HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Herceptin / Tykerb
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Herceptin / Tykerb Share your experiences or ask questions about Herceptin or Tykerb

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-04-2009, 01:07 AM   #1
simpo

Question Side effects?

I have been on a 3 weekly dose of herceptin for just over 4 years. This followed a lumpectomy and radiotheraphy in 1999, then a 2nd diagnosis for which I had 12 rounds of chemo and 6weeks radio again. Mostly I have tolerated the herceptin with minor side effects, the occasional flu like symptoms and that is all. However on the latest visit to my oncologist I mentioned some symptoms of shaking, facial tics, difficulty picking things up, a real weakness in my right side (the left side was where the cancer was) difficulty walking when tired, difficulty standing from a seated position, small micro writing, her immediate response was that I probably had Parkinson's disease (some girls get all the luck!) I am due to have a brain scan to rule out a brain tumor, but I wonder if there is anyone out there who has been on herceptin long term and experiencing similar symptoms. The herceptin continues to do the job it is intended to keep the cancer at bay.
simpo is offline   Reply With Quote