HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-15-2006, 08:53 AM   #1
LisaJ

Taxol, Herceptin, fever, chills

Hi. I started weekly Taxol and Herceptin doses last week. I did relatively well, a lot of fatigure, but no chills or fever. I have read that it is good to have chills and fever with this treatment because it means it is working. Is this true? Should I be worried that I didn't get more of a reaction? Thanks!

Lisa
LisaJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 09:25 AM   #2
aquinis2000

side effects

hi lisa, fever and chills are just common side effects of herceptin, but so are diarrhea and vomiting , running nose and cough. they don't have anything to do with whether or not the herceptin is working. the pten test is the best predictor if it is going to work or not. Al and some of the others are the "go to" people on this topic. but not having side effects are a good thing in my book. i've been on herceptin for months now and have never had a side effest, except a runny nose. good luck. A2000
aquinis2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 12:35 PM   #3
LisaJ

Thank you so much for the response. Your response makes me feel so much better. I do have a runny nose and have had both constipation and diarrhea in the first week.

What is the pten test? Can anyone help me with that?
LisaJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 12:48 PM   #4
aquinis2000

Pten

Hi Again, If You Go To "search" Tab On The Top Of The Main Board And Type In Pten You Will Get A Ton Of Posts Of Pten. Some Are Medical Abstracts That Really Explain It, Some Are Just People Who Have Had The Test. Hope This Helps
aquinis2000 is offline   Reply With Quote