HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-30-2013, 07:50 PM   #21
Bunty

Re: Remembering Chrisy

Denise, thank you so much for that beautiful tribute to Chrisy. I think we all needed it, and I couldn't think of a better person than you to deliver it to us all.

We are all so lucky to have had Chrisy touch our lives, and seeing the photos here makes me feel happy and sad at the same time.

Love Marie x
June 2011 3cm x 4cm liver tumour. Started Abraxane and continue with Herceptin.
November 2011. Finished with Abraxane, continue with just Herceptin. Liver tumour now reduced to 15mm x 12mm. Lung tumour now 10mm x 0.5mm
February 2012. Scans show everything stable, and brain scan clear.
July 2012. PET/CT scans show I'm in remission - no active cancer!
]Dec CT brain cllear, lungs stable, liver tumour has increased to 20mm. PET scans showed active liver met and active lung thinglet, and possible bone met.
Jan 2013 recommence Abraxane, continue with Herceptin.
June 2013 finish Cycle 6 Abraxane, continue with Herceptin. 30% reduction in liver tumour, everything stable.
December 2013. CA15-3 on rise.
February 2014. PET and CT scans show single liver tumour has increased to 35mm. No other activity.
March 2014. Planned for SBRT for liver met, but couldn't have treatment as tumour too close to bowel. Continue Herceptin.
April 2014. Surgeon advises that I am a good candidate for liver resection, so will have operation early May (after camping holiday). Tumour now 44mm x 29mm.
May 7, 2014. Two liver tumours surgically removed. Third of liver removed, and gall bladder. Am I NED?May 2014. Pathology of tumour shows it's now ER+ (95% staining).
June 2014. CA15-3 has decreased to 18 from a pre-surgery reading of 59!
June 2014. Started Femara, continue with Herceptin.
July 2014. Stop Femara due to severe Osteoporosis. Commence Tamoxifen, continue Herceptin. Waiting to hear if I can have Aclasta infusion.
August 2014. CA15-3 has decreased further to 12 - YAY!
October 2014. Aclasta infusion for Osteoporosis. November 2014, CA15-3 decreased to 11. Scans of liver all clear, something new showing up on lung, but just watching at the moment.
November 2015. Started SBRT on solitary lung met.
November 2015. Bone density scan showed very good improvement so back on Femara - yay!
December 2016. 6 treatments of SBRT radiation on lung. Seems to have had some effect.
June 2016. CA15-3 still stable and low at 9.
June 2016. Started subcutaneous Herceptin replacing infusion.
Jan 2017. LVEF dropped to 46%. Stopped Herceptin.
Feb 2017. Started ACE Inhibitor and BETA Blocker. Still off Herceptin.
Aug 2017. Two new mets - Portacaval lymph node and mediastinal lymph node.
Aug 2017. Blood tests show extremely elevated liver enzyme levels. Many tests to investigate.
Sept 2017. Portacaval lymph node blocking liver bile duct causing liver enzyme and Bilirubin problems.
Oct 2017. 8cm stent inserted into liver bile duct. Procedure caused pancreatitis, and hospitalised for 3 days. Liver enzymes improving rapidly.
Nov 2017. Commenced 4 weeks of radiation on Portacaval lymph node. 5 week break before chemo.
Jan 2018. CT scan. 11 new small liver mets, and new superclavical lymph node med.
Jan 2018. Start Kadcyla. CA15-3 426.
Apr 2018. First scans since starting Kadcyla. All tumours reducing. CA15-3 dropped to 30 from 426.
Dec 2019. Still on Kadcyla, but two small brain mets have been treated in the past month with SRS. CA15-3 stable for 12 months at 11.
Bunty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:59 PM   #22
Mandamoo

You have all said it so eloquently. I will miss Chrisy's wit, humour and fantastic knowledge. "Crap on a Crapstick!" is now a favourite saying of mine.
It is very real to see her smiling face - may she be smiling down on us all.
22 February 2011 - Diagnosed Early Breast Cancer IDBC Stage2b (ER/PR -ve, Her2+ve +++) - 38 years old
(L) skin sparing mastectomy with tissue expander, axilla clearance (2/14 affected) clear margins.
Fec*3, Taxotere and herceptin*2 - stopped due to secondary diagnosis

June 24 2011 Stage IV - Skin met, axilla node, multiple lung lesions

Bolero3 trial - Navelbine, Hereptin weekly, daily Everolimus/Placebo
February 2012 - July 2012 Tykerb and Xeloda - skin mets resolved, Lungs initially dramatically reduced but growing again
August 2012 (turn 40!) tykerb and herceptin (denied compassionate use of TDM1) while holidaying in Italy!
September 2012 - January 2013 TDM1 as part of the Th3resa trial - lymph nodes resolved, lungs slowly progressing.
January 2013 - herceptin, carboplatin and Perjeta (compassionate access)
April 2013 - Some progression in lungs and lymph nodes - Abraxane, Herceptin and Perjeta
July 2013 - mixed response - dramatic reduction of most lung disease, progression of smaller lung nodules and cervical and hilar nodes - ? Add avastin.
Mandamoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:22 PM   #23
Faith in Him

It is heartbreaking to read about Chrisy. I truly believe she is with our other angels laughing and talking, never giving cancer another thought.
03/07 CT & Bone scan - Clear
AC x 4, Taxol x 4, Added Herceptin
Radiation until 09/07
Herceptin every 3 weeks until 06/08
01/10/08 local recurrence -IBC
01/28/08 CT & Brain MRI - clear
02/08 - Navelbine & Herceptin
05/08 -MRM
05/08 - Gemzar & Herceptin - didn't work
09/08 - Hyperthermia rads
03/09 - Tykerb/Xeloda
05/10 - Tram flap to fix wound
Faith in Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:38 PM   #24
Kim in CA

Denise, that was lovely. You've got a way with words for sure, and conveyed beautifully what so many of us feel.

Chrisy was a special lady indeed.

5/1997 Hi Dose Chemo w/ Stem cell rescue. Spent 4 weeks in isolation ward. Then 6 weeks radiation.

9/2001 widespread mets to liver. 8 mos Taxotere/Herceptin brought me almost to NED. Stop Taxotere & add Femara .

11/2002 liver resection to remove spot that turned out to be necrosis. Officially NED!

7/2003 Tumor markers rising add Xeloda Disastrous reaction, 8 days hospital, but tumor markers came back to normal!

June -Dec 2004 UW Vaccine Trial.

7/2005 MRI single 11mm brain met
8/2005 Gamma Knife.

Brain MRI @3 months NED!

2006-2011 brain/body still NED

8/04/11 Taking Herceptin break, will monitor with tumor markers.

6/20/12 Tumor markers begin to rise. CA15-3 is 31.3 and Her2 Serum is at 17.1 Decide to repeat in one month.

7/23/12 CA15-3 now 49.3
Her2 Serum 26.8

8/6/12 Back on Herceptin
CA15-3 now 76
Her2 Serum now 49

11/7/12 Add weekly Taxotere for 4 cycles

2/2013 Stopped Taxotere added Perjeta. MRI shows approx. 50% reduction liver mets. CA15-3 still elevated @ 55. Will continue on just Herceptin & Perjeta.

November 2014 Continuing on Herceptin, Perjeta, and
Femara indefinitely. Guess I'm NED again, but watching those tumor markers carefully!

Dec. 2015 PET scan reveals mass in perirectal area of abdomen.biopsy confirms. Still Her2+, but no longer ER+. Bye bye Femara

Jan 2016 Begin Kadcyla

March 2016 PET scan shows tumor now barely visible, still NED everywhere else.
2016/2017 continue Kadcyla

November 2017 brain MRI reveals small focus of T2 hyperintensity with possible 4mm enhancing nodule. Short term follow up MRI suggested. Stay tuned...
Kim in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:49 PM   #25
Debbie L.

I only had the privilege to meet Chris in person once, at SABCS 2011, so the photos from that time that you've posted, Steph, are special for me. I look at them with sadness, but cannot help but smile to remember how I enjoyed those few minutes of face-to-face connection with Chris.

I love all the tributes being posted, both from those who knew her well, and those who knew her "only" online (but still well). I can't add to the eloquence of those tributes so will just say "ditto", to every word. And thank you, Denise, for starting this easy-to-find thread of tribute.

But in one other area not yet mentioned, I will mention that I think Chris made a huge difference to the researchers and the providers -- allowing them to see the intelligence and spirit that patients bring to the arena of advanced breast cancer treatment. She wonderfully and honestly represented the experience of living with advanced breast cancer, particularly HER2+ breast cancer. I am sure that MANY of those providers and researchers will carry Chris -- her spirit, her energy, her very person -- with them as inspiration and motivation, as they work to stop breast cancer deaths.

My condolences to all. To our list, but especially to Chris's family and her husband, for whom she expressed such love and concern about how they would carry on, when she was gone. I wish them patience, and gentleness with themselves, as they begin the work of grieving. It's hard work, but also good work, and with the support of someone like Chris, from wherever she now abides -- it's bound to be amazing work.

Love,
Debbie Laxague

HER2neu positive by IHC and FISH (8.89).
Lymphovascular invasion, grade 3, 8/9 modified SBR.
TX: Control of arm of NSABP's B-31 adjuvant Herceptin trial (no Herceptin, inducing a severe case of Herceptin-envy): A/C x 4 and Taxol x 4 q3weeks, then rads. Raging infection of entire chest after small revision of mastectomy scar after completing tx (significance unknown). Arimidex for two years, stopped after second pathology opinion.
2017: Mild and manageable lymphedema and some cognitive issues.
Debbie L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:52 PM   #26
cheery

Thanks for the tribute, Denise.

Chrisy has touched many hearts here, mine for sure, and it's a big sad loss to all of us here. I've had the privilege of PM-ing her and learnt a lot from many of her helpful posts.
cheery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:42 PM   #27
KsGal

Steph..thank you for sharing the pictures. Made me smile from ear to ear.
December 2012 was diagnosed with five brain mets, and had whole brain radiation.
Around July 2014 two mets in brain, one a residual spot and one new one growing in size. Received Cyberknife on both areas
Clear/NED
April 2015 remain NED
KsGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:48 PM   #28
Bill

I was lucky enough to meet Chris about 5 years ago when she passed through Richmond. I'll tell that story soon. I wish her family well. She will be missed.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:15 PM   #29
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...

Wow that Chrisy was such an exceptional woman! We all know it. I never actually met her but we've been e-ing for over 5 yrs, in addition to posting. I have loved her all the while, and will throughout eternity. I loved her quick wit way of seeing things and then expressing them. Was it she who suggested putting Cheez Whiz into someone's feeding tube, cause she knew she loved that treat from previous posts? She had that way about her that made you feel loved and cared for, uplifted, nurtured -- and informed! She got to know her enemy well, which is how a good Warrior works. Participating in your own wellness was her plan and she managed to eke out a batch of years past her prognosis. Her intelligence and her radiant energy could be felt by every one of us, through this board, within her clever words. Ever positive, she could find a pony in a pile of s**t... )

As she says in her words below -- she felt very blessed. And still greedy (her words) -- I'd say she was hungry --for Life! And she loved loving Life despite all the crap she had to go through, and her list was wayyyy too long. She deserved better. But she will never be forgotten, not by me, not by most of us!!

My thoughts are with her husband John and her sister Steph whose loss is deeply grievous. May they and her whole family find a way to focus on how blessed they were to have this remarkable, fun and funny, smart and sassy lady like no other in their lives. It is always too soon. But I know Chrisy would ask them to reach out and live Life with all their hearts
-- for her, by proxy so to speak...

She and I often talked about her special place -- Yosemite. It is an awesome space that touches your very Soul. I know she is at peace now. No more struggle. No more pain. Only the serenity and beauty that we on earth can see and touch occasionally when we hike through Yosemite or go to our special own place...

From CHRISY last September (9/12)

"Stage IV canserversary - 8 years

Just realized, this isn't the first time our labor day weekend plans have been disrupted!

In 2004, our plans to spend Labor day weekend doing...nothing were blown up by the words "you have masses in your liver, and it is cancer". We ran away to the Eastern Sierra.

How ironic.

That weekend we hoped and prayed I would exceed the "average" of 18 months (that was before I realized the Herceptin effect and how "off" those stats were.)

We never dreamt that 8 years later, our plans to escape to the Eastern Sierra would be derailed by...anything

Hmmmm. Feeling very blessed. And still greedy for life.

I can feel it. Still...

Chrisy's Sister in Spirit,
Andi

Thank you Denise for starting this so eloquently. Thank you StephN for the pics and words. I wasn't in San Antonio but now I feel even closer because pictures say so much to our Souls.
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:20 PM   #30
StephN

Here is a link to Chrisy's obit, with a special link embedded to a Breast Cancer Memorial site.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/san...88#fbLoggedOut

I love the photo that was chosen to accompany the text about her life - wind lashing her face and she pays no attention.

MY STORY SO FAR ~~~~
Found suspicious lump 9/2000
Lumpectomy, then node dissection and port placement
Stage IIB, 8 pos nodes of 18, Grade 3, ER & PR -
Adriamycin 12 weekly, taxotere 4 rounds
36 rads - very little burning
3 mos after rads liver full of tumors, Stage IV Jan 2002, one spot on sternum
Weekly Taxol, Navelbine, Herceptin for 27 rounds to NED!
2003 & 2004 no active disease - 3 weekly Herceptin + Zometa
Jan 2005 two mets to brain - Gamma Knife on Jan 18
All clear until treated cerebellum spot showing activity on Jan 2006 brain MRI & brain PET
Brain surgery on Feb 9, 2006 - no cancer, 100% radiation necrosis - tumor was still dying
Continue as NED while on Herceptin & quarterly Zometa
Fall-2006 - off Zometa - watching one small brain spot (scar?)
2007 - spot/scar in brain stable - finished anticoagulation therapy for clot along my port-a-catheter - 3 angioplasties to unblock vena cava
2008 - Brain and body still NED! Port removed and scans in Dec.
Dec 2008 - stop Herceptin - Vaccine Trial at U of W begun in Oct. of 2011
STILL NED everywhere in Feb 2014 - on wing & prayer
7/14 - Started twice yearly Zometa for my bones
Jan. 2015 checkup still shows NED
2015 Neuropathy in feet - otherwise all OK - still NED.
Same news for 2016 and all of 2017.
Nov of 2017 - had small skin cancer removed from my face. Will have Zometa end of Jan. 2018.
StephN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:38 PM   #31
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...

The obit speaks of Chrisy as being a choreographer of Human Energy. She could often be seen dancing on the beach or in her living room. She danced with Life, no matter what.
On line I found a set of choreographed dances examining energy. Asked how the choreographer approached the topic in his work that pushed boundaries? Chrisy pushed boundaries all the time. She was a participatant in the research of a breakthrough medicine that gives new hope to breast cancer patients. She was a giving Spirit in the truest sense of the word. She gave of herself in myriad ways, on a regular basis. She was exceptional in so many ways, always teaching us there are no limits to finding ways to offer your time and, your love. Human potential is limitless.
In the choreographed dance series, they looked at potential energy, electrical energy and emotional energy. (If one has ever been depressed -- and who hasn't? -- you know that emotion requires energy. For me there is always a wind-up when someone asks, "How are you doing?" I have to muster enough energy to say "great," and sound like I mean it. And in time, I come to believe it. I own it. I create it. I believe that's what our Christy did.

At the same time, she managed to never whine, or live defeated. She reported the facts and put the most positive spin on it, boosting each of us, as she did herself. That's a art. An act of grand grace and artistry.

Chrisy was a shining example of human potential despite great adversity. I seek to be like her in that regard. With the most delightful injection of humor that helped put others in a happy mood. I KNOW what you give is returned to you. So all the goodness she offered ended up involving a boomerang effect that served to lighten her burden as she comforted ours.

Thank you again, Steph for sharing this with us. That smile of hers still lights up my world!

She fought with hope till the very end. That's incredibly admirable in my book. She was a trooper, and an angel on her, showing the way. And she will contiue to do that for all of us. She went out in style, with love, just as she lived her life.
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Old 05-03-2013, 09:52 PM   #32
Catherine

This is too sad. My prayers for her husband and family. Chrisy was a star. May she be an even bigger star in Heaven. May she be loved as much in Heaven as she was here on Earth.

Found my own lump in the shower
April 2006 at the age of 58
Stage IIB, ER- PR- HER2+++ multi focal tumors, largest 2.3cm
Chemo first: AC/Taxol over 16 weeks
Bilateral mastectomy Sep 06
33 rads after the surgery
1 year of Herceptin completed Dec 07
15 years and no recurrence as of April 2021
Catherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:59 AM   #33
tricia keegan

I too have been off the board a few days and was so sad to read this although agree its a wonderful tribute Denise. I also have special memories of Chrisy who looked out for everyone before herself it seems. I remember receiving a pm from her saying she knew I lived in Ireland and someone had posted that wanted to move here if Herceptin was available as she couldn't get it in Scotland where she lived, Chrisy asked if I could help. I of course was happy too and arranged a hospital etc for this lady in need (Carol) and visited her in hospital and we went on to become friends until she passed two years later, her husband asked that we attend her funeral service. I know Carol was so grateful to Chrisy for putting us in touch as she had two extra years she wouldn't have had and passed at peace knowing her two young children were being cared for by their Father and his(Irish) family who lived close by. I'm sure Chrisy and Carol are together now along with so many other angels gone too soon from this board but I have no doubt Chrisy was the nearest thing on earth to an Angel that Carol and I ever found. RIP Chrisy...xx
Rads x 36 ..oophorectomy August '06
Currently taking Arimidex..
June 2011 osteopenia/ zometa x1 yearly- stopped Zometa 2015 as Dexa show normal bone density.
Stopped Arimidex July 2014- Restarted Arimidex 2015 for a further two years on the advice of my Onc.
2014 Normal Dexa scan
2018 Mammo all clear, still NED!
tricia keegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 02:41 PM   #34
Jean

I have been away for a few days - knowing Chrisy was not doing well and have dreaded coming on and reading this news.
It is difficult to accept. Chrisy was a strong lady on so many levels. Never one to complain always a positive strength and her humor was off the charts.

She will be dearly missed - yet another dear one we have lost.
ER+ 90% / PR-, Her2+++ by FISH
Ki-67 40%
Arimidex 5/05
Radiation 32 trt, 5/30/05
Oncotype DX test 4/17/06, 31% high risk
TOPO 11 neg. 4/06
Stopped Arimidex 5/06
TCH 5/06, 6 treatments
Herceptin 5/06 - for 1 yr.
9/06 Completed chemo
Started Femara Sept. 2006
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:14 PM   #35
Pray

I have been off the board for some time now. My heart sank to find chrisy has passed. I'm sure she is with Sheila and all our sisters who have passed and are now basking in perpetual light. Thank you, all of you for your stories, rememberences, heart felt joy of knowing her and the obvious sadness of missing them.
Her2 +3
4/12 nodes
6 rounds TCH
Herceptin 12 months 3weeks
Rad. 30 tx
Tamoxifin 6 months stopped
Arimedex stopped 9/12 (side effects)
Aromasin 10/12
Pray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:14 PM   #36
phil

I came back from vacation, and saw the heading on this post, it wasn't a surprise, but still a punch in the gut. What a Fighter, and such an Inspirer ! We never met , but I felt a kindred spirit in the fight for Stage IV Rights. What a Strong, Encouraging Spirit ! Chrisy, you are Greatly Missed here !
phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:47 PM   #37
Andrea Barnett Budin

She passed with fireworks. As she lived. A beautiful sparkle of Light, a joyous Soul. Chrisy can't begin to imagine what you're up to now. But I miss you. See you... in time...

Think of you so very often! Always have. Always will...

Love,
ANDI

Old 05-07-2013, 05:48 AM   #38
suzan w

Another dear friend snatched too soon by this #!@& disease...Chrisy was one of the first to respond to my desperate questions in 2005. Through the years we connected often on this site. We shared a common birthday, 7/11, and got great pleasure out of this every year. I will miss you, dear Birthday Twin. I will eat chocolate for both of us this year.
5/05 biopsy-invasive lobular carcinoma with LCIS,8mm tumor,stage 1 grade 2, ER+ PR+ Her2+++
6/14/05 bilateral mastectomy, node neg. all scans neg.
Oncotype DX-high risk
8/05-10/05 4 rounds A/C
10/05 -10/06 1 yr. herceptin
arimidex-5 years
2/14/08 started daily self administered injections..FORTEO for severe osteoporosis
7/28/09 BRCA 1 negative BRCA2 POSITIVE
8/17/09 prophylactic salpingo-oophorectomy
10/15/10 last FORTEOinjection
RECLAST infusion(ostoeporosis)
6/14/10 5 year cancerversary!
8/2010-18%increase in bone density!
no further treatments
Oncologist says, "Go do the Happy Dance"
I say,"What a long strange trip its been"
'One day at a time'
6-14-2015. 10 YEAR CANCERVERSARY!
7-16 to 9-16. Extensive (and expensive) dental work done to save teeth. Damage from osteoporosis and chemo and long term bisphosphonate use
6-14-16. 11 YEAR CANCERVERSARY!!
7-20-16 Prolia injection for severe osteoporosis
2 days later, massive hive outbreak. This led to an eventual dx of Chronic Ideopathic Urticaria, an auto-immune disease from HELL.
6-14-17 12 YEAR CANCERVERSARY!!
still suffering from CIU. 4 hospitilizations in the past year

as of today, 10-31-17 in remission from CIU and still, CANCER FREE!!!
6-14-18 13 YEAR CANCERVERSARY!! NED!!

Last edited by suzan w; 05-07-2013 at 05:49 AM.. Reason: spelling
suzan w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:08 AM   #39
mamacze

Denise - you are Chrisy's soul sister - your sense of kind hearted humor rises to the top. Thank you for such a beautiful and joy filled tribute...just the way Chrisy would like it. Chrisy's joie de vivre is a thumb print on my soul now - what a wonderful gift she shared before she moved on. God Speed to such a beautiful person, inside and out.
Love Kim (from CT)

2004 - Stage 4, mets to 4 lobes of lungs and liver, lumpectomy, er/pr -, her2 neu+++, Herceptin and Navelbine then Herceptin only.

2005 - Breast Ca vaccinations with the Tumor Vaccine Group in Seattle

2011 - Still Herceptin only and NED

2011, June - STOPPED Herceptin and kicked up my heels!

2012, February - 1 small tumor came back to haunt me in my lungs - back on Herceptin only, tumor stable.

2015, November - tumor on lungs removed (Segmentectomy), back on Herceptin only
Received U of W vaccine clinical "booster" Vaccine

2022 On Herceptin and NED continues - WOOT WOOT!
mamacze is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chrisy, remembering