HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-12-2004, 12:00 AM   #1
Naresh

My sister had her tumor removed by surgery last week. The surgeon said he had left a small piece of the tumor insdie since it was too close to the brain stem/bllod vessel.

Did an MRI today but it is not able to pin point the location of the small tumor.

The options given were (according to preference)

1. Whole brain radiation
2. Region radiation

Has anyone had such an experience. What is the standard protocol or what would you recommend in this case.

Thanks for your help

Love, hugs and prayers for all.
Old 02-12-2004, 09:25 AM   #2
patty z

Did Ragini have a triple dose, very thin slice MRI??? That shows down to just 2mm in size. If it is smaller than that, I would wait until it CAN be seen with frequent follow-up MRIs.

Then I would have Stereotactic Radiosurgey, avoiding WBR as long as concievably possible.

I had a small 2mm size tumor on my brain stem that had increased to 4mm by the time of my procedure without experiencing symptoms.

I know this is terribly frightening for you all... you probably know I have had THREE SRS procedures treating a total of TEN brain mets. I am now waiting to have a CyberKnife procedure to treat my remaining four brain mets, which are all nearing 1cm in size. And my first dx with brain mets was 17+ months ago.....

sending you all hope and hugs,
pattyz
Old 02-16-2004, 03:00 AM   #3
Naresh

Thanks Patty.

Rgaini is back from hospital and has toady posted a message regarding this. Hope she gets all the necessary info to make an informed decision. Hang in there and I will pray for you. Together we will all beat this!

Hugs and love!