HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-15-2003, 01:09 AM   #1
Paula

Hi!

Anyone who has liver mets what were your symptoms? Did you have physical symptoms or was it found by a specific test. I hate telling my doctor I have more pain in my right side (you begin to feel like a hypochondriac). Thanks. Love and blessings . . . Paula
Old 12-15-2003, 02:02 AM   #2
kathy

I have liver mets and didn't have any symptoms at all. They found it doing a routine CT before my surgery.
Old 12-15-2003, 02:43 AM   #3
Kitty

I had what we thought was a gallbladder attack and my mets were discovered during ultrasound test and confirmed by CT. I have had no other pains other than that instance and no one believes it is associated - just a coincidence - lucky for me that we found the mets.
Old 12-15-2003, 03:32 AM   #4
Elaine, UK

Dear Paula

Yes, I had some of these symptoms. Could also be bone perhaps? Best get it checked. AST, ALT, Alkaline Phosphatase and GGT blood tests will confirm whether there are any problems with your liver.

Hope everything works out fine for you.
Elaine x
Old 12-15-2003, 05:27 AM   #5
cindy h

I did not appear to have any symptoms. It was found with routine tumor marker follow-up to initial bc. Two months prior to that I developed a slight pain in my upper left side which onc's agree is referred pain from the liver. I never had pain where the liver is. Good luck.
Old 12-15-2003, 02:53 PM   #6
Lisa`

The one pain that I now know was a symptom was a very specific pain around my right shoulder blade--actually sort of under it. I thought it was just a tight muscle for a long time. But it is definitely a symptom of liver disease.

Best of luck with lots of love and light,

Lisa
Old 12-16-2003, 08:29 AM   #7
Anonymous

hi paula-
i had a single liver met that progressed to multiple liver mets while on chemo, but never had any physical symptoms & had completely normal liver function tests/labs the entire time.when I had the lesions biopsied, I did have referred pain into the from of my R shoulder, but that's it.Despite it all, I had all kinds of psycho-somatic pain/sensation of "things" in my liver.
Many times it was just gas!
Hope it's just gas for you, too!
Take good care,
Jessica
Old 12-17-2003, 02:39 PM   #8
chand

I had matecttomy in 1994 & lumtecttomy on the scar in 1998. In this year, on a routine ct scan for the whole abdorman (to check my horseness that I got in July, that later disappeared on its own) revailed a small tumor in the liver. Prior to this, sometimes I had a stabbing pain in my chest which is difculty to locate. Later, in November, when I lost 2KG and appetite, 2nd ct scan showed another small tumor. I am still trying to check whether I am HR2+, for herceptin. Anyhow, I have decided to go with XELODA and I started on 12th then I am still in hospital bed due to the strong side effects, severe chest pain, headache + vommiting. I have stopped taking it for the moment, but will continue again with a small dose after the recovery.
Hope my information will assist you.
hugs & good luck.
Chand