HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-09-2013, 05:19 PM   #14
prolifejoan

Re: I have to gripe

It gets a whole lot better after the drains are out. Also, I take a natural Immune Booster from www.cukierski.net, and I had no trouble with infection after my bilateral mastectomy on November 16, 2012. Also, I weathered through two weeks of bronchitis during the Christmas Season without having to get antibiotics. Tomorrow I have Herceptin injection.... I have 200 mgs every week instead of 600 mgs every three weeks, I cannot tolerate the 600 dose, I was getting heart pains, fillibration, etc... too much for me.. so I am grateful for the way it is going.. which will continue till August. I have 5 more weeks of daily Radiation... (5 days a week). That is going smoothly, although side effects are kicking my butt. I am Catholic so it helps me to meditate on the suffering of the Saints and of our Savior, and this gives me a great deal of peace. I chose to not wear a wig, I wear hats, usually a stocking cap in the cooler months. For make-up, I only wear lipstick and blush. I bought those really light bean bag inserts from the Cancer catalog, and they work well for me. I just put them into my regular old bras... I am praying for you and for everyone on this list...
12/14/11 core biopsy
came back positive for HER2 +, grade 3
1/4/12 lumpectomy, no metric stats at hand; lump was > 2 inches, + borders. 19 nodes removed, 17 positive
staph infection 2X
second opinion, www.carolinabreast.com.

March 12th - Adriamycin & Cytoxan every three weeks 4 cycles.

July 2 through October 8th - taxol and Herceptin every week with two cycles every other week.

October 22nd - 50 mgs. Benedryl & 600 mgs. Herceptin, was going to be every three weeks, but 600 mgs kicked my butt so now I get 200 mgs every week, through August 2013.

November 16, 2012, succesful simple bilateral mastectomy

December 26, 2012, began radiation. Side effects there, too. Sheesh. :-)
February 1, 2013, radiation ended.

August 1, 2013, last day of Herceptin

September 6, 2013, CT, found 2 cysts in lower abdomen. Nuclear bone scan clear!

September 13, 2013, sonogram checking those cysts -
prolifejoan is offline   Reply With Quote