HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Clinical Trials
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2003, 05:22 AM   #1
Trudy

Hello everyone

I would like to hear from ladies who have completed Clinical Trial N9831 which included receiving A/C x4 Taxol weekly x12 Herceptin weekly x52.

I finished this treatment in March 2002 and so far am doing well.

I was diagnosed in August 2001 had lt. MRM
4 pos. nodes Stage IIIA.

It would be nice to hear from this group of
breast cancer survivors and share stories.

Trudy
Old 10-02-2003, 11:01 PM   #2
Sarah

Trudy

I am four treatments away from completing my 52 weeks of Herceptin for this trial. I was diagnosed in April 2002. MRM 1 pos node Stage IIA. I am feeling fine and am glad to hear that you have been doing well since completing the trial!!! HOPE is such a powerful word. I certainly HOPE that Herceptin in the adjuvant setting will beat this disease into the ground. I am glad to be a part of this trial. It will be strange to not have to report weekly for my herceptin. I haven't had to report to the doctors office for chemo or herceptin in a year. It will be odd. Now I will truly be able to move foward. It's not as though I can ever forget having had BC or the many wonderful courageous women I have met but it won't be a part of my weekly routine now and that in itself will be different. Good luck and God's healing grace to you and you continue on.

Old 10-05-2003, 03:29 AM   #3
Gloria

I too am on this trial. I was dx on Oct 7th 2002 and I will be taking Herceptin until May of 2004.

It is great to see that ladies have made it and are doing great.

I am from Southern Indiana.
Old 10-06-2003, 07:28 AM   #4
Lisa Ware

Hi there

I am currently enrolled in N9831. I just started Taxol with Herceptin last week. I was diagnosed in May 2003 at the age of 25. I had a lumpectomy and axillary node dissection - 16 out of 18 positive nodes. I tested ER+ and HER2+. So far I am tolerating treatments well. Taxol and Herceptin is much better than AC was. I had a little bit of joint pain after my first Taxol/Herceptin. I love hearing all of these positive stories. I just spoke with a woman froma support group last night who was telling me about many women she knew of that had many positive nodes and are SURVIVORS!!! We have to be strong to beat this nasty disease. Thanks for sharing your stories - I hope to hear from others too!!

Lisa
Old 10-12-2003, 11:31 AM   #5
Elsie

Hi all
I was dx in Dec 2001 with early bc and after having a lumpectomy & removal of 2 positive nodes I had chemo and when that was finished was offered to go on a clinical trial for 2 years. I have completed 1 year and am feeling fine.
Are there any other women out there who are on the same treatment.
Together we will beat this wicked disease!!
Elsie
Old 11-26-2003, 01:53 PM   #6
Lisa W

I am in the herceptin clinical trial however I am in the arm that did not receive the drug. I knew that this could happen but I was stil very disappointed that I could not get it. I was dx in July of 2003 with stage III invasive inductal carcinoma her2 neu positive 3+ with six positive lymph nodes. I am 33yrs old married with 2 kids ages 3& 4. I was told that sometimes if the durg is showing remarkable results in the trial that they will give the drug to everyone in the trial. I hope that this happens. I am starting my 12 weeks of Taxol and have just finished AC. It's good to be a part of something that is helping fight this horrible disease even if I didn't get herceptin!
Old 12-26-2003, 12:08 PM   #7
Lisa B.

I was dx in Feb. 2003 with invasive ductal carcinoma. Stage 3 12+ nodes ER+. I completed A/C x4 Taxol x12 and am now on Herceptin x52. I am 37 years old married with four children (11 9 6 and 4 years old). I feel pretty good and I'm glad to be on Herceptin! I hope the studies show it works great.
Old 12-31-2003, 02:02 AM   #8
Michele U

I was dx in Aug 2003. I am on my 4th Taxol tx and finished my 4 AC txs. I will get Herceptin for 52 weeks after Taxol. I had 34pos nodes. I think I have the record! Hoping that Herceptin will help. Does anyone know if there are any long time survivors on this study? I think it started in 2000. Hope to hear from you all!