HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-06-2013, 04:47 PM   #1
NEDenise

Remembering jml our Jessica

I'm still in shock at how quickly Jessica's long war with BC came to an end. She fought valiantly, was so upbeat...posting updates only a few days ago...a truly amazing woman! And a treasured friend...

From the time I first encountered her in our HER2 community, she was supportive, and encouraging, but I will always be grateful for the way she reached out to me when my brain mets were discovered. As a brain met survivor herself, she had such wisdom to offer. And her words had a credibility and compassion that came from walking the same path and coming out the other side. She was instrumental in helping me reduce my terror to a manageable level.

I'll also never forget the grace with which she handled the illness, and subsequently the death of her beloved father. My heart aches for her Mom and family, but I know her Dad was overjoyed to welcome her home.

I will miss her smile, wit, wisdom, courage, and especially, her friendship.

Jessica,
I know in time my joy for you, and the peace you've found, will overcome my pain at losing you here with us...but right now, today...it hurts to say goodbye. Rest well my dear friend.
With love,
Denise
Attached Images

NEDenise is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jessica, jml, remembering