HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Herceptin / Tykerb
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Herceptin / Tykerb Share your experiences or ask questions about Herceptin or Tykerb

Old 07-10-2012, 06:55 AM   #1
alexandra1

Question on xeloda/tykerb

My wife is on the combo xeloda/tykerb. she also takes herceptin. Has anyone experienced fatigue on this combo. My wife is very tired.
alexandra1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:10 AM   #2
Rolepaul

Re: Question on xeloda/tykerb

I am sorry to hear that your wife is tired. That can be part of the side effect of this combo. If she has hands and feet that are sore, please let me know as there is some great literature on this Xeloda side effect. It must be addressed before there is cracking (the skin will start to look dry). You can send me a private message and I will let you know how Nina was able to get this addressed to the point that she could work in the OR and still walk 5 miles per day.
Rolepaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:14 AM   #3
Jeanette

Red face Re: Question on xeloda/tykerb

Hello , I am on Xeloda and had a terrible time with feet. When I went on a cruise, I found this cream called Alhydran, made in Belguim, it was used for burn victims and after surgery. I used it as my feet got a little sun burnt. It is made from aloe and we went to the aloe factory in Aruba to get it. It made a world of difference, tried to get it in the US, but because of some silly regulations they can't sell it here. Even called Aruba and they can't ship it here. What does your wife use? Tks for any info, Jeanette
Jeanette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:24 AM   #4
Rolepaul

Monique Spencer, no relation, discovered henna (two heaping tablespoons, a squirt of lemon juice, mix to a paste with water. Micro 30 seconds, let sit 12 hours minimum (longer is better), put on with a paint foam brush, let sit for 30 minutes minimum, wash off. Use bag balm on hands and feet (cloth gloves and socks). The henna will turn the bottom of your feet orange (do not use it on your hands). Also, Vitamin K cream will help. All of these have a scientific basis. Henna and Vitamin K have a base structure that works to prevent the micro fractures and coagulation of Xeloda rich lymph in the feet using a natural blood vessel repair mechanism. Vitamin K used to be called the coagulation vitamin. It does work and is in clinical trials in California. Henna can be bought in any Asian food store, look for Jamil and the 2011 harvest.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:24 AM   #5
MJsHusband

MJ had extreme fatigue on Xeloda. Especially during the second week of the cycle. There were a few times where she just said she couldn't take it anymore and wanted to give up. Fortunately, she toughed through 4 cycles. Our onc wanted here to do 2 more but she said no. Fortunately, she didn't experience the hand/feet side effects that some get.

08/10 ~ Dx IBC, Her2+++ ER-/PR- Stage 4, mets to liver. Age 43.
08/10 ~ Began 12 weeks of Taxetere/Carboplatin/Herceptin tx
[10/10 ~ Scans show liver lesions are gone. NED!
11/10 ~ Ended chemo. Herceptin-only tx
01/11 ~ Mastectomy
03/11 ~ Radiation
07/11 ~ Reconstructive surgery
10/11 ~ PET/CT shows NED :)
01/12 ~ Malignant tumors found in uterus, cervix, fallopian tubes and lymph nodes. Dx as endometrial cancer. Stage III2c
02/12 ~Hysterectomy(all tumors removed). Back to NED.
02/12 ~ Final Herceptin treatment.
03/12 ~ Began Cisplatin/Adriamycin tx for endometrial cancer.
03/12 ~ Tumors dx her2 metastisis, not entdometrial cancer. Back to BC tx.
03/12 ~ CT scan shows NED. :)
04/12/~ Began Tykerb/Xeloda.
06/12 ~ Ended Xeloda. Continuing Tykerb. Still NED.
09/12 ~ PET/CT scans show NED. : )
04/13 ~ Rash on original breast biopsied as cancer.
05/13 ~ Surgery to remove skin and tissue around rash. Continue Tykerb.
06/13 ~ PET/CT scans show NED : )
11/13 ~ Jaundice eyes and skin. CT scan show mets to liver as well as peritoneal carcinomatosis with malignant ascites. Began Abraxane/Herceptin tx.
02/14 ~ CT scan shows NED. :)

MJsHusband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:21 PM   #6
yanyan

i am on my 5th cycle of xeloda and tykerb. Today is my 6th day of cycle 5 and i feel very tired. I have cracked heel and thumb. My doctor told me to use bag balm, which seems to work if i apply it 2 times a day. It is very oily and does not smell good but serves the purpose.
BMX with immediate recontruction 5/2011 Lattismus Flap- Dx stage 3c 10/23 nodes
9/11 Radiation
3/12 Local recurrence to skin stage IV
Whole body scan CLEAR
4/12 Tykerb & Xeolda Skin mets slowly regressing
8/12 PET & Brain CT Clear
5/13 Skin mets progressing
6/13 PET scan chestwall recurrence in contralateral anxillary,internal mammary and ipsilateral subpectoral nodes
6/13 kadcyla
10/13 whole body scan -clear NED. previously resolved skin rash gone but 3 new lesions. Biopsy confirmed for skin recurrence
11/13 to 02/14 tykerb & herceptin
02/14 add abraxane/gemzar, 2 weeks on 1 week off at reduced dose
05/14 whole body PET clear/ brain CT clear but skin mets are getting worse, ready for new chemo
05/14 navelbine perjeta herceptin
07/14 skin mets progressing red rash worse
08/14 wide local excision with diep flap to close wound. Final path shows 2 positive margins showing inflammatory carcinoma Going back to surgery in 2 weeks
09/01/14 resection- clear margins
3 weeks after 2nd surgery, a new nodular rash found near drain incision with 2 small red spots behind the chest wall biopsy on 10/1. Positive for breast cancer
Radiation 11/2014 with xeloda then weekly cisplatin
11/14 brain MRI clean
12/14 finished 33 radiations burnt and very painful. Bedridden for 1 week
12/14 t current Herceptin and perjeta only
02/15 rash on upper back right side skin mets radiation planned
02/15 staring electron radiation *35
Stopped at 30 due to severe skin burn, resumed 10 days later
05/15 red patches appeared in between previously radiated area, skin mets. Ct and brain Mri clear. Simulation planned, radiation to start after trip to Alaska.
05/24 new spot identified in scar line on previously radiated reconstructed breast- electron on both side chest wall area and scar line
07/15 multiple skin and lung recurrence begin halaven
11/15 cough much better but very tired on halaven and starting to see some new red skin blotches-suspicious
11/15 heading to China for immune therapy
yanyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:31 PM   #7
Rolepaul

Yanyan,
Try Monique Spencer's solution. Get some powdered henna 2011 harvest by Jamila works great) from an Indian food store. Take 2 big tablespoons into a plastic container. Add a good five second squirt of lemon juice. Add water to get a really thick paste. Microwave 30 seconds. Let sit 12 hours. Microwave another 30 seconds and use foam paint brush to put on the bottoms of your feet, including between the toes. Wait 30 minutes and rinse it off. The stuff stains flooring so do it over the bathtub or outside. It will turn the bottom of your feet orange, but works great. Good for two or three days. Also Vitamin K cream. Bag balm at night with cloth socks on the feet and cloth gloves on the hands. Udder cream during the day.