HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Herceptin / Tykerb
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Herceptin / Tykerb Share your experiences or ask questions about Herceptin or Tykerb

Old 12-28-2007, 05:05 PM   #1
JaneCPCU

What is this skin rash?

I have taken Herceptin with Taxol after A/C the usual 12 weekly sessions. Now I'm on every third week. I developed little bumpy extremely itchy rash on my left elbow. Then it appeared all across my abdomen, still itching like crazy. Now it's on my left ankle and has spread all around the ankle and up half way to the knee. Anybody got a clue? Thanks much.
JaneCPCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 10:42 AM   #2
Becca

Jane, I have no clue, but suggest you call the onco's office to let them know about the rash. Perhaps it is an drug or food allergic reaction. I had a itchy rash with lots of swelling after A/C, while doing radiation and taxol treatments. Doctors were puzzled. I kept a food diary--it was a reaction to eating mangoes. Mangoes are of the poison ivy family. Have you changed detergents or anything? Hope you get some help.
Becca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 04:00 PM   #3
goops

I also developed a strange itchy rash while I was being treated with Taxol and Herceptin. Even though I was using laundry detergent from the health food store, I had grown allergic to it. I know use Dreft. I wonder if those drugs make a person more prone to allergies.
goops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 06:51 PM   #4
tdonnelly

Hi Jane,
I too have developed an itchy red skin rash at my incision for my port extending to entire left breast. This rash appears after each Herceptin treatment and lasts several weeks. Just in time for the next treatment; rash appears again. My chemo nurse and I thought it was the adhesive from the bandages used so we have tried several different ones; no luck. Maybe latex gloves ??? or Heprin? We don't have enough to concern ourselves with...Take Care. Let me know what you find out about this. Thanks.
Tamara
Invasive Ductal Carcinoma 10/2006 HER2+
Stage 2
Lumpectomy
A/C 4 cycles completed
Taxol 4 cycles completed
Herceptin 30 of 52 completed
Radiation 28 treatments - Finished 11/2007
tdonnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 09:33 PM   #5
JaneCPCU

No real solution to rash yet.

Tamara, seems like your rash is somewhat different from mine. This has been a constant for several months. I finally was referred by the medical oncologist to a dermatologist after the radiation oncologist had suggested hydrocortizone and moisturizer. Dermatologist ordered what turned out to be a steroid cream (which raises my blood sugar - diabetes, too). The rash on my elbow and abdomen have improved considerably, but the ankle rash drives me nuts from itching. Surviving though!! Best to you. Jane

Invasive Ductal Carcinoma, right, 2/22/07
HER2+, ER/PR - , Stage 2A
Lumpectomy, clear sentinel nodes and margins
A/C 4 cycles, Taxol 12 cycles,
Herceptin proceeding August 2007 to August 2008
Radiation 33 treatments - Finished 1/15/08
JaneCPCU is offline   Reply With Quote