HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-31-2012, 02:13 PM   #1
turtle

BiRads 3-

hi everyone- I had an MRI in April, and it came back BiRads 3, I have 2 very small, 2mm and 3mm foci, "probably benign", in the surgical cavity.
I have already been thru treatment- surgery, TCH, rads, -
I am 3 months past my last Herceptin.
I have consulted with 5 doctors- they all say the same thing- relax. It is very common, almost every breast that has had as much surgery as I have had comes back with the same results- They all agree that it is probably benign, that the foci are too small to see any other way, and that it is best to wait the 6 months and then have another MRI. They say if I do it too soon, there may not be any changes, and they may miss something- so wait.
I am mostly fine with this- but every once in awhile I freak out, thinking what if it is the worst, and here I am waiting around for 6 months-
I just today wrote my surgeon and she says she knows it is hard, but to wait- that if we do the follow up MRI too early, it may miss something.
Anyone out there with any advice for me?

thanks so much-
Turtle
turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:36 PM   #2
tricia keegan

Re: BiRads 3-

Hi Turtle,

I'm assuming you had breastcancer in the past? I looked it up and found this link which confirms what you know already that the chances are this is benign http://www.radiologyassistant.nl/en/4349108442109

I too had a knot after surgery and rads but my surgeon decided against a biopsy and said it was scar tissue and he's been proved right with time and I also agreed and hope the same for you
Rads x 36 ..oophorectomy August '06
Currently taking Arimidex..
June 2011 osteopenia/ zometa x1 yearly- stopped Zometa 2015 as Dexa show normal bone density.
Stopped Arimidex July 2014- Restarted Arimidex 2015 for a further two years on the advice of my Onc.
2014 Normal Dexa scan
2018 Mammo all clear, still NED!
tricia keegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:12 PM   #3
turtle

Tricia, thanks so much for that link, it is very informative- and yes, I had breast cancer, I was Her2 +++, Est+, Pr- , 1.2 cm IDC, with DCIS.

I know the chances are 98% that everything is fine and the foci are benign, after all I've been thru tho, it's hard to relax about it. I am sure you understand that!!

thanks again for sharing that website with me,

best regards-
Turtle.
turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:51 PM   #4
tricia keegan

Glad it helped Turtle and it sounds like your Dr's are on top of this and I'm sure it will be fine but of course can understand your anxiety!
Rads x 36 ..oophorectomy August '06
Currently taking Arimidex..
June 2011 osteopenia/ zometa x1 yearly- stopped Zometa 2015 as Dexa show normal bone density.
Stopped Arimidex July 2014- Restarted Arimidex 2015 for a further two years on the advice of my Onc.
2014 Normal Dexa scan
2018 Mammo all clear, still NED!
tricia keegan is offline   Reply With Quote