HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Profiles In Courage
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2004, 11:27 AM   #1
Jackie

My Story - Jackie

I had cystic breast disease and thought this lump was just another cyst...what a dummy! I was diagnosed Oct 2000 w/ a lobular malignancy in left breast. My surgeon said lobular tumors go from nothing to huge in no time. Had A/C before surgery (mastectomy) followed by taxol then radiation. Tumor was Her2+++ grade 3 ER+ 9 out of 11 nodes +. Radiation spoiled plans to proceed with implants by causing tough non elastic tendons/muscles. Physical therapist is concerned about future back difficulties if muscle is removed from abdomen for the flap procedure so am still dealing with prothesis. Tamoxifen gave me a blood clot almost immediately so began Femara in fall 2001. Mets to bones dx in Dec 2002 and began zometa + various hormonal therapies none of which were effective. Started herceptin + navelbine in July 2003 with good results until my CA 27/29 took a sudden jump in Jan 2004. My CA 27/29 was as high as 3300 at one time but dropped significantly while on navelbine but is still in the 700 range. Everyone mentions levels which are so much lower that I wonder if I'll ever get to NED! This week my onc and I will decide what combo to try next. I am very fortunate in that I have never had any major ill effects from chemo but I DREAD losing my hair again! But in the scheme of things I guess it shouldn't be so important to me. This website has given me so much information! Blessings and best wishes to everyone!