HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-09-2008, 03:45 PM   #28
tricia keegan

Debbie like everyone else I loved your post and your idea's,thank you. As I see it nothing will come of this unless Joe or Christine wish it to be and of course we all respect that. I for one, am in favour of a memorial page and think it fitting that the people who we shared so much with and inspired us in life should still have a place in death.
When I first found this site on the recomendation of a friend, I was told not to come here and that it would scare me. Of course always the rebel I had to check this out for myself ! I found quite a few ladies dealing with stage iv dx but rather than frighten me that had the opposite effect. They all actually lessoned my fears and I felt if or when I did recurr chances are I could stay reasonably okay for years in tx as these brave ladies were ,without dying. That was a major revalation for me as I'd always believed a stage iv dx meant a death sentence and I would'nt have known this was 'nt always so were it not for reading daily posts here about their day to day lives tx's and troubles and happy NED moments.
I think for the people who may be scared off by a memorial page (and they don't need to open it if they're not ready) there are many others who like me will gain hope and inspiration while still getting a realistic picture of what this site stand for, but also what her2 cancer may mean. There may be sadness at those that have passed but admiration and hope for the one's who have'nt and are still doing well. It's a fair mix of both I think.
As you all know I met Carol through this site alone and Chrisy sending me a pm to alert me, had I not met her here and given her the info/advice on herceptin here and Tykerb , Onc's and various medical issue's she would not have come to Ireland or had Tykerb which gave her more time,, and therefore would not have passed as content or as relaxed that her family were settled around a larger family group to support them in Ireland. Carol herself wrote a letter read out at her funeral mass thanking the medical profession here for welcoming her with open arms, myself for helping make it possible and most of all the her2support site which made it ALL possible for her.
I can't think of a nicer tribute to Carol or the her2 site than to have that story printed on a memorial page for anyone to see. I think it shows how Joe and Christine and the her2 site are changing and affecting people's lives daily and often in a big and rewarding way, all over the world.
I see this as something good and to smile at, not sad at all. These stories may not have a happy ending but thats life, no one that comes here is expecting Disneyland, but a message of hope and kindness and friendship still can be found.
Rads x 36 ..oophorectomy August '06
Currently taking Arimidex..
June 2011 osteopenia/ zometa x1 yearly- stopped Zometa 2015 as Dexa show normal bone density.
Stopped Arimidex July 2014- Restarted Arimidex 2015 for a further two years on the advice of my Onc.
2014 Normal Dexa scan
2018 Mammo all clear, still NED!

Last edited by tricia keegan; 05-09-2008 at 03:59 PM..
tricia keegan is offline   Reply With Quote