds. I had it three weeks and one week off. I tolerated it very well
Old 12-04-2003, 10:21 AM   #4
Sandy

I had 6 treatments only because, it didn't work for me. I lost my appetite, could kill for sugar, couldn't sleep, and was vey tired and weak. I couldn't imagine having more treatments. Part of being tired was from the Herceptin which didn't work either. Hugs, Sandy
Old 12-04-2003, 01:31 PM   #5
Lyn

Hi there, I had about 40 doses and have only just stopped recently because I was due for surgery. Are you having a blood test before each dose? My blood was down only 2 so I missed out on the weekly so I asked if I could have it 2 weekly single Navelbine and double Herceptin because if figured if I missed a week when my blood was low then it wouldn't hurt having it 2 weekly then I got fed up with just about living at the hospital so I have been on triple herceptin and single navelbine three weekly for quite a while and a recent stay in hospital with heart failure no reaction from the chemo but thyroid treatment so it meant I hadn't had Herceptin for 5 weeks so I had a dose and took Aromasin with it and my next tumour marker CA 15-3 was 7 the lowest it has ever been so I have been NED for a while and happy to stay on the Herceptin with the Aromasin. My tumour markers have always been under 30 but that didn't mean I didn't have lymph involvement because I did. Hope this helps, the CT scan will put you at ease.

Love & Hugs

Lyn
Old 12-04-2003, 03:11 PM   #6
Lolly

I had Navelbine/Herceptin weekly for 6 months, then went to just Herceptin. I tolerated Navelbine well, although had to cut back to 1/2 dose several times due to low blood counts. Good luck!
Lolly
Old 12-05-2003, 09:04 AM   #7
Maggie in Maryland

Lisa,

I have completed 12 cycles of Navalbine/Herceptin and seem to be tolderating it. However, I suffer from fatigue now and then. A cycle includes two weeks on Navelbine and one week off. Herceptin is weekly. My dr. has suggested spreading out the treatments but I would rather go weekly and get more of an even dosage.

Hugs,
Maggie in Maryland
Old 12-05-2003, 12:38 PM   #8
JaneP

I've been on this combo almost every week since last March with no end in sight. Lungs, liver and bones are clear, so that is the main thing. I have had 3 Procrit shots and I take 2 Neupogen shots most weeks. This keeps the CBC normal.

Jane

Tags
gfp