HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-04-2006, 06:15 PM   #61
Lyn
A Living Legend

Smile

Hi all, yes I am feeling better today, I had my hydrocortisone needle in my wrecked shoulder yesterday, but not as good a result, I think it had something to do with the radiologist who yanked on it when I was having my knee X-rayed, then to top it off, on the way out yesterday I had another sudden drop on the step and of all things Ron had his left arm full and me he was holding on my bad shoulder and next thing I know I am being strung up by that arm, the Dr who did it, I call a "Hit & Run" once the needle was in he was off, whereas the one before made sure the stufff had circulated and checked my range of movement, and if that wasn't enough while I was getting dressed I though I my as well go to the loo, and sure enough I couldn't get up from the loo and ended up on the floor, again, knickers around my ankles no top on, I managed to hit one of the call buttons, I could only just reach it and turns out it was the call everyone alarm, and the one I needed was down real low, who would have thought, I turned out OK, a nurse came in and got me decent and a young man had to help me up, they were very gentle, and of course the good old jeans were used as a handle. So at the moment I think I must be getting over the pains of everything, so I am adding the Liquid Ordine (morphine) as a back stop. I am to start my Radiation tonight, 1 of 10 and tomorrow Saturday I am having an Echo done so fingers crossed my heart is better than last time, it is just so frustrating that I can't just get in my car and do what I want to do, when I want to. The house work is showing as being a bit of a strain on the family, now I think they realise what I used to do which was a lot. So I post when I can, and I am back on 1 steroid a day otherwise I just can't even get out of bed, I love my sleep but I hate having to get up for the loo, the steroid makes it worse, but at least everying is still working. I have also faxed a letter to the Hospital who was looking at putting me on the Trial, it was at the same time my neck was marching but we didn't know, so hopefully it is the Lapatinib, it said that this hospital was in a trial, I also thing that by having the steroid it makes me weepy and I haven't found the burst of energy yet. Will keep you all informed of my progress, a bit sad when I am laying down I can't even be bothered looking at my watch for the time, everything is an effort at the moment.

Love & Hugs and thanks everyone

Lyn
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 11:30 PM   #62
lu ann

Wink

Dear Lyn,

I know why you have beaten the odds. You don't hold anything in. You let it all out in your writings and you allow us to read it. You have made us laugh and you have made us cry. Thankyou for sharing your journey with us. I pray to God that you will start feeling better.

Love and Blessings
Lu Ann
lu ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 12:51 PM   #63
sherri

Well said Lu Ann,

Yes I think it's true for everybody: Lyn you have made us laugh and you ave made us cry. You are a Superwoman! I hope you get well soon.

Big hug,
sherri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 02:10 PM   #64
Val Pfeiffer

hi Lyn--
Sorry it has taken me so long to post. I just started a new job. After my BC situation, I decided that I wanted to go back into the health care field, so now I am managing product development for a managed care company that is owned my a non-profit. Hopefully I can make a difference.

Anyway, I have been thinking about you a lot since I read this thread yesterday, and I can't think of anything else that hasn't been suggested, except one thing....do you have your case history summarized on this board anywhere? Or in a format that can be emailed? If so, it would be my pleasure to send it to my docs and ask for their opinions--I am friends with several of them and I think they would do that for me. It sounds like you are in good hands, but you never know when someone will lookat a situation a bit differently and offer a new suggestion. No promises of course, but let me know.

And please hang in there--many people are thinking about you and cheering you on. I love your posts, because no matter how crappy things are for you, there's always a bit of humor injected in your words. In my opinion, that by itself serves as a pretty great guardian angel, not only for you, but also for the rest of us. Thanks.

XXOO
Val
3 months weekly Herceptin, Taxol. Carboplatin
Significant tumor shrinkage
Mastectomy 3/05; Stage 3b, 9 cm tumor, 5/8+ nodes
3 more months weekly Herceptin, Taxol. Carboplatin
7/05 30 radiation treatments, IMRT planning approach
Started 1 year of Herceptin 9/05
9/06 Began quarterly triple doses Herceptin. Brain & breast MRIs semi annually.

6/08 Right breast, intraductal carcinoma, high nuclear grade associated with comedo necrosis; extensive diffusely involved the entire biopy specimen. ER+, PR-, Her2 unknown at this point, 07/08 mastectomy.

Last edited by Val Pfeiffer; 05-07-2006 at 02:25 PM.. Reason: rewording to make clearer
Val Pfeiffer is offline   Reply With Quote