HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2016, 11:12 PM   #1
waterdreamer

Cancer as a Metabolic Disease, are we treating cancer incorreclty?

I thought I would share this information with anyone who may be interested. It is both exciting and thought provoking.

Firstly here are two books I recommend as a beginning point;
Cancer as a Metabolic Disease by Professor Thomas Seyfried for those that are more scientifically inclined.

This is exciting to watch!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEE-oU8_NSU

Tripping over the Truth by Travis Christofferson this is a layman's version of Cancer as a Metabolic Disease.

They have found that diabetics on Metformin have a very low cancer incidence. Metformin lowers blood glucose. Enlibrium is trying to create analogs of metformin for cancer treatment because metformin is no longer a money maker or maybe they can make it more effective?
http://medcitynews.com/2015/12/enlib...r-cancer/?rf=1

There is so much good work and research being done, but because there is no major profit in the work they are doing, they need funding and these are not the only clinical trials in this predicament.

Please also see this link by Dr. Dominic D'Agostino at the University of Florida. He is doing amazing work.

https://www.ketovangelist.com/episod...enous-ketones/

Here are some very interesting links to look at:

http://www.ketogenic-diet-resource.c...diet-plan.html

10% of the funds from purchasing this book go to studies run by Prof Seyfried

http://ketonutrition.blogspot.com/20...l?view=classic

I hope this helps someone. I am on day 2 of fasting to get into ketosis and it is tough in the beginning. But I feel great, and I am starving cancer!!!

Healing and Health to all.
Fern
Nov 2009 Mets to lungs and bones.
Dec 2009 Start Taxotere and Herceptin, T1, T3 heal completely and lungs are clear, T2 and first rib have lytic lesions. First rib becomes sclerotic. Considered stable.
May 2011, Onc calls progression and I cross over from comparison arm of clinical trial to TDM-1
Brain scan in Sept 2011 showed small tumor in right cerebellum, did Novalis radiation.

Feb 2013 < 1cm tumor in left frontal lobe. Did Novalis in March and latest scan shows no sign of brain metastasis.
Aug 2013 did 36th round of TDM-1 Due to TDM-1 side effects, shortness of breath, and difficulty getting my balance when getting out of bed, agreed with my oncologist to stop TDM-1.
Took a six week break, bone scan showed small uptake on left first rib. CT showed hypodensities in liver (too small to biopsy) and small nodule in lungs (mediastinal).
Started Navelbine weekly. Did one round with Herceptin.
Skipped next 2 rounds, due to neutropenia. Next chemo 7th Nov - have had 3 Neupogen shots, so WBC should look better... Did not tolerate Navelbine well.
December 2013 scans show no sign of active cancer.
March 2014 - currently only on Herceptin - brain MRI clear, PET/CT two nodules in right lung show uptake
May 2014 - stop Herceptin.
Sept 22, 2014 Brain MRI clear :) PET/CT Progression in lungs.
Sept 2014, Xeloda, Tykerb and Herceptin.
Nov 2014 - Decide to take a break from all treatment.
May 2015 - Brain met radiated with Novalis
July 2015 - Have progression in right lung.
Sept 2015 - Perjeta and Herceptin alone after a 9 month break from all treatment.
Nov 2015 - Thoracentesis 1500ml removed from right lung.
Dec 2015 - Two tiny 1mm brain mets radiated in right cerebellum.
Feb 2016 - Thoracentesis 2200ml drained from right lung
Feb 2016 - Stopped Perjeta and Herceptin and started back on Kadcyla as I had no previous progression on it. After 1 cycle of Kadcyla markers begin to drop. On second cycle add Keytruda.
March 2016 - Thoracentesis 1650ml drained from right lung.
April 2016 – Thoracentesis 1500 ml drained from right lung.
June 2016 – CT scan shows progression in right lung, as well as moderate pleural effusion requiring Thoracentesis.
June 2016 – Decide to stop Keytruda, and will do chemosensitivity test through Rational Therapeutics. Plan to continue on Kadcyla for next two cycles.
July 2016 - Start weekly Abraxane with Herceptin. WBRT with hippocampal sparing, Taking Namenda. 15 sessions over 3 weeks.
Aug - Dec 2016 - 2 infusions of Navelbine, very hard on my body and still dealing with anasarca (generalized edema) 1 infusion of Havalen
My doctor wants to put me on hospice.
Dec 23rd 2016 - I am granted compassionate use of Neratanib.
May 31st 2017 - still on Neratinib, feeling good.
waterdreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 11:44 AM   #2
thinkpositive

Re: Cancer as a Metabolic Disease, are we treating cancer incorreclty?

Fern,

Thanks for the info. I'm going to order the first book you recommended in your post. I like the scientific stuff.

I'm wondering if you take or have taken Metformin? It seems that a number of people on this site have. Just wondering if I should ask my onc about taking it also.

Take Care,
Brenda
9/2013 After 1st round of chemo, mass in neck and breast no longer able to feel
11/2013 Hysterectomy, mass from PET/CT scan not cancer (adenomylosis)
12/2013 Finished chemo
1/2014 Double mastectomy with chest expanders
1/2014 Pathology report from surgery and SNB show complete pathological response!
3/2014 Finish IMRT radiation
8/2014 Fat transfer to radiated breast
8/2014 Completed 1 yr of Herceptin
10/2014 exchange surgery expanders removed implants placed
6/2015 3D nipple and areola tattoos
thinkpositive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 01:48 PM   #3
waterdreamer

Hi Brenda,

I do have a presciption for Metformin and I do take it, but not regularly. I am considering making it a staple of my Ketogenic diet - I will have to see how it works.

There are a number of our sisters on this site, who take metformin or are on clinical trials for metformin. You may want to start a new thread on Metformin and you may get more responses.

Here is a link you may find interesting:
http://www.integrativeoncology-essen...erence-oncanp/

If you ask your doctor for a prescription, you may want to print out the article that I linked to the company making drug analogs for cancer based off Metformin.

I did try the slow release Metformin, but it made me really sick. I take the regular Metformin.

Healing wishes
Fern
Dec 2009 Start Taxotere and Herceptin, T1, T3 heal completely and lungs are clear, T2 and first rib have lytic lesions. First rib becomes sclerotic. Considered stable.
May 2011, Onc calls progression and I cross over from comparison arm of clinical trial to TDM-1
Brain scan in Sept 2011 showed small tumor in right cerebellum, did Novalis radiation.

Feb 2013 < 1cm tumor in left frontal lobe. Did Novalis in March and latest scan shows no sign of brain metastasis.
Aug 2013 did 36th round of TDM-1 Due to TDM-1 side effects, shortness of breath, and difficulty getting my balance when getting out of bed, agreed with my oncologist to stop TDM-1.
Took a six week break, bone scan showed small uptake on left first rib. CT showed hypodensities in liver (too small to biopsy) and small nodule in lungs (mediastinal).
Skipped next 2 rounds, due to neutropenia. Next chemo 7th Nov - have had 3 Neupogen shots, so WBC should look better... Did not tolerate Navelbine well.
March 2014 - currently only on Herceptin - brain MRI clear, PET/CT two nodules in right lung show uptake
Sept 2015 - Perjeta and Herceptin alone after a 9 month break from all treatment.
Feb 2016 - Stopped Perjeta and Herceptin and started back on Kadcyla as I had no previous progression on it. After 1 cycle of Kadcyla markers begin to drop. On second cycle add Keytruda.
June 2016 – CT scan shows progression in right lung, as well as moderate pleural effusion requiring Thoracentesis.
June 2016 – Decide to stop Keytruda, and will do chemosensitivity test through Rational Therapeutics. Plan to continue on Kadcyla for next two cycles.
July 2016 - Start weekly Abraxane with Herceptin. WBRT with hippocampal sparing, Taking Namenda. 15 sessions over 3 weeks.
Aug - Dec 2016 - 2 infusions of Navelbine, very hard on my body and still dealing with anasarca (generalized edema) 1 infusion of Havalen
Old 01-21-2016, 03:33 PM   #4
thinkpositive

Fern,

Thanks for the response. I will ask my onc about taking metformin as well as starting a new post.

Hope you are doing well.

Take Care,
Brenda
9/2013 After 1st round of chemo, mass in neck and breast no longer able to feel
11/2013 Hysterectomy, mass from PET/CT scan not cancer (adenomylosis)
12/2013 Finished chemo
1/2014 Double mastectomy with chest expanders
1/2014 Pathology report from surgery and SNB show complete pathological response!
3/2014 Finish IMRT radiation
8/2014 Fat transfer to radiated breast
8/2014 Completed 1 yr of Herceptin
10/2014 exchange surgery expanders removed implants placed
6/2015 3D nipple and areola tattoos
thinkpositive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 09:28 PM   #5
forher

Hi waterdreamer,
Thanks for sharing! I'm always looking for a good read!

I just started reading the lucky years.
Sorry the link is not live. I'm typing from my phone.
http://books.simonandschuster.com/Th.../9781476712109

How is ketosis/ fasting coming along? I started kerogenic diet in Dec 2015 to prepare for SRS. I got into ketosis by low caloric meals. I took advantage of the time I had a very low appetite. I'm back in ketosis now (keto strips) and planning to keep it as I get ready for chemo next week. But this time I'm eating good fats and protein. Let me know how it's going for you!
forher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 03:37 PM   #6
waterdreamer

I am on day 4 of a water fast and I feel incredible. I have so much energy and mental clarity. If anyone is interested, I will start another thread on water fasting. When I start eating again, I will start on the ketogenic diet. I am wanting to go vegan ketogenic diet. Prof Seyfried, highly recommended the Hippocrates Diet minus the fruits. I also listened to an interview where someone asked him what he would do if he got cancer. His answer is that he would stop eating. There are so many references in ancient texts, and the bible that refer to fasting for healing. If you are interested I can post more on this.

Old 01-25-2016, 11:44 PM   #7
VDC

I did a search of sources that I find reputable such as medscape etc and much to my surprise, there is some preliminary research into the idea. It does appear to have merit, although there aren't any comprehensive studies done yet.

There is also a clinical trial that is recruiting patients for this diet. Saw it on clinicaltrials.gov

I'm going to give it a whirl. Suggestions on what to eat would be appreciated!
VDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 12:13 AM   #8
Jackie07

No, cancer is not a Metabolic Disease. But certain diet strategy might help.

Eur J Clin Invest. 2016 Jan 18. doi: 10.1111/eci.12591. [Epub ahead of print]
Ketogenic Diets: From Cancer To Mitochondrial Diseases And Beyond.
Branco AF1, Ferreira A1, Simões RF1, Magalhães-Novais S1, Zehowski C2, Cope E3, Silva AM1, Pereira D1, Sardão VA1, Cunha-Oliveira T1.
Author information
Abstract
BACKGROUND:
The employment of dietary strategies such as ketogenic diets, which force cells to alter their energy source, has shown efficacy in the treatment of several diseases. Ketogenic diets are composed of high fat, moderate protein and low carbohydrates, which favor mitochondrial respiration rather than glycolysis for energy metabolism.
DESIGN:
This review focuses on how oncologic, neurologic and mitochondrial disorders have been targeted by ketogenic diets, their metabolic effects, and the possible mechanisms of action on mitochondrial energy homeostasis. The beneficial and adverse effects of the ketogenic diets are also highlighted.
RESULTS AND CONCLUSIONS:
Although the full mechanism by which ketogenic diets improve oncologic and neurologic conditions still remains to be elucidated, their clinical efficacy has attracted many new followers, and ketogenic diets can be a good option as a co-adjuvant therapy, depending on the situation and the extent of the disease. This article is protected by copyright. All rights reserved.

NICU 4.4 LB
Erythema Nodosum 85
Life-long Central Neurocytoma 4x5x6.5 cm 23 hrs 62090 semi-coma 10 d PT OT ST 30 d
3 Infertility tmts 99 > 3 u. fibroids > Pills
CN 3 GKRS 52301
IDC 1.2 cm Her2 +++ ER 5% R. Lmptmy SLNB+1 71703 6 FEC 33 R Tamoxifen
Recc IIB 2.5 cm Bi-L Mast 61407 2/9 nds PET
6 TCH Cellulitis - Lymphedema - compression sleeve & glove
H w x 4 MUGA 51 D, J 49 M
Diastasis recti
Tamoxifen B. scan
Irrtbl bowel 1'09
Colonoscopy 313
BRCA1 V1247I
hptc hemangioma
Vertigo
GI - > yogurt
hysterectomy/oophorectomy 011410
Exemestane 25 mg tab 102912 ~ 101016 stopped due to r. hip/l.thigh pain after long walk
DEXA 1/13
1-2016 lesions in liver largest 9mm & 1.3 cm onco. says not cancer.
3-11 Appendectomy - visually O.K., a lot of puss. Final path result - not cancer.
Start Vitamin D3 and Calcium supplement (600mg x2)
10-10 Stopped Exemestane due to r. hip/l.thigh pain OKed by Onco 11-08-2016
7-23-2018 9 mm groundglass nodule within the right lower lobe with indolent behavior. Due to possible adenocarcinoma, Recommend annual surveilence.
7-10-2019 CT to check lung nodule.
1-10-2020 8mm stable nodule on R Lung, two 6mm new ones on L Lung, a possible lymph node involvement in inter fissule.
"I WANT TO BE AN OUTRAGEOUS OLD WOMAN WHO NEVER GETS CALLED AN OLD LADY. I WANT TO GET SHARP EDGED & EARTH COLORED, TILL I FADE AWAY FROM PURE JOY." Irene from Tampa

Advocacy is a passion .. not a pastime - Joe
Jackie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 12:07 PM   #9
waterdreamer

Re: Cancer as a Metabolic Disease, are we treati ng cancer incorreclty?

Update: A ketogenic diet containing meat and animal products with oil, was not working for me. It is also very hard to be vegan on a ketogenic diet. My markers did not improve on a ketogenic diet. So, I have started a water fast and am on day 8. If you are interested in the rational behind a water fast, please watch this YouTube video featuring Dr. Alan Goldhamer. http://youtu.be/Nl8Y5jV0hN0 This is the link to the True North Health Center. http://www.healthpromoting.com/clini...n-goldhamer-dc
From all my research and reading, I do not believe that cancer is a genetic disease. I do believe it is a metabolic disease.

Old 01-26-2016, 08:04 PM   #10
agness

It is good to listen to your body. One can do ketosis with a vegetarian flare but it isn't for everyone -- nor every situation. Good for you to knowing when it wasn't working for you.

What is the tumor test that you have been having done to test for embryonic cells. Who is doing that for you? What do you want us to know about it.

Thx
  • 10/27/15 atypical uptake in right cerebellum - inflammation?
  • 12/1/15 Leptomeningeal dx. Starting IT Herceptin.
  • 1/16 - 16 fractions of tomotherapy to cerebellum, break of IT Herceptin during rads, resume at 100 mg weekly
  • 3/2016 - stable scan
  • 5/2016 stable scan
  • 7/2016 pseudoprogression?
  • 9/2016 more LM, start new chemo protocol and IV therapy treatment with HBOT
  • 11/2016 Cyberknife to temporal lobe, HBOT just prior
  • 12/2016 - lesions starting to show shrinkage
  • 8/2017 - Stable since Dec 2016. Temporal lobe lesion gone.
  • Using TCM, naturopathic oncology, physical therapy, chiro, massage, medical qigong, and energetic healing modalities in tandem. Stops at nothing.
  • Mother of 2 boys - ages 7 and 10 (8/2017) and a lovely partner with lots to live for.
agness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 01:06 PM   #11
waterdreamer

Agnes, thanks for your comment. One of the comments Prof Seyfried said to me, as I mentioned before, is that he was very impressed with the Hippocrates Health Institute in Florida. They have very good results with cancer. A book which outlines the Hippocrates Philosophy is "Life Force" by Brian Clement. It is the lifestyle diet I will be following, once I am done with my fast. My oncologist did my marker tests. I get all my tests done through my doctor. My CEA markers have always been reliable for me as far as progression goes.

One other problem with the ketogenic diet, is that it does not have enough macro and micro nutrients. Oil is essentially empty calories.

Sharing in the hopes that we find solutions to healing.

Old 01-27-2016, 01:40 PM   #12
agness

I think I am doing more of what would be considered a modified ketogenic diet. I am also working on supplementation and monitoring with my FABNO/naturopathic-onc. I actually eat a lot of vegetables in my diet, if not more than before, but there are some rules to follow about the carbohydrate levels. My body has shown me that a few baby carrots it doesn't care about, nor small quantities of blueberries, cherry tomatoes, and other high vitamin C and high anti-oxident fruits -- taken in small quantities. My body has stayed in ketosis with spaghetti squash prepared with lots of butter and cheese. The body is more forgiving than the diet dictates but it does take work and a willingness/ability to cook and plan ahead.

Interesting that your onc has been following your markers. I have had nothing tracked.

Chinese medicine has followed me most closely and myself I have observed that TCM tongue diagnosis on myself has been very revealing of my own disease state -- it was pale before I knew what was going on and each time the cancer started to overwhelm my system any improvement in color and shape started to slip away. I have just found it interesting. I think need to get a level tested for a tumor antigen test I'm having done. I might wait until the end of February when I'm not being irradiated every day.
  • 1/16 - 16 fractions of tomotherapy to cerebellum, break of IT Herceptin during rads, resume at 100 mg weekly
  • 3/2016 - stable scan
  • 5/2016 stable scan
  • Using TCM, naturopathic oncology, physical therapy, chiro, massage, medical qigong, and energetic healing modalities in tandem. Stops at nothing.
  • Mother of 2 boys - ages 7 and 10 (8/2017) and a lovely partner with lots to live for.
Old 01-30-2016, 11:12 AM   #13
AlaskaAngel

Question Re: Cancer as a Metabolic Disease, are we treating cancer incorreclty?

I'm no researcher. But in trying to understand what the reasons are for the interest in and ongoing research about the use of metformin for cancer patients, what interested me about it in particular was the understanding that chemo is not effective against stem cells, whereas metformin in some way on at least some stem cells, IS effective.

In other words, blasting endless cancer cells with chemo is very appealing as a way of "throwing the book at it" and it gets rid of maybe an awful lot of them, but not the stem cells, that then continue to create havoc.

Dr. Michael Lisanti was working on that at Jefferson, and later moved to Manchester, but it was articles about his work that got me interested. There were some legal battles about the rights to intellectual property by research institutions, and I'm not sure where all that ended up, but it is his work about it that is intriguing in regard to cancer being a metabolic disease. I just hope that with all the huff about intellectual property, the baby isn't getting thrown out with the bathwater!

A.A.
IDC 1.9 cm, some DCIS, Stage 1, Grade 3
Lumpectomy, CAFx6 (no blood boosters), IMRT rads, 1 3/4 yr tamoxifen
Rads necrosis
BRCA 1 & 2 negative
Trials: Early detection OVCA; 2004 low-dose testosterone for bc survivors
Diet: Primarily vegetarian organic; metformin (no diabetes), vitamin D3
Exercise: 7 days a week, 1 hr/day
No trastuzumab, no taxane, no AI
NED
AlaskaAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 08:51 PM   #14
VDC

Some interesting things I discovered about the keto diet: A number of people will experience flu like symptoms for up to two weeks while their body adjusts to the new diet. This was true for me, except that it lasted about 3-4 days.

There are a number of tasty alternatives to carbs such as "carbquick" which is a "bisquick" that is minus the carbs. Actually quite tasty! (I tried it)

For short term the keto diet may be effective but for long term there certainly are missing nutrients. Namely those associated with fruits etc.

I will say this...I have always struggled with my weight. And, eight years ago I lost 95 pounds and have kept it off...but only by a daily struggle. Since I started the keto diet two weeks ago, I have had to struggle NOT to lose weight! This is very peculiar for me and actually a bit freeing. It is nice to have a break from the constant fight with food!
Old 02-04-2016, 08:07 AM   #15
agness

I find the low potassium (an electrolyte) to be my biggest challenge. Morton LiteSalt contains potassium of a couple kinds so that helps a bit with seasoning or 1/4 tsp mixed in a glass of water. Spinach and tomatoes help too, though tomatoes one needs to be careful because of the fruit/carb thing. Lemon juice in water helps too. I also take a potassium iodide liquid supplement since most breast cancer patients were low in iodine and it is protective of breast tissue - this helps with more potassium.

I get bad leg cramps when I am not doing my best at working on this nutrient. I learned that I can add Morton Lite Salt to epsom salt in a foot bath with baking soda and you can dose transdermally that way as well (this was studied with Magnesium I'm in Britain and it bypasses the gut).

I really have to work at it though.

Yesterday I was craving fruit so I had some soursop and fresh raspberries after dinner. I think if you are in ketosis and are good about it then it's okay to even add in 1-1/2 inches of banana to a smoothie -- more potassium -- just have a tsp of coconut oil after if you are worried about how your body will behave.
  • 3/2016 - stable scan
  • 5/2016 stable scan
Old 02-04-2016, 08:22 PM   #16
waterdreamer

I had to stop the ketogenic diet. It wasn't working for me (I guess we are all different). SO I tried a water fast. That lasted 11 days, until I was so weak I could hardly walk and my electrolytes were way low. I started juicing and doing the Hippocrates Institute diet, which seems to be helping. I was however in the hospital, to get my right lung drained. It was almost full of liquid (I think this was exacerbated by the water fast). I had 2.2 liters of fluid drained, and am now back at home breathing easier. I did have some black rice tonight as I just need to rebuild my body a bit. At the end of my diet experiment adventures, I am returning to a vegan diet, with sprouts and no fruits or sugars. It seems to be what has worked best for me up until now.

Old 02-05-2016, 05:03 PM   #17
Carol Ann

Fern, just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you every day and hope you get your strength back soon!

Carol Ann
July 24, 2013: "Infected" Right Nipple and benign cyst removed, pathology report revealed Paget's, DCIS, and ILC 1.25 cm, ER+/Pro+/HER2 equivocal, Grade 2 under benign cyst, previous diagnostic mammo/ultrasound said I was perfectly healthy in both breasts.

Aug 18, 2013: MRI report says Left breast is perfectly healthy "consistent with previous studies".

Sept 2013: I insist on a bilateral mastectomy anyway. Too nervewracking to let left breast remain with higher risk after 3 cancers in right, nipple in right is already gone anyhow.

Sept 18, 2013: Bilateral mastectomy, 11 right nodes removed, ALL negative BUT -- ER+/PRO+/HER2+ tumor, 1.0 cm, Grade 2 found in a piece of "grossly unremarkable" breast tissue from prophylactic mastectomy of left breast, no nodes removed.

Oct 25, 2013: 13 left side nodes removed, ALL negative, Stage 1 across the board, NO RADS needed, YAAAAY! Port also installed.

Nov 25, 2013 Begin 6 rounds TCH.

March 10, 2014 Just finished 6th and LAST Chemo today, YAAAAAY!

March 24, 2014 Echocardiogram to make sure I'm still good for Herceptin every 3 weeks.

March 31, 2014 Echo results NORMAL, first Herceptin all by itself. Now if only my eyes would stop streaming from the Taxotere ... :)

April 21, 2014 Started Arimidex and therapy for "mild" lymphedema in left hand and arm

May 2014 Therapy completed, I have sleeves and gloves for both arms, a Flexi touch lymph pump to hook up to for an hour every day, and I've become an arm bandaging expert. :)

June 2014 Begin Fosamax to prevent osteoporosis; bone scan revealed osteopenia

Nov 17, 2014 FINAL Herceptin!

Dec 4, 2014 My right thigh muscle has been extra achy for days ... I discover a blister rash cluster on the side of my right thigh while taking a shower. Port appointment cancelled until Dec 17, my doc is working me in tomorrow afternoon to see me and the rash. My muscle at least feels less achy.

Dec 5, 2014 Yep, I have shingles. Boo! I start acyclovir and also have a prescription for a painkiller just in case for over the weekend.

Dec 17, 2014 Port is OUT!

January 2016 Shingles again and this time it started where my left breast (where the hidden HER2+++ tumor was!) used to be. My onc nurse got me a same day appointment to see my doc when I called and told her I had a rash on the site. The antiviral meds are working once again, though, so that is good news. :)
Carol Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 06:20 PM   #18
waterdreamer

Thank you Carol Ann. I have had enough experimentation on my body with various diets. It is all interesting, but for now, I am working on regaining strength and rebuilding my body. I am using lots of raw plant based protein shakes, and for now - eggs.

Old 02-11-2016, 07:44 PM   #19
VDC

So, what do you do for the nutrients that are found in fruits? This keto diet is short on fresh fruit nutrients and I'm wondering how to keep from being depleted in those! Any ideas?
Old 02-11-2016, 07:45 PM   #20
VDC

Waterdreamer,
I wondered if you have looked into any other clinical trials? I know the one that you and I had been accepted into is on hold for the time being. Have you considered enrolling in another? I'm considering it, and just wondered what your plan was.