HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Articles of Interest
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2006, 06:43 AM   #1
Patty H

no tykerb for me

I knew that the paper work had said if there was clinical trial in your area you wouldn't qualify. My Dr. told me yesterday that he had talked to them and there was a trial starting up the end of this month in our area. If I wanted in he would get me in. But he said they probably wouldn't get the tykerb for a month or two from then. He really didn't recomend I wait that much longer for treatment and my husband and I agreed. My scans the first of June had shown quite a bit of growth and we needed to get started now. So yesterday I started on abraxance and herceptin and my zometa. I was really overwhelmed. This is the nineth time I have had chemo so it is not new to me but I really whimmped out yesterday. LOL They gave me something for nausia and even steriods which I though I wasn't going to have to have. By the time they started the herceptin I was already nausia and I hadn't even had the chemo yet. I know it was just nerves. They then game me some ativan in my IV and I slept through the rest of the treatment. This was the first time I ever whimmped out like that. But I am better today and ready to put my gloves on and get back in the fight. Even though this break I have had off chemo was great, it sure made it hard to start back up again.
Patty H
Patty H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 02:59 PM   #2
cosmicdust

Patty you did not 'whimp out' as you took the BIG step to do chemo AGAIN. It takes alot of strength and will to fight this diease and you are a champ!
Old 08-16-2006, 07:37 PM   #3
kareneg

Keep those gloves on and keep on fighting!

IDC
DX 1998 STAGE I ER+/ PR+
AC CHEMO TILL FEB 1999
Tamxofin till 2001
2001 exstensive liver mets and mets to lungs
Started weekly taxol
Jan 2002 found out I was strongly HER2POS+++ started herceptin continued with taxol and herceptin till June 2002 then from June 2002 till Jan 2005 just herceptin and Arimidex
2005 Navelbine herceptin had RFA Then back on taxol with herceptin
April 2006 progression again went on clinical trial with tykrerb/herceptin progressed on the started Xeloda/ herceptin
Feb 2007 started Doxil
August 2007 Taxotere,Carboplatin and Herceptin exstensive mets to liver and pancreas
October 2007 Had to stop Carboplatin due to sever allergic reaction
Jan 2008
Stopped Taxotere due to progression now on Gemzar and Herceptin
March 2008 Starting Carboplatin, Abraxane, and Herceptin.
kareneg is offline   Reply With Quote