HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Articles of Interest
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-15-2006, 02:39 AM   #1
R.B.

Flouride additatives oral products - impact on immume system? stimulates superoxides?

I checked my mouth wash - contains flouride
Tooth paste - Contains flouride
Flouride rinse - contains flouride

and once again I thought I was doing well..............

Hmmm... Thought provoking........... What else?

Why did I do the above - I came across this whilst searching on neutrophils and super oxidation which relates to immune system funtion etc.

I have not checked out the links cited but looking for the trial that I originally found suggested there be be other trials on flouride and the immune system mechanims.

There is also suggestion of bone cancer etc.

I have previoulsy seen the subject of the potential fro excess flouride due to water flouridation combined with product flouridation.

I have also noted that omega three may help with bone density and rebuild in peridontal trials.

I will be reviewing the dental products I use!!.

RB

ABSTRACT

http://www.healthy-communications.co...roduction.html

" 4. Fluoride confuses the immune system and causes it to attack the body's own tissues, and increases the tumor growth rate in cancer prone individuals.

Alfred Taylor and Nell C. Taylor, "Effect of Sodium Fluoride on Tumor Growth," Proceedings of the Society for Experimental Biology and Medicine, Vol. 119, p. 252 (1965); Sheila Gibson, "Effects of Fluoride on Immune System Function," Complementary Medical Research, Vol. 6, pp. 111-113 (1992); Peter Wilkinson, "Inhibition of the Immune System With Low Levels of Fluorides," Testimony before the Scottish High Court in Edinburgh in the Case of McColl vs.Strathclyde Regional Council, pp. 17723-18150, 19328-19492, and Exhibit 636, (1982); D. W. Allman and M. Benac, "Effect of Inorganic Fluoride Salts on Urine and Cyclic AMP Concentration in Vivo," Journal of Dental Research, Vol. 55 (Supplement B), p. 523 (1976); S. Jaouni and D. W. Allman, "Effect of Sodium Fluoride and Aluminum on Adenylate Cyclase and Phosphodiesterase Activity," Journal of Dental Research, Vol. 64, p. 201 (1985).................................

8. Fluoride promotes development of bone cancer.

J.K. Mauer, et al., "Two-Year Cacinogenicity Study Of Sodium Fluoride In Rats," Journal of the National Cancer Institute, Vol. 82, pp. 1118-1126 (1990); Proctor and Gamble Carcinogenicity Studies with Sodium Fluoride in Rats" National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences Presentation, July 27, 1985; S. E. Hurdley et al., "Drinking Water Fluoridation and Osteosarcoma," Canadian Journal of Public Health, Vol. 81, pp. 415-416 (1990); P. D. Cohn, "A Brief Report on the Association of Drinking Water Fluoridation and Incidence of Osteosarcoma in Young Males," New Jersey Department of Health, Trenton, New Jersey, Nov. 1992; M. C. Mahoney et al., "Bone Cancer Incidence Rates in New York," American
"
R.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 04:27 AM   #2
RhondaH

Smile This is why I HATE that Grand Rapids puts fluoride

in the water (and I'm paying for this water). I'll be honest, I USED to think these organic, overly health consious people were freaks...well, say hello to the NEW freak

Rhonda

Dx 2/1/05, Stage 1, 0 nodes, Grade 3, ER/PR-, HER2+ (3.16 Fish)
2/7/05, Partial Mastectomy
5/18/05 Finished 6 rounds of dose dense TEC (Taxotere, Epirubicin and Cytoxan)
8/1/05 Finished 33 rads
8/18/05 Started Herceptin, every 3 weeks for a year (last one 8/10/06)

2/1/13...8 year Cancerversary and I am "perfect" (at least where cancer is concerned;)

" And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln
RhondaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 08:43 AM   #3
Tom

I hate it

R.B., I despise the involuntary fluoride additions in tap water, and the additional amounts found in everything but Jello. It makes me crazy. I used to laugh each time I watched the colonel in Dr. Strangelove rant on about fluoridated water ruining man's "precious bodily fluids", but it ain't funny anymore.

Not too long before Mom's diagnosis, she was treated for an extended period of time with a fluoroquinolone class antibiotic (Cipro) for an infection. I was not told that it might lower her seizure threshold regarding her vascular dementia, and sure enough, she began having grand mal seizures one night. Then later of course, I found the lump in her breast. Did it CAUSE the cancer? We'll never know. Did it stimulate a precancerous tissue to erupt into a full blown malignancy? Maybe. I have since avoided any introduction of fluorine at all costs.

It's getting to the point that you are afraid to eat or drink much of what comes off the shelf at your grocery store or out of your pipes at home.
It takes me far longer to shop these days, as I find myself leaning on the shelf while I read the ingredients in each item I purchase. Yesterday I dropped a large can of tomatoes on my foot while doing just that, and hobbled out of the store in disgust...another toxic chemical related injury...lol.

Tom

Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 09:10 PM   #4
heblaj01

Fluoride & thyroid

Before the invention of better treatments fluoride used to be a medication for hyperthyroidism.
This means that ingesting large amounts of fluoride may be a factor contributing to hypothyroidism in normal subjects not taking Synthroid. Since the thyroid is indirectly involved in many metabolic processes this could have long term side effects.

Incidentally, green tea leaves contain a fair amount of natural fluoride so that green tea extract pills are high in fluoride due to the concentration effect.

You can get a lot of critical comments on fluoridation on the website of Dr Mercola.
heblaj01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 04:52 AM   #5
R.B.

Thank you for the information.

http://www.tldp.com/issue/157-8/157fluor.htm

I have skimmed very quickly through this and am shocked

- concentration in food prepared in flourided water eg peas.

- inclusion in some processed products

- fruit juices due to inclusion in some pesticides.

And comment on percussor of bone cancer in rats ..................

Human nature at work again?

How many other things is this dynamic applicable to.

RB
R.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 07:28 AM   #6
RobinP

I believe scant amounts of Flouride ingestion is benign as it is ubiquitous in nature and found in many food sources, natural and processed. Flouride and phosphorus are used along with calcium, and vit d in bone mineralization. However, again only very small amounts of phosphorus and flouride are required for this process. High levels of either compound are toxic. In fact, Flouride used to be used as rat poisoning. Of course, this was flouride in large amounts.

I don't believe in flourization of water nor do I believe that flouride supplements should be given to children for dental health who drink well water. Certainly, flouride used as a dental product in toothpaste has some advantages, including dental cavity reduction and desensitizing sensitive teeth. I couldn't live without it for my sensitive teeth. However, I do rinse well and sip following brushing, eliminating any ingestion.
Old 07-16-2006, 06:07 PM   #7
Unregistered

There are a few towns in the U.S that have naturally high fluoride levels in their water. What researchers have found is that those people exposed to high levels of fluoride have brown spots on their teeth and the elderly have stronger bones. They do NOT have an increased risk or incidence of cancers. If anyone has concerns you can research it through doing a google search.
P.S. I am married to a dentist who also has a Ph.D. in biological chemistry who used to do cancer research.