HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-29-2005, 06:59 AM   #1
Rhonda4

I had my LOADING dose of a 3wk regimen of Herceptin alone on 8/18/05 ( I was dx w/ Stage 1, Grade 3, No nodes, ER/PR-, Her2+ on 2/1/05, had partial mastectomy on 2/7/05, finished 6 rounds of dose dense Taxotere, Epirubicin & Cytoxan on 5/18/05 followed by 33 rads). After my last dose of chemo I became anemic (8.1 rbc), but refused a blood transfusion due to the other risk factors. About a month later I was at 10.9, not sure what it was when I started Herceptin. Shortly after starting Herceptin I began experiencing dizziness (off and on). When I checked the Herceptin side effects it showed that this occured in 13% of the cases. Did any of you experience it after the loading dose and did it go away in time?
Old 08-29-2005, 07:50 AM   #2
mts

I actually felt pretty good after the 1st loading dose. The 2nd dose however left me feeling like I had a hangover. Dizzy !!! I felt like I could not look up or sideways very fast or my head would "spin". I still have a little "twinge" of nausea. Very tolerable - no meds for any side effects.

My dizziness lasted about 5 days. I got to the point where I did not feel comfortable driving a car. But now I am back on the road as the family Taxi!

My blood pressure also went up. The onc's main concern was that my blood pressure was higher than normal for a few days. This was last week. I got a brain MRI and an EKG because of the dizziness. Everything came back OK thank God! I too have the exact Stage I Dx as you- only I am 5% ER positive.

I go in for round three of Herceptin this coming Friday. Onc feels that I can go in every 2 weeks if I want. I hate being dizzy- but would rather have this than chemo again!

Maria
Old 08-29-2005, 04:05 PM   #3
Lisa

My loading dose literally sent me into shock. Crashed BP, O2 levels, no blood clotting, etc. and life in the ICU for 3 tentative days, then into the regular hospital for 6 more. Don't remember dizzy, but do remember close to death.

Love and light,

Lisa
Old 08-29-2005, 04:36 PM   #4
Rhonda4

Oh my gosh Lisa, and they STILL let you continue? Was that the 3 week or weekly? Was the next dose easier?