HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Profiles In Courage
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2007, 05:19 AM   #1
Breezes1

Breezes1 Story

Hi All.
I don't know if this will land in the profile section, but, We'll give it a try.
It's been a while since I visited the board.
I was DX'd in Feb. of 2005 with HER 2 " present" Breast cancer. Stage 3.. 1 Lymph-node involved. I did 4 of the A/C treatments, that seems like a piece of cake compared to the Taxol.
I was supposed to do 4 taxol, and got through one. I became so ill and toxic from it, that the Onc. at the time cancelled the rest of the treatment. And did 33 rads. treatments. He did not recommend Herceptin at the time, being the side effects in out wiegh the success rate. ( His words not mine)
I was recently DX'd with Breast Cancer in the other breast. I went & had 2 opionions , and opted for the Bilateral Masectomy. I needed to get off of the emotional rollar coaster. This most recent cancer was stage 1 and it was 1.2 cm's. They got all the cancer through an open Biopsy. So.. when the pathogy report came back, from the Bilateral, it was cancer free.
I discused the the next step, with my new oncologist. And decided to try , a lower dose of Taxol/ Dycoxan(?) ( not sure of the spelling on that one)
At once a week intervals for 4 weeks. If I can't handle it after the 1st treatment, I'll be doing 8 CMF at 3 week intervals.
I think the most important thing is to find an Oncologist you are comfortable with. And having a positive attitude.
I am not going to sit here and tell you , that I don't have " my days" because I do.
But... I believe in positive thoughts create positive energy. And negative thoughts are toxic.
And I believe that god brought me to it, He'll get me though it.
God Bless each and every one of you.
Regards,
Deb
Breezes1 is offline   Reply With Quote